• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

drawkcaB

DJ Sona is still on the PBE (public testing) servers and still isn't available on the Live servers.

Also, how do you steal an assist?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
It's only out on the beta testing server. Probably won't be up on live for another week or two.

Newt

DJ Sona is still on the PBE (public testing) servers and still isn't available on the Live servers.

Also, how do you steal an assist?
Well, you can steal an assist, but the more people involved in a kill, the less gold 1 individual assists is worth.

zkylon

zkylewd
Nah, the thing they have to change about Jarvan is make a distinction between his E and his Q. They might as well be one ability at this the point.
i agree

i hope they don't merge it, there's something really satisfying about the feel of eq'ing i think, and would be nice if his banner did some other cool stuff like give people running towards it a ms buff or something like that. could be nice to help your team follow up on your engages or to help someone escape (like you throw the banner near your own jungle and they can run away faster), etc.

correct me if i'm wrong but i think the attack speed buff is most noticeable when pushing turrets since on teamfights it's mostly wasted on the frontline which usually isn't too auto attack heavy. so probably strip that out and replace it with my above idea :p

and yeah really cut down his damage. i wonder how bad for him would it be to remove the armor reduction thing altogether.

Just installed LoL after being a Dota player for awhile and wanted to see the new changes. Love the way the game looks now. Just have one question, I cant seem to find where to buy the DJ Sona skin. Im not rushing to purchase it or anything but Its not on my store anywhere for some reason and just was curious. Where are other people finding her or is she not available as of yet?

What are some good heroes to checkout as a beginner coming from other MOBAs to get a feel for this game?
newly announced heroes and skins go into the beta server (pbe) for a while (usually about 3 weeks) before hitting live and being up for purchase

as for beginner heroes you're best served trying out the cheaper ones (you can sort them out in the store by ip cost) that only cost 450 ip (that's a few games worth of playing), like annie or master yi that are pretty friendly for noobies and pretty fun to use.

if you want to try more complicated stuff look towards the free week champions. corki and sion are fairly simple and are free right now for you to try (tho i think low level players have a different selection so i couldn't really say)

drawkcaB

Well, you can steal an assist, but the more people involved in a kill, the less gold 1 individual assists is worth.

Yeah, but isn't the net result more gold for the whole team?

i agree

i hope they don't merge it, there's something really satisfying about the feel of eq'ing i think, and would be nice if his banner did some other cool stuff like give people running towards it a ms buff or something like that. could be nice to help your team follow up on your engages or to help someone escape (like you throw the banner near your own jungle and they can run away faster), etc.

correct me if i'm wrong but i think the attack speed buff is most noticeable when pushing turrets since on teamfights it's mostly wasted on the frontline which usually isn't too auto attack heavy. so probably strip that out and replace it with my above idea :p

and yeah really cut down his damage. i wonder how bad for him would it be to remove the armor reduction thing altogether.

...Jesus Christ I forgot he even gets that. Jesus Christ.

skin aint out yet

if ur looking for a dota style hero then the closest thing i can think of is fiora (aka juggernaut without his blade fury or healing ward.)

Nekofrog

Banned
%current health damage, armor shred, slow, shield, attack speed and armor buff, and ap damage all in one rotation of skills

and that's not even counting his ult

YAYYYYYY

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah, but isn't the net result more gold for the whole team?
it's complicated

money a team gets per kill equals bounty + 50% of that bounty split among the assisters. if there are no assisters, that 50% goes to waste, so you almost always rather steal the kill than not have any assists at all. if there are more than one assister then no extra gold aside from that 50% is created (and the assisters get 25%, etc.)

the "tricky" part is the assist streaks thing. basically people with way more assists than kills get a bit of extra gold, so you always want to get as many people possible to get assists so they benefit from the assist streaks.

...Jesus Christ I forgot he even gets that. Jesus Christ.
yeah, they removed the armor buff but the as buff is still there

zkylon

zkylewd
Assist gold is limited to 50% of what you killed was worth, more people helping just means the gold gets dilluted.
that ends up being balanced out by assist streaks tho

i think the bottom line is the more people that gets assists the better and to always steal a kill (don't flash for it tho lol) if there's assist money to be wasted, as long as you're not preventing a kassadin from snowballing or something

drawkcaB

Assist gold is limited to 50% of what you killed was worth, more people helping just means the gold gets dilluted.

it's complicated

money a team gets per kill equals bounty + 50% of that bounty split among the assisters. if there are no assisters, that 50% goes to waste, so you almost always rather steal the kill than not have any assists at all. if there are more than one assister then no extra gold aside from that 50% is created (and the assisters get 25%, etc.)

the "tricky" part is the assist streaks thing. basically people with way more assists than kills get a bit of extra gold, so you always want to get as many people possible to get assists so they benefit from the assist streaks.

Ah I see. I remember seeing some analysis and skipped to the TL;DR and it was "assists guuud".

I'm still going to keep getting bullshit assists though wherever I can, 'cause that how I roll.

%current health damage, armor shred, slow, shield, attack speed and armor buff, and ap damage all in one rotation of skills

and that's not even counting his ult

YAYYYYYY

If you make a list of all a champions traits you can find lots of champions that are balanced that seem OP as fuck. More importantly is that Armor Shred and Attack Speed% are hidden power. Start there for nerfs. Always, always start with hidden power.

The attack speed is pretty meaningless for his team though, just make it so the aura doesn't give assists, only hitting the flag does.

The shred is a good start to keep his damage in check. If that's not enough his ult needs to get fucked.

zkylon

zkylewd
0CbLgqwiUdvtjM34

it begins

Ah I see. I remember seeing some analysis and skipped to the TL;DR and it was "assists guuud".

I'm still going to keep getting bullshit assists though wherever I can, 'cause that how I roll.
that's good, because you're never really "stealing money" from your teammates because of the assist streak thing. just e one of the guys that's killing someone with nami or whatever, it's always good to get more assists

specially since kills often go like adc > mid > jungler > top > supp so unless you got a fed jungler/top the three non-carries are gonna be getting tons of assists and just enjoying that 60g bonus over and over

If you make a list of all a champions traits you can find lots of champions that are balanced that seem OP as fuck. More importantly is that Armor Shred and Attack Speed% are hidden power. Start there for nerfs. Always, always start with hidden power.
well what did i say! remove armor shred and attack speed team buff and replace the flag buff with something with better utility like ms buff or dmg reduction or whatever

The attack speed is pretty meaningless for his team though, just make it so the aura doesn't give assists, only hitting the flag does.

The shred is a good start to keep his damage in check. If that's not enough his ult needs to get fucked.
yeah, the numbers on his ult are pretty cray

he has a great kit for a tank, he has good cc, a spell to buff his allies and a way to force focus by just locking everybody in cataclysm. he doesn't have the kit of an assassin or a bruiser, like lee or olaf, just the damage of one

the super damage isn't too necessary and he could get a bit more utility (ms buff flag <3) and tankiness (maybe make his shield scale with something) if he ends up being too useless

zkylon

zkylewd
It already exists bro.

bottom left corner was annoying me so fixed it for ya

ibzUFX0in3uq2r.PNG

would've fixed it a bit more since i was gonna make myself an avy from that pic but i only have that for you, stealing scum :3

anyone wants an avatar just ask, i liked when we did like a month of everyone sporting their favorite champion as avatar or something, that was nice

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
bottom left corner was annoying me so fixed it for ya

ibzUFX0in3uq2r.PNG

would've fixed it a bit more since i was gonna make myself an avy from that pic but i only have that for you, stealing scum :3

anyone wants an avatar just ask, i liked when we did like a month of everyone sporting their favorite champion as avatar or something, that was nice

<3

iGIlRTo.gif

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Ugh, do people try and run two tops instead of a top and jungle at lvl 30? Been noticing this a lot while I level my account. >_< I know part of it is a lack of lvl 10s with smite at low levels, but any time I've been in a group with that comp it's been painful.

nobody does 2 top in level 30 because that denies your top laner farm and leaves jungle open. unless someone's crazy enough to try a DOTA trilane in League. Can't see that working well.

Ferga

It looks like Riot fixed the crazy lp losses.

Interested in seeing if my mmr is complete garbage or if my gains were affected by the bug

Nekofrog

Banned
it's not just the smite at level 10 thing

even moreso with the new jungle, runes are pretty much mandatory. you could "get by" in the old jungle on certain champs, but with the new jungle you pretty much can only play 2-3 champions and survive there at low levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom