• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I never should've abandoned the one true waifu.

CahNFhu.png

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
REALLY RITO?

6QbYC2o.jpg

whats your runes and masteries setup pankaks?

This is really only a low elo set up I'm running because I know my lane opponents aren't smart enough to punish me. I've gotten a lot of flash q-powerchord FBs running this in low elo. Obviously I wouldn't recommend this above gold as you will probably get rekt.

Jeff-DSA

*sigh*

Lost game 1 of promos. The whole team lost every lane. Jungler didn't know what he was doing and fed too. We just got rolled.

Blizzard

Banned
I got an Ezreal on my team. I was like, everyone let's watch Ezreal and if he builds tear first let's yell at him. And he was all, "so tear first right? XD" and we were all hahaha, the jokes. And our support was hoping he wouldn't go blue build.

...he went tear, blue build, AND AFK for 5+ minutes in the middle of the game. Then AFK again later adjusting settings. ;_____;

zkylon

zkylewd
This is really only a low elo set up I'm running because I know my lane opponents aren't smart enough to punish me. I've gotten a lot of flash q-powerchord FBs running this in low elo. Obviously I wouldn't recommend this above gold as you will probably get rekt.

oh yea i can't imagine that ending well in my games lol, at least not with me being this bad

the runes/masteries combo i'm running on nami/sona:
2 armor quints, 1 ap quint
mpen reds
hp yellows
4 flat ap blues
5 flat mr blues

and then 0/15/15

so not as risky as yours, but still pretty dumb heh

What are the best masteries for tanky supports?
i'm not sure if they're "the best", but my 0/15/15 that i run on basically everyone feel pretty good on braum/leona/thresh. i mean they feel pretty good on everyone, that's why i just run that all the time

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/las/237189#masteries (page 6, often i switch that one point in perseverance with swiftness)

i don't like 0/21/9 too much cos i feel like the later points of defense aren't as great on support since you're not really gonna be seriously tanking all that much

Tizoc

On Sona I prefer to build AP after Sightstone, so a final build of mine would like somethin like this
Sightstone, Cooldown Boots, Mikael or Unholy Grail, Hourglass, Rabadon, Lich Bane
In case the enemy is heavy AD, I'd get a Frozen Heart.

zkylon

zkylewd
On Sona I prefer to build AP after Sightstone, so a final build of mine would like somethin like this
Sightstone, Cooldown Boots, Mikael or Unholy Grail, Hourglass, Rabadon, Lich Bane
In case the enemy is heavy AD, I'd get a Frozen Heart.

how long is your average game lol

Blizzard

Banned
The AFK blue Ezreal throw game was a promotion game. Good thing I didn't realize it at the time or it would have been even more frustrating. ;( I got an awesome team and got carried the game afterwards at least. Amusingly enough another Ezreal, but that one built trinity first. Third game now!

zkylon

zkylewd
Oh mind you I don't actually manage to build all that; at best I'd finish Mikael or Unholy Grail and by then we won =3

BTW what's the best/cheapest Mana Regen item?
faerie charm? :p

if you need a mana solution cheapest for mid you can get tear if you don't need the mr from chalice but generally you'll want to do fiendish codex or that thing you make with two faerie charms for morellos. double dorans + fiendish codex is pretty nice with ahri

Pancakes

the best mana regen item on sona is mikaels.

but usually you build shittons of ap on her so u get lich bane with your frost queen tier 3.

Mikaels is core on Sona. I started doing what Euler does and just sell the T2 frostfang to get an earlier aegis or FH depending on enemy team comp.

Sofo

you easily can

sona Q kill stea -- secure ヽ༼◕ل͜◕༽ノ

One of my best friends basically only plays Sona and he gets so much heat for that... lol.

Like we just aced them, and we have someone slowed, with no flash and you see the GOD DAMN BLUE THING swivel all the way to just last hit lol.

Aaah! It's fine though, because he has to deal with me as an ADC, and god knows I would not dare to support myself lol.

Pancakes

that's pretty clever

you don't feel like you need the money later?

Once you get past a certain point in the mid game you don't get an immense amount of gold from it anyway. Better to rush an item that helps your team overall.

zkylon

zkylewd
Once you get past a certain point in the mid game you don't get an immense amount of gold from it anyway. Better to rush an item that helps your team overall.
spending 500g on the t2 sounds bad to me tho, wouldn't it be better to never upgrade it at all?

Jeff-DSA

I'm in a massive slump. Yeah, I can keep hitting promos, but I can't win them. I can't put any consistency together. I'm just playing so poorly right now. My poor teammates.

Tizoc

Mikaels is core on Sona. I started doing what Euler does and just sell the T2 frostfang to get an earlier aegis or FH depending on enemy team comp.

Here's the thing, depending on enemy comp I gotta choose between Mikael or Locket. Like if enemy team has champs with AoE abilities, I'd like to get Locket to help out my team.
Would it still be worth it to get Locket+Mikael though?

zkylon

zkylewd
You need the extra AP and sustain in lane.

how about buying a doran's ring?

you lose 5 damage on hit, but you get 10 more ap which benefits your spells, passive and heals.

you lose 5g on hit but dorans costs 100g less. that's 20 hits to make those 100g. 20 hits is not a lot but with dorans you get the extra 100g right away with which you can buy a pink ward or a couple potions or whatever. i don't know how much money you usually make with t2 spellthief, but you keep t1, so you still have the gp10 and the basic on hit moneys

and 25% mana regen is roughly less or equal to 3 mp5 for most of the early game. a few minions secured with sona gives you a bit more sustain

worst part i think is wasting an item slot

what do you think?

also i just realized doran's rings are still using flat mp5. rito was pretty inconsistent with that shit, doran's, blue elixir and blue buff still give flat amounts. i'm guessing they don't want these items to scale? it's weird...

Leezard

I think item slots are really precious as a support. You'd be forced to sell the Doran's Ring earlier than the Frostfang (or sell spellthief earlier, I guess). Frostfang does contribute quite some gold as well.

Personally I don't buy Frostfang (on some champs) if the laning phase is already over or if the enemy bot lane have a tough hard engage lane.

Frostfang is no good if you're getting forced into team fights frequently.

I love FQC on Morgana when there aren't full team fights going on though. Mobility + FQC makes her a very good roaming support. The active makes it very easy to land Q. There were times I forced Flashes just because I landed FQC.

zkylon

zkylewd
i see

i really don't like the spellthief line too much, i dunno why. i think it's cos the final item feels like a waste of stats on support and i don't see all that use for the active (it's obviously good but nowhere near shurelyas imo) .

also i just realized doran's rings are still using flat mp5. rito was pretty inconsistent with that shit, doran's, blue elixir and blue buff still give flat amounts. i'm guessing they don't want these items to scale? it's weird...
It's probably a way of controlling these items. Like, imagine if Doran gave % base, say 25%. Now the item is weaker than live early, but then you stack them and now you have huge, cheap mana sustain that scales hard. Solution would be making it an unique passive, but now you can't stack Dorans.

It's just too much trouble. Same goes for blue and elixir, you stack them with something like Morello's and now you might as well be an energy champion.

It's probably a way of controlling these items. Like, imagine if Doran gave % base, say 25%. Now the item is weaker than live early, but then you stack them and now you have huge, cheap mana sustain that scales hard. Solution would be making it an unique passive, but now you can't stack Dorans.

Didn't stop Rito from flipflopping with Doran's Blade though.

I think it might have more to do with the weakness of mana regen % early on. Lifesteal is probably passable since you auto so often anyway.

I should have stopped playing.

Lost all my games today, 4 rankeds and 5 normals.
I do get a warning when I'm in danger of being demoted, right?

I'm talking about tier demotion. I know that Riot implemented this in S4, but I think they said something about getting a warning, but I'm not sure.

I don't know anyone who got demoted from gold to silver, for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom