• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
it's cool to note that afaik all teh lunar revel skins will be just added skins, not limited, legacy or anything such

so like even if that jinx skin is all kinds of awesome, i'm gonna wait until it's on sale

dj sona is gonna set me back a lot anyways

As in we get them or just the reveal? I thought the Blood Moon skins were our Lunar ones lol.

as in we get them. It's Firecracker Jinx, Warring Kingdoms Katarina and Warring Kingdoms Nidalee

although they're getting a bit loose with the Warring Kingdoms name now. Not even sure who those skins are supposed to represent. With the others it was easy to tell (Zhao Yun Xin Zhao, Lu Bu J4, Guan Yu Tryndamere)

I still find Guan Yu Trynd weird. Should have been Xiahou Dun

Ah right, I just assumed those were new skins rather than themed. As mentioned, the Dynasty Warriors skins are a bit all over the shop now.

I don't think those are supposed to be Romance of the Three Kingdom skins. From what I read Nidalee is based on a chinese deity.

Katarina doesn't really look like any of the Wu officers so I guess she's just supposed to be Katarina in spats, which is fine by me.

garath

Yay. Finally the warring kingdom skins. Of course it was hard to get Nidalee before. Now it's going to be impossible unless you're first pick.

Jeff-DSA

Don't Fizz players also have to land that shark?

Yeah, if they want to be able to assassinate anybody, they have to hit the shark. His burst damage is what took the big hit, but if they land the shark they get a boost to damage output and he can chew through someone quickly.

Jeff-DSA

This is true misery.

9BwJfUC.png

It's a long way to the top (if you wanna play LoL).

I like how there's no slide out of gold, it's just a big middle finger from Riot saying, "yeah, well, we want you back down here for...reasons."

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
This is true misery.

9BwJfUC.png

It's a long way to the top (if you wanna play LoL).

I like how there's no slide out of gold, it's just a big middle finger from Riot saying, "yeah, well, we want you back down here for...reasons."

Yea, it really sucks.

Blizzard

Banned
Statistically if you can play at a gold level, you should be able get there -- it just may take patience and 100+ games for everything to even out. I think it took 400 last season, not sure about the season before.

I -could- have spent those 300+ hours of my life better, though.

drawkcaB

it's cool to note that afaik all teh lunar revel skins will be just added skins, not limited, legacy or anything such

so like even if that jinx skin is all kinds of awesome, i'm gonna wait until it's on sale

dj sona is gonna set me back a lot anyways

Do you have a link for this? I was going to buy Jinx and Nidalee skins but if they're going to be on sale...

Then again it makes sense. The lunar revel skins for Xin and J4 were on sale at some point too.

garath

I'm a shill. I'll buy Jinx and Nidalee skins immediately because I play them a good deal and don't have any skins for them.

I have like 11,000 kat skins so I'll wait on that one to go on sale.

Heads up for those looking into the Lunar Revel bundles, the Lunar Revel Mega Bundle doesn't include the two new ward skins, nor the new summoner icon. I was looking into getting it just to round off the last couple skins I don't have from these sets, and noticed them missing.

drawkcaB

I have a good amount of RP these days from teh sale, so I'm getting Jinx, Nidalee, Varus, and Nautilus skins for sure. DJ Sona...I don't know, as time goes on I like it less and less. It'll depend on the sale price.

Leezard

Zilean appears to get some ability changes on PBE.

Attack range reduced to 550 from 600
Base armor increased to 19.134 from 17.134
Time Bomb (Q)
[Now thrown at a location and sticks to first unit that comes around it (prioritizes champs)]
[New Effect - "Placing two bombs on a unit detonates the first bomb early, stunning all enemies in the blast for X seconds."]
[Damage Changes]
Now Detonates after 3 seconds down from 4
Mana cost lowered to 60/70/80/90/100 from 70/85/100/115/135
Cooldown lowered to 12/11/10/9/8
Rewind (W) now notes it only reduces "basic" spell cooldown instead of "all of".
Timewarp ( E )
Mana cost lowered to 50/55/60/65/70 from 80 at all ranks
cooldown lowered to 15 seconds at all ranks from 20 seconds at all ranks
[Cast range reduced to 550 from 700]
Slow/Speed now 40/55/70/85/99% for 2.5 seconds from 55% at all ranks for 2.5/3.25/4/4.75/5.5 seconds
Chronoshift (R)
Cooldown lowered to 120/90/60 from 180 at all ranks
Duration of buff lowered to 5 seconds from 7 seconds

The bomb is now a skillshot

Also, E rank 5 is kind of insane. It now can slow for as much as Thresh's ult.

Blizzard

Banned
Zilean appears to get some ability changes on PBE.

The bomb is now a skillshot?

Also, E rank 5 is kind of insane. It now can slow for as much as Thresh's ult.
No more fast R recharging too, though they lowered the cooldown a ton to compensate. Maybe it's equivalent.

Some of those things sound even MORE annoying if that were possible (stuns? super slows?) than the already annoying "enjoy your unblockable future damage".

Leezard

No more fast R recharging too, though they lowered the cooldown a ton to compensate. Maybe it's equivalent.

Some of those things sound even MORE annoying if that were possible (stuns? super slows?) than the already annoying "enjoy your unblockable future damage".

With max cdr you get 36 s cd ult now.

Before, with max cdr and spamming W you could get it down to something like 30 s, so it's pretty much the same except you can use your W for other things.

Zilean will probably become fun now.

drawkcaB

Zilean rework!

EDIT: and it's fucking bad. He needed the Sion treatment, nearly redone from the ground up. So much potential in a time mage and it's wasted.

More Sona nerfs, yay pbe.

Aren't those all reverts to 5.2 Live values?

Blizzard

Banned
I'm not a conspiracy theorist that thinks Riot always buffs champions before expensive skins...but why would they nerf her right before DJ Sona? That would seem REALLY weird if it gets released at the same time. I guess her win rate is still 51-53% which is high enough for Riot to want to bring her down, but I think some people have mentioned that she may not be very rewarding to play.

For reference, here is the article you are presumably referring to:
http://www.surrenderat20.net/2015/02/210-pbe-update.html#more

Here is the information:
Sona

Base Mana regen per 5 increased to 1.8 from 1.6
Mana Regen Per Second Growth lowered to .08 from .13
Base HP reduced to 482.36 from 497.6
HP Growth increaesd to 77 from 70
Movement Speed decreased to 325 from 330
Base Damage lowered to 50.04 from 52.04

[Note: These are reverts to the changes seen in the 5.3 PBE cycle. Additional Context available in the 5.3 notes]

*edit* Leezard's post is also a good point. Sources are good so we can check these things! *edit again* I dunno.

Leezard

"[Note: These are reverts to the changes seen in the 5.3 PBE cycle. Additional Context available in the 5.3 notes]"
So, it's back to live stats. She got buffs on PBE before.

wait. according to patchnotes she got that buffed in this patch due to some bug fix, and its reverted on PBE? its a bit weird.

DO A BARREL ROLL Fox-Fire's rotation speed has been increased by ~30%. This means if Ahri's hitting a champion with Fox-Fire at maximum range, she won't have to wait as long for her other Fox-Fires to rotate closer.
This is great

zkylon

zkylewd
new zilean looks pretty cool, skillshot q is already a great change, tho the amount of cc is a bit worrying. like an aoe stun as a basic ability and a 99% slow/speedup that lasts 5.5s is pretty insane

sounds to me like zilean will be an absolute beast, like literally everything about him is getting buffed

"[Note: These are reverts to the changes seen in the 5.3 PBE cycle. Additional Context available in the 5.3 notes]"
So, it's back to live stats. She got buffs on PBE before.

wait. according to patchnotes she got that buffed in this patch due to some bug fix, and its reverted on PBE? its a bit weird.

basically they're testing dj sona on pbe using an old version of her stats and they committed that change to live by mistake

so just ignore sona pbe stats for a while

Blizzard

Banned
Passive - Moonsilver Blade
CLARITY! Now displays number of stacks and remaining duration.
I seem to recall whining about this with Diana FOREVER ago. Finally!

WHOOPS Fixed an issue where Sivir's Spell Shield, Nocturne's Shroud Of Darkness, and Banshee's Veil reduced damage from all sources when blocking a spell. Now periodic damage and auto-attack damage are unaffected by spell shield.
I think this was discussed a while ago.

CAN'T GO HOME IF YOU'RE ON FIRE Ignite now interrupts champions who attempt to recall while Ignited
For some reason I thought this was already the case. It makes sense at any rate.

drawkcaB

Anyone else terror right now that needs a buff?

How about a new Terror for 5.3?

Kennen.

Just re-read the Zilean changes. I recall Riot saying they were kicking around ideas for a far away Zilean rework back in S3. At this is what we got. I guess he seems more interesting to play as a support, but time mage. I despire his time bombs purely out of concept laziness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom