• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferga

I've seen some goddingers in diamond who never seem to miss the stun on the grenade and just burst your entire life bar away within the stun.

I tried it in custom to see if it was changed but nope. Some people are just really good at hitting those damn things.

drawkcaB

This is so much more interesting than what we got.

Isn't that just an exact copy of Zed, essentially?

zkylon said:
mid zilean only needs to shove and tear stack. he's kinda like lulu i guess, all about being support for the team

Does he even stack tear fast enough for this to be worth it? He doesn't have a Karthus, Cass, or even Ori spammable spell. Any rate, seems like he'd be a fun support to add to the mix.

Bacon

I just can't get into a groove this season. Very up and down so far and I can't for the life of me figure out a "go to" champion for any role. Last season it was volibear and morgana but I can't get on a streak with anyone this season. I think I'm gonna take a few weeks off from ranked until things start to settle.

zkylon

zkylewd

i'm the best leblanc (click picture for non awful gif version)

Does he even stack tear fast enough for this to be worth it? He doesn't have a Karthus, Cass, or even Ori spammable spell. Any rate, seems like he'd be a fun support to add to the mix.
i personally feel that it doesn't really matter how long it takes for you to stack it. you don't need to fully stack tear for it to provide enough mana for you to do your job. i use tear on lux sometimes and it's pretty ok

i think he'll be more support than mid since he lost scaling, but i've been wrong about this kind of stuff before

Newt

Holy shit im so annoyed right now. Ganked 4 times in the first 10 minutes, and twice by mid before we were even level 6. This asshole Swain is just freezing mid and farming, not even bothering to throw out a mia. Then he has the audacity to blame me.

drawkcaB

i think he'll be more support than mid since he lost scaling, but i've been wrong about this kind of stuff before

Just fucking around on PBE in custom, I don't see why he can't be a mid after the rework if he was played there before. Self-Q-E-W-Self-Q to stun is an amazing combo for any lane. Also, his new AA animation is smooth as fuck.

zkylon

zkylewd
Just fucking around on PBE in custom, I don't see why he can't be a mid after the rework if he was played there before. Self-Q-E-W-Self-Q to stun is an amazing combo for any lane. Also, his new AA animation is smooth as fuck.

i just think lack of scaling abilities and the worthless passive (if you're mid lane) make him a better support than carry

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Yay I did it boys...

faT4gM2.jpg

Nekofrog

Banned
my new mouse is going to take some major getting used to

it has (in order):

left click, (mouse wheel) normal right click, additional right click to the right of that.

on my old mouse my ring finger was on right click, now with this new mouse my ring finger will have to be on the new furthest right click, middle on the normal right click. its so different

but now i have target champions only on the furthest right click so no moar misclicking?

Ferga

Oh look. I got approved for PBE testing.

Now I can get to trying out the new jungle minions and how smite works! I hope dragon buff isn't too useless early on and too overpowered later.

zkylon

zkylewd
oh i just realized what the sona patchnotes mean

so live sona has basically a reverted nerf/change/tweak/sona'ing huh

interesting

zkylon

zkylewd
you plebs so funny

i had pbe acc like million years ago

Something about the skins are affecting the champ stats, riot kayle have her stats changed too
no, i get it, i just thought rito was saying they fixed it on 5.3 instead of "we know these numbers are wrong and we're just ignoring them"

God I love playing Janna. Her ability to just say "NOPE" and get you and your team mates out of just about any situation is amazing. That feel when the whole enemy team is chasing you down and you just drop a tornado behind you, laugh emote and then speed off into the distance.

Jeff-DSA

I'm starting to feel like silver is mentally abusive. I can't handle this. People won't listen to a ping. They won't group. They won't do a freaking thing they're supposed to. How are people playing this game for hundreds of games still so bad at it?

HlS2qDg.png

Blizzard

Banned
I'm starting to feel like silver is mentally abusive. I can't handle this. People won't listen to a ping. They won't group. They won't do a freaking thing they're supposed to. How are people playing this game for hundreds of games still so bad at it?
I've played thousands of games and I'm still very bad. Granted the game has changed a lot over that time, but I have a combination of two factors:

1. I apparently have a really bad memory, and really bad reflexes, so I'm both bad at learning what I should do (unless it's simple like "get lots of towers and dragons, and follow this precise build order"), and bad at executing it (reactions in teamfights).

2. Why would playing hundreds of games make you any better at it, if you're playing against people who are, presumably, as bad as you? There aren't often good teammates to teach you, or good enemies to challenge/teach you. Therefore, one may have to actively look elsewhere and make an effort to watch other, better, people, instead of just using low-level games as learning experiences. This is also tricky since some things that work in high-level games won't work in low-level games, so it's like...you may need to learn what a high-level player WOULD do in a low-level game, but of course they're not allowed to play those games since smurfing is illegal and they'd just rank up fast anyway. :p

Sofo

Had 2 wins yesterday but both were a bit frustrating to play.

5KgGuJD.png

This one was so annoying. We got Graves ahead of Jinx both in farm and kills (he was 3/1/1 and she was 1/1/1) yet the guy was absolutely bitch made. He never contributed to team fights, only really using buckshot (no AA > Q > AA even) and collateral damage. It made the game really hard. At one point I told him (properly, not raging) that all this farm had to be worth something, in team fights. One of the last team fights before we won, they managed to almost ace us because of him pussying out. "I'm a farming adc sorry" ??? What does that even mean, this is not god damn PvE lol.

And I get it, we got pushed a lot in our lane, but it's just that every time he got a kill, it was thanks to top or mid roaming.

Worst is this makes me lose like a feeder (although I didn't play my best, we did get some nice picks), and we could have ended the game much sooner, too.

Second game was a bit more fun, in the more unorthodox sense of the word.

Ip6Hc5b.png

Jinx had Firecracker Jinx and I had Panda Annie, so I was pumped for it, but the guy was disconnected for like 8? minutes or so, and the Vayne and Leona abused that. They froze and I was alone in lane (therefore my low farm and my Doran's) and when Jinx came back level 1 they went full ham on her, but she helf off just fine (kinda, she was salty but I just ignored).

Anyway, I just roamed while Jinx was under her tower and Vayne and Leona backed, and I ganked mid and top. Top was with a proxy farm Singed which was really annoying but my roaming deterred him from keep coming up. Olaf got some nice kills on Lee Sin but in the end we got a nice fight by Dragon, where Malzahar got a triple kill (would have been a quadra, if i didn't steal), I tanked Dragon with Tibbers (we were low) and after getting Dragon they surrendered (???). lol.

Felt good to win that considering the 4v5 at the start!

^^^ See? That's the kind of stuff I was expecting from my adc. adc's players tends to whine a lot. (or maybe it's that I do read what they type, since I'm supporting them). That is why I'm grateful of the adc I got in my last game.

So I pick Nami in ranked, and the last pick asked me if I wanted adc, I told him I was more comfortable playing support than adc. And I was thinking "great, another guy who doesn't want/know how to adc and wanted support instead" (pretty much like myself, but I barely say a thing in-game).

We (Jinx and Nami) went against Caitlyn-Syndra, level one was harsh, I had to use my two health potions since Syndra had ignite and I didn't want to risk it. Eventually I went against Caitlyn after poking her enough, bubble her and all was great but I underestimated the dmg from Syndra's ult, and got killed, and Cailtyn barely got away. Jinx survived and had like 3/4 of her health, so no problem, and Syndra got the kill, not a big issue since Syndra stayed in the lane.

150g wasn't really a big issue, since Jinx got one more wave of minions before recalling.

While I was dead I was like, "uh if I had used my exhausth on Syndra I wouldn't have died, my bad". Jinx didn't said a thing. Then something very similar happened again, I forgot my exhaust and got killed and my adc, luckily our top tp and killed caitlyn and Syndra. So caitlyn was 1/0/1 and my jinx 0/1/2, still not too bad.

Again Jinx didn't said a thing.

I got Mikael's and sightstone, and had a tf at dragon, I used Mikael as soon as I saw Riven stun Jinx, and then exhaust when Syndra used her ult, my Jinx survived everything, and I saw all the enemy team was low between wraiths/raptors and the entrance to the river. I flash ult'd and we aced them, got dragon, and then they surrendered.

It was like lol.

I tried to give Jinx the firecracker skin since she didn't have a skin, and she played really well, (she 1v1 caitlyn, and then Ezreal-Syndra when I was at base) and didn't whine! Sadly for her there was only Mafia Jinx as an option. So I decided to give her a mystery skin, she got
Ragdoll Poppy
lololololololol.

Tales of ranked.
At least I won my last ranked before going to bed, I wanted to play with Ahri before the patch, but meh it doesn't matter, isn't like I'll stop playing her just because of the nerfs.

Jeff-DSA

If I lose this next game I'm quitting for a good while. Just had another nightmare game. I'm about done at this point.

Edit: Also, you're a dick if you bring a bronze 5 duo partner into a match and they feed the entire game.

Nekofrog

Banned
holy fuck i cannot play with this new mouse

it's almost 1/3 wider than my old one and the extra "right click" feels like it should be the right click even though it's not.

bidguy

Banned
man riot does a shit job at explaining the lp system
im getting 20-22 lp per win, sometimes 18. is that a standard number or something ?

it says my mmr is about 200 points higher than my tier (silver 2) does that influence lp gain ? is op.gg even a reliable site, it looks kinda cheaply made idk

Sofo

man riot does a shit job at explaining the lp system
im getting 20-22 lp per win, sometimes 18. is that a standard number or something ?

it says my mmr is about 200 points higher than my tier (silver 2) does that influence lp gain ? is op.gg even a reliable site, it looks kinda cheaply made idk

What do you not understand? And op.gg is not reliable.

Higher LP gains means your MMR is higher than your current league and the game is rewarding you for winning games.

Lower LP gains means your MMR is lower than your current league and the game will start rewarding you once you get on a winning streak (I guess a sign that you don't belong to that league because you are soaring through).

Sande

I'm starting to feel like there's something really fishy going on to keep W/L in check. So I had a pretty good start this season, going 30-20 in ranked. My duo friend was also about 33-20. What does the matchmaking decide to do? Make us lose. At any cost. We lost 9 matches in a row. In every match but one, other lanes lost and fed horribly. That one match was pretty much the only one where we had any chance of winning. This has happened to me about four times in the 10 or so months I've played. Whenever I start doing well and my W/L starts rising, it gets violently pulled right back down and then everything returns to normal. Maybe it's just a coincidence but I don't know.

garath

I'm starting to feel like there's something really fishy going on to keep W/L in check. So I had a pretty good start this season, going 30-20 in ranked. My duo friend was also about 33-20. What does the matchmaking decide to do? Make us lose. At any cost. We lost 9 matches in a row. In every match but one, other lanes lost and fed horribly. That one match was pretty much the only one where we had any chance of winning. This has happened to me about four times in the 10 or so months I've played. Whenever I start doing well and my W/L starts rising, it gets violently pulled right back down and then everything returns to normal. Maybe it's just a coincidence but I don't know.

It's roughly true.

Matchmaking works best over time. As you win and lose, the system is determining where your skill level lies. Ideally it is going to put you in a place where you will win 50% of the time. So you'll win and win and it'll keep putting you against higher MMR players until finally you lose. Duo queuing is even harder for match making because it has to accommodate two players MMR and try to match you against another duo queue due to the inherent advantage it lends itself. So you may end up with slightly lower MMR teammates because of it.

Under 100 games, the system is prone to violent shifts in MMR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom