• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadNames

Banned
tumblr_njdhghT81m1r84vi2o1_540.jpg

Lmao brilliant

Sande

It's roughly true.

Matchmaking works best over time. As you win and lose, the system is determining where your skill level lies. Ideally it is going to put you in a place where you will win 50% of the time. So you'll win and win and it'll keep putting you against higher MMR players until finally you lose. Duo queuing is even harder for match making because it has to accommodate two players MMR and try to match you against another duo queue due to the inherent advantage it lends itself. So you may end up with slightly lower MMR teammates because of it.

Under 100 games, the system is prone to violent shifts in MMR.
I feel like it overcompensates to preserve the ever-important 1:1 W/L, which actually ends up hurting the balance in the long run. I got placed in S4 because I did horribly in provisionals and as a result I've been winning a lot. I was in gold promos when the matchmaking decided to step in and drop me back to S2 with that lose streak. Problem is, I'll probably just start winning a lot again because I'm pretty sure I belong in gold. And the cycle repeats.

Jeff-DSA

Of course Panda spectates my 2:00am game. At least I won, but I know I made a few tired errors. Also, it was my first match switching to smart cast. Man, what a revelation that was. For some reason I would set it and it wouldn't apply. I tried many times, so I just lived a dumb cast life until trying again last night and it worked. Kind of screwed up some wards at first, but figured it out.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Of course Panda spectates my 2:00am game. At least I won, but I know I made a few tired errors. Also, it was my first match switching to smart cast. Man, what a revelation that was. For some reason I would set it and it wouldn't apply. I tried many times, so I just lived a dumb cast life until trying again last night and it worked. Kind of screwed up some wards at first, but figured it out.
you did fine, you were a bit passive in lane but your score is a good argument in favour of your play.

Had an awful game as Sona but only lost 12 LP so it wasn't a huge deal (the game I won before that got me 27).

She's so mana hungry; I can't roam much before having to back.

Siyou

I changed attack move click to my left mouse button (Button 1). I gotta say, I really enjoy this, as someone who plays Ryze this really makes playing adc a bit more fun. I've come across only one issue so far that's really hindering my performance and that's my inability to ping and clicking on the map will cause me to move in that direction, both of which are bummers. I can see myself likely altering between the two setups (normal left click and altered left click). It'll likely take time I suppose.

garath

I changed attack move click to my left mouse button (Button 1). I gotta say, I really enjoy this, as someone who plays Ryze this really makes playing adc a bit more fun. I've come across only one issue so far that's really hindering my performance and that's my inability to ping and clicking on the map will cause me to move in that direction, both of which are bummers. I can see myself likely altering between the two setups (normal left click and altered left click). It'll likely take time I suppose.

Probably because of all the ARPGs I played, I'm actually really comfortable with the default attack move on SHIFT-rightclick. 'A' hotkey never agreed with me.

I'd do the left click but I often left click on people to see what they have and that'd be awkward if I missed and attacked something.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
this is probably a silly question, but if your left click is attack move click, how do you run away? wouldn't your champion never move if there's an enemy in auto range?

edit: oh right, the other left is left click. right. ignore me.

I dont understand most of the penny arcade comics, its english but I dont get most of the dialogue when the comic starts to derail and begin saying nonsense.

Kureransu

Had an awful game as Sona but only lost 12 LP so it wasn't a huge deal (the game I won before that got me 27).

I always grab 2-3 mana pots per back ( i don't build tear). It's the only way to keep mana around.

Or you don't have to heal as much, which is the really mana eater. Her regen is pretty good. So if you're just spamming Q you should stay fairly good.

Try to not overuse her W unless you buy the chalice and start harrashing the opponents when her Q and go back to your ADC, her W is more effective when your ADC health is like 60% or less.

garath

I have a support page with some mana regen glyphs. I haven't used it since prior to this season. Didn't they get a nerf or something? Would it still be useful to use mana regen glyphs for sona?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I don't bother with mana regen glyphs, just get more mana pots.

Edwardo

zkylon

zkylewd
ult_sona______by_beanbean1988-d8hjyci.gif

sorry noot

Ya my first chance of trying Nami with mana regen runes was that game me, u, newt, and ghost played. I could just spam heal over and over in lane without worrying about mana.

i wouldn't get 9 mp5 runes, at least not every time.

like against leona or annie you really want the mr

Leezard

Her base mana was lowered along with a mana regen nerf that doesn't even out until level 4? Maybe I'm remembering the patch notes wrong. Either way, it's an odd touch to her stats.

It's noticeable, but I don't think it's huge. I have most of my mana issues post-4 usually, pre-4 is covered by a mana potion if I'm really heavy on the mana usage. I do use a couple of mana regen runes though. That said, mana useage pre-4 can certainly translate to mana issue post-4.

Jeff-DSA

It's noticeable, but I don't think it's huge. I have most of my mana issues post-4 usually, pre-4 is covered by a mana potion if I'm really heavy on the mana usage. I do use a couple of mana regen runes though. That said, mana useage pre-4 can certainly translate to mana issue post-4.

I get you. I think I saw it as worse for Sona since she's sort of mana hungry anyway compared to a lot of other supports.

nah that only happens if you go full healbot aka losing lane. thats why you have to shit on them super hard at level 1 and never make mistakes in lane.

Leezard

The upgraded yellow trinket is insane now. I was playing top lane and could have 2-3 wards out at all times. 250 gold for a pseudo-sightstone that you don't have to refill at base? Yes please.

Jeff-DSA

The upgraded yellow trinket is insane now. I was playing top lane and could have 2-3 wards out at all times. 250 gold for a pseudo-sightstone that you don't have to refill at base? Yes please.

This excites me. Even playing top, mid, or adc I ward more than most of my teammates, often times as much as the support. I think you have to in elos where teammates just don't do it, and this should make things so much better.

It's just too easy to use all your mana as Sona. The cooldowns aren't insanely long and require no skillshots to use. You poke all day with Q but if you get poked back you'll pop E to get away and W to heal the damage.

I guess it's just me, because I usually have mana troubles with support mages. I just always want to spam my skills.

sona's q is a max of 65 mana.

850 range too, which makes it ridiculously hard to land poke back. thats why janna nami karma etc have such a difficult time in lane.

The new Jinx skin looks awesome in 4K - the effects clean-up really well.

Now just fix the scaling issues Rito ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Sande

I also use left click for attack move click. The only problem with that is that sometimes I attack a wrong target if my intended target is not in range. Like I'm chasing a target, they get out of range and I start attacking the closest minion in the completely opposite direction.

I had to make MMB the new left click which felt weird for a while but I'm all used to it now. I had trouble with pinging as well so I just decided to create shortcuts for all the important stuff. Shift+LMB is the standard ping, Sh+MMB omw, Sh+RMB warning, Sh+A assist me, Sh+S ss.

It's kind of fascinating to follow the process of your brain "rewiring" when you pretty much completely overhaul the way you play a game like this. At first it's really awkward and you're constantly pressing wrong buttons, but then slowly it just clicks and everything starts happening automatically.

zkylon

zkylewd
i would love to see sona's passive actually strengthened to allow her to do more fun stuff with it, even if they have to amp it to every 4 spells or weaken her basic abilities or whatever. make it one of those 99% slows or whatever and make the dmg reduction higher so it doesn't feel like you wasted your passive. she needs better tools to do fun stuff than just win games thru giving stats to her team

like it's super lame that sona's playmaking is so tied to her ult that she only gets to make something happen every minute and a half, while thresh or janna or morgana can do something cool every 8 seconds or whatever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom