• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bidguy

Banned
seems like people do whatever they want in this game. i rarely get a team thats communicating well.

xxx - mid
yyy - mid
xxx - first
yyy - fuk you i dont care

they both go mid and we fail miserably

this happens about every second game

is it the same in ranked ? im only lvl 20 btw

edit: another example, A dies twice, B keeps bashing him, telling him he sucks. A proceeds to do worse. why do people think insulting others is gonna make them play better

Sofo

seems like people do whatever they want in this game. i rarely get a team thats communicating well.

xxx - mid
yyy - mid
xxx - first
yyy - fuk you i dont care

they both go mid and we fail miserably

this happens about every second game

is it the same in ranked ? im only lvl 20 btw

I did 20-30 not that long ago (maybe 2? months ago) and I get that feeling. It is pretty common and to be honest there's not much you can do about it. At best you can just dodge that game on the screen select or try to convince them (tough luck there).

20-30 imo it's the worst, because you have people that think they understand the game, smurfs helping their friends level up (toss a coin up and they'll either both be douches or both helpful) and just people that can't take any sort of helpful/informative criticism...

Just grind through it, you're almost there!

Pd. Ranked might be slightly better, but it still has people like that sadly but sometimes the threat of a defeat might be enough for people to think things a bit through.

Pd2. In games like this, just practice your own mechanics. Use it to practice last-hitting, do daring plays or stuff like that.

That's because you're still level 20 and doing normals. People in ranked are more accepting in general as long as you ask politely for what you want to play.

Edwardo

Normal Draft might be better, so you dont have to worry about people calling roles. You'll still get the occasional last pick taking mid even though you already have one though.

Teambuilder is good too since everyone gets what they want, and I don't know how popular normal draft really is before lvl 30.

Sofo

Normal Draft might be better, so you dont have to worry about people calling roles. You'll still get the occasional last pick taking mid even though you already have one though.

Teambuilder is good too since everyone gets what they want, and I don't know how popular normal draft really is before lvl 30.

When I played 1 Normal draft, it was super fun but my Twitch said that people AFK a lot in that game mode. Same deal happened to me on Team Builder... Idk, it might be lunch hours in EUW suck with all the kids getting called by their parents to go eat. D;

Edwardo

Normal draft is probably the worst mode in this game if you're not playing in a premade lol

Hmm maybe.

If i'm not feeling ranked, i'll go ahead and play either team builder or normal draft. Team builder is when I know exactly who and what I want to play and normal draft is good for when I don't really know/care what lane i'm playing.

If I feel like playing whatever I just go blind pick.

People in draft will just dodge if they don't get what they want and wait 5 minutes. Having to go through all of the stress of champ select for 40 minutes straight is not worth the lack of mirror matches

I much prefer draft as well, I hate mirror matches and hate not being able to know what I'm up against until loading screen. But normal draft is just ruined to me because there's no incentive for people to actually play instead of just dodging until they get what they want. Riot needs to implement a draft version of Team Builder already.

Fracas

#fuckonami
So yeah, if you're getting higher in the ladder and losing more, that's a reality check, you're hitting a brick wall but you're not improving.

That's what happened to me over the weekend. I was in promos to silver ii then went full tilt. Thankfully I stopped myself before I got demoted, but I still lost like 5 of 6.

I played like total garbage lol. Taking a break. Just gonna play normals til next season and work on all my roles.

That's what happened to me over the weekend. I was in promos to silver ii then went full tilt. Thankfully I stopped myself before I got demoted, but I still lost like 5 of 6.

I played like total garbage lol. Taking a break. Just gonna play normals til next season and work on all my roles.
That's what I'm doing as well. Plat isn't happening this season so might as well focus on improving so I can get it easily next season.

this is insane. these people are the missing link. the dumbest fucks know to human kind. I can't carry harder than this. I can't 1v9. It's too much.

I just don't understand how people can be this shit.

WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO

this is absurd. their Jinx was 2/9 at one stage. We won everywhere. But these shitty players are winning games because I have even worse people on my team. I can do no more than kill absolutely everything.

I can't stop people running off into unwarded areas and dying on their own. I can't stop people trying to stop a baron that's already dead.

Newt

this is insane. these people are the missing link. the dumbest fucks know to human kind. I can't carry harder than this. I can't 1v9. It's too much.

WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO

this is absurd. their Jinx was 2/9 at one stage. We won everywhere. But these shitty players are winning games because I have even worse people on my team. I can do no more than kill absolutely everything.

I can't stop people running off into unwarded areas and dying on their own. I can't stop people trying to stop a baron that's already dead.
Taking a look at this history, you guys were never really that far ahead. You did not win everywhere, you guys didn't even get a single dragon. Some games, you just can't carry because of bad team mates. This game at 25/8, you did not do enough.

Also, you're not gonna have fun if you keep playing that piece of shit boring champion -_-.

Jeff-DSA

Denied another penta kill last night because of a greedy teammate. I got a quadra in the big team fight and the last person on their team was off split pushing into our base. I backed (I was so fed that I could easily handle him alone), and told the rest of my team to push and go end it. Everybody but one does so, and he backs with me. I stun the person and am chunking him down when this doucher comes in and steals the kill.

My whole team raged on my behalf.

Leezard

She just has problems with super high ranged champions and duelists...which happens to be every meta ADC at the moment.

What do you usually do to make up for it in the post-laning phase?

I imagine she could be very strong in a meta shift.

Newt

What do you usually do to make up for it in the post-laning phase?

I imagine she could be very strong in a meta shift.
She has a very strong midgame powespike. Her Q has a 210% AD scaling, and with w auto canceling she actually has a lot of burst. I prefer to force picks around the dragon area using ult. Even 20 cs down, it's hard to match that kind of burst.

If the rest of the team is ahead, she's also a fairly reliable split pusher.

it isn't that absurd given how matchmaking is supposed to match you with your peers. So you probably had an 80% win rate with tf (like my j4 did) and it dropped as I went higher. If the win rate over a week or whatever measure they use hovers around 50% than that is the right elo.
No, it was always around 55-60% for most of the games. Then I raised it to a peak of 61% a week ago. Now it's back to 59-60%. But yeah, it increased as I went higher up the ladder, not vice versa. It was never 70-80% or whatever. Raised it from mid 50s to 60% over the course of hundreds of games.

Leezard

She has a very strong midgame powespike. Her Q has a 210% AD scaling, and with w auto canceling she actually has a lot of burst. I prefer to force picks around the dragon area using ult. Even 20 cs down, it's hard to match that kind of burst.

If the rest of the team is ahead, she's also a fairly reliable split pusher.

I see, that sounds reasonable.

zkylon

zkylewd
304YyRoNPALo8yhd

lol what the hell was this game

learned my lesson

not trying the corki freelo ever again

it's just asking for warmog namis with no red trinket

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO
If you die 5-6+ times in a game you shouldn't expect to win, regardless of how many kills you have. Also, use your yellow trinket more.

Heavy, put yourself in other people's shoes. Trolls and ragers are everywhere in this game. You queue up in ranked and you see someone with the name "AD TF" and he calls mid. They are probably already on tilt at this point and if they decide not to dodge, will probably throw the game because "our mid went AD TF". Also, with a name like that your teammates will have less confidence in you playing other roles. First impressions are important.

Yes, people like popular meta champs. They're the ones that watch LCS and decide to main Lucian because their favourite streamer picked him. There is very little room for creativity and off-meta picks in this game. You might even say this game discourages it.

Jeff-DSA

Yeah, off meta picks can make people turn stupid. Sometimes it's crazy, sometimes it's justified (I had a support Teemo and I wanted to quit right away). It's hard to know how your off meta picks are going to affect your team's psyche.

I picked Poppy as the last pick for our team last night. Someone dodged. Ah well, they don't want to deal with a non-Ryze top, I guess.

Newt

Heavy, put yourself in other people's shoes. Trolls and ragers are everywhere in this game. You queue up in ranked and you see someone with the name "AD TF" and he calls mid. They are probably already on tilt at this point and if they decide not to dodge, will probably throw the game because "our mid went AD TF". Also, with a name like that your teammates will have less confidence in you playing other roles. First impressions are important.

Yes, people like popular meta champs. They're the ones that watch LCS and decide to main Lucian because their favourite streamer picked him. There is very little room for creativity and off-meta picks in this game. You might even say this game discourages it.
Eh, the higher elo you get, the more people are open to different picks.

Jeff-DSA

Eh, the higher elo you get, the more people are open to different picks.

Yeah, that's true. Bronze/Silver/Gold players are pretty fixated on the meta. It's probably for the best though, because non-meta champs usually require a deeper understanding or skill level to work against champs that are well tuned to the current item/mastery/rune meta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom