• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
I feel like she needs someone else on the team to be doing a lot of damage because she doesn't do enough damage herself. Her ult and w allow another player to go to town on somebody..
in reality she does a lot of damage since all of her spells are damaging spells, her problem is that she's fairly short ranged so she can't really poke which means she can't really reach the backline unless she goes all in

This game is a complete joke. I just got demoted to Silver 4 because our bot lane, a duo, decided to come mid and triple mid. They were mad that I was going AD. Didn't even give it a chance. That was their reason. They trolled the entire game and I get demoted for that.

fci1eXb.jpg

I don't deserve this. I had 81 point in Silver 2, just one win from promos to get to Silver 1 and I've been demoted to Silver 4 due to game after game of this type of garbage.

confuziz

Banned
This game is a complete joke. I just got demoted to Silver 4 because our bot lane, a duo, decided to come mid and triple mid. They were mad that I was going AD. Didn't even give it a chance. That was their reason. They trolled the entire game and I get demoted for that.

fci1eXb.jpg

I don't deserve this. I had 81 point in Silver 2, just one win from promos to get to Silver 1 and I've been demoted to Silver 4 due to game after game of this type of garbage.

you went AD mid while having no AP top or jungle? Seems legit.

confuziz

Banned
Have you even read this thread once in the past 3-4 months? Is this your first time in here?

Why would that matter? I'm gold 4. I get what you are trying to do, with your username and all, but you are obivously going to get people mad.

This is a little bit like Blizzard would say: Not working as intended.

Why would that matter? I'm gold 4. I get what you are trying to do, with your username and all, but you are obivously going to get people mad.
That's no excuse for what happened. To start the game immediately trolling with triple mid, ruined the game. 22 deaths from those 2.

It's not like I fed kills early on and then they got mad. They started the game in mid and proceeded to die 22 times out of our 33 deaths.

I don't deserve losses like that. Nobody does. We actually would have destroyed them too. I was like 4-1, Garen was 4-1, jungle was doing well. All they had to do was go to lane.

Okay, I'm convinced. Sion is fantastic in the jungle. Great ganks from down lane, jungle is a safe place to farm up your W, and if you get fed, you can stay in a teamfight all day. Still hard to duel people, but fantastic in any team fight.

confuziz

Banned
That's no excuse for what happened. To start the game immediately trolling with triple mid, ruined the game. 22 deaths from those 2.

True but you will always have to deal with these kind of people in bronze, silver and gold. They only know the current meta and everything else is trolling.

zkylon

zkylewd
unfortunately playing things like ad tf are pretty conductive to that kind of behavior

which is wrong but it's what happens. i got trolled on for picking lissandra top, and even that is a lot less weird

you probably might do yourself a favor by only playing normals. you seem like you're getting more and more upset and fed up with the game for no reason

a shitty morg skin and a border you see for like a minute tops is not worth it

go do something fun with your life

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I'm not playing it for the skin, I don't even play morg.

I'm not silver 4 bad. That's what bothers me.
Are you saying that the game is somehow still off on its MMR for you after ~450 games?

zkylon

zkylewd
silver 4 bad or not you're being miserable which is a lot worse than like playing ball in the park or whatever normal people do when they're bored

also btw i just got super dumped by a diamond 2 ahri. i'm glad i recorded that one, my last hitting was pretty bad but i'm thinking it was so bad cos she pressured me so hard. so like, very interesting, gonna watch that a bunch of times and beat myself up for it :>

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
My TF is clearly Gold+.
You have like 60%+ of your ranked games on Twisted Fate. When it comes to getting the role that you want it's hard to really ask for more than that. Win percentage alone isn't really a telling factor, and it's easy for the number to look inflated if you start lower on the ladder. You've put in 36 games on TF in the last seven days and you've won fewer than half of them. The game is giving you a reality check by demoting you and instead of looking at your own play critically you are latching on to factors outside of your control.

If you belonged in Gold you would be there. Honestly, even if you want to play something bad like AD TF you have pigeon-holed yourself into an item build and skill order that are extremely suboptimal. Your understanding of the champion is not as high as you think it is.

Newt

You have like 60%+ of your ranked games on Twisted Fate. When it comes to getting the role that you want it's hard to really ask for more than that. Win percentage alone isn't really a telling factor, and it's easy for the number to look inflated if you start lower on the ladder. You've put in 36 games on TF in the last seven days and you've won fewer than half of them. The game is giving you a reality check by demoting you and instead of looking at your own play critically you are latching on to factors outside of your control.

If you belonged in Gold you would be there. Honestly, even if you want to play something bad like AD TF you have pigeon-holed yourself into an item build and skill order that are extremely suboptimal. Your understanding of the champion is not as high as you think it is.
It seems it isn't the only thing doing that.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
trolling happens everywhere. people throw, go on tilt, w/e in all elos. I've smurfed in low bronze and played up to mid plat and it happened in all of them. The master smurf I met last week says it still happens all the way up there.

i'm not gonna even comment on ad tf because there are plenty of one-trick ponies in high elo with unorthodox playstyle.

it's entirely possible to have a few games or a weekend of being on the receiving end of trollers/dc/afk/etc but if you're hovering around a certain mmr range and you've played dozens if not hundreds of games then there's only one common factor in all of them.

there's a trend where the better someone is the more critical of themselves they are.

Honestly, your know-it-all, faux-advice-giving, condescending attitude is getting tiresome. This part specifically:

You've put in 36 games on TF in the last seven days and you've won fewer than half of them. The game is giving you a reality check by demoting you and instead of looking at your own play critically you are latching on to factors outside of your control.
So after 250 games at 60%+, the last 36 have been a "reality check"? Statistically, that's impossible. It's absurd.

I've had a string of bad luck with teammates this last week. I've screencapped a bunch of it. It's legit. These last 4-5 losses I'm basically done mentally. I don't even care anymore and my play shows it. But your "reality check" statement is a joke and statistically not possible.

trolling happens everywhere. people throw, go on tilt, w/e in all elos. I've smurfed in low bronze and played up to mid plat and it happened in all of them. The master smurf I met last week says it still happens all the way up there.

i'm not gonna even comment on ad tf because there are plenty of one-trick ponies in high elo with unorthodox playstyle.

it's entirely possible to have a few games or a weekend of being on the receiving end of trollers/dc/afk/etc but if you're hovering around a certain mmr range and you've played dozens if not hundreds of games then there's only one common factor in all of them.

there's a trend where the better someone is the more critical of themselves they are.
My MMR with TF is definitely higher than Silver 4. The win rate is proof of that.

zkylon

zkylewd
today i faced an ad ashe mid, ap kog and then ap ez

was weird

i did pretty bad against all of them tbh, i roamed a lot against ez since i figured he'd be a slow pusher and that worked and was doing fairly ok against kog but then our jungler dc'd just as kog got blue buff and damn that lane got unfun quick lol

so yeah didn't feel too bad to get rekked by that d2 ahri later. at least it was ahri

---

haevy, dude, you gotta come to terms with ad tf and ranked maybe not being the greatest match ever. like being silver 4 or bronze or whatever matters so very little to get upset by. realize what league means for you and if it's worth the pain of playing ranked

if you're gonna be miserable over a stupid ranking then you probably shouldn't even bother. like really what does it matter.

i think you're a bit crazy over that whole ad tf thing but hey who gives a shit if rito puts you in silver 4 or 2 or whatever. it's a matchmaking system, that's all.

if you don't care about the rewards and the game makes you upset then just go play normals -_-

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
My MMR with TF is definitely higher than Silver 4. The win rate is proof of that.

Then don't play other champs? Dodge when you don't get it? I dunno what to say. There are 5 positions in the game, ranked is a culmination of what you put into it. If you think you're a Gold TF but other stuff brings you down then dodge when you don't get it. Not much else to say.

Then don't play other champs? Dodge when you don't get it? I dunno what to say. There are 5 positions in the game, ranked is a culmination of what you put into it. If you think you're a Gold TF but other stuff brings you down then dodge when you don't get it. Not much else to say.
I gotta get better with other champs, bottom line.

For some reason I do quite well with Cho Gath, check this out: http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-history/NA/32574845?champion=31

Mostly jungle Cho but top as well. I wish I could get good with a support, like 60%+ with a support. As a support I'm at a 20-25% win rate, it's horrific. Anyway, sorry for raging. No other game brings this out of me. I'm usually a super laid back fella, as calm and collected as the wombat to your left.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Supporting is doable but can be frustrating. You gotta make the plays with someone like Thresh or Nami or try to duo with an ADC around your MMR also looking to improve.

jerd

I feel like playing Soraka is a lot like being a mother. You follow your 4 little shithead kids around all day making sure they don't get themselves killed, tending to their wounds, nurturing them, just all-around putting up with their bullshit. But at the end of the day...

I JUST WANT YOU TO SAY YOU LOVE ME GODDAMMIT!!!

Ferga

Youre going to hit a brick wall with ad tf. Especially at mid.

Ap tf is already struggling against 90% of popular mids in high elo atm.

Just hope the meta changes drastically next season or else youll never get to gold and if you do, you wont be able to get past low gold. Its not about how good you are at the champ, its about players at your same level destroying you because they are playing a champ which has more benefits to either team comp or the meta.

Sofo

It's in Annie's favor, actually

Half the Annies Heavy will encounter in Ranked will probably use Tibbers vs Zed and Zed will simply ult away or shadow away. Like if Annie is one of your main mids you will probably be able to deal with matchups that might even be brutal for you, but I wouldn't count on anyone around those ranges to have so much experience with 1 champion.

Yeah you can say Annie can poke Zed under tower, but considering how immobile she is, would you? And Zed can short the distance with a W > E > Q combo even if you are behind minions.

Idk, I guess it could really go both ways but I honestly see it mostly on Zed's favor.

V_Arnold

I have a 60% win rate with TF, 40% with other champs.

My TF is clearly Gold+. I've destroyed tons of gold duos.

Your ranked score is not "how good you are with your ONE champion". Your ranked score is the sum of your games with your best and your worst.

Because you need to perform in other roles in order to be at a certain level in ranked.

I have the same problem, btw.

Sofo

I tried him once vs bots when it was on free rotation and I sucked major dick, and not the kind that I like. So yeah, props to anyone that can use him properly!

I think I'm going to start looking at ranked the way you guys say. I mean, what's the point in reaching certain division if I don't properly improve in all departments? How can I justify being in that division? Now if only I could ease my mind so easily. @_@

Btw, a friend of mine bought ravenborn leblanc. That skin is so pretty! Also he says she got a boob increase with it? Might just be the shading I guess!

Ferga

aphro streaming one of the funniest games ive ever seen right now

aphro on thresh adc, zion on blitz support, bjerg as ap naut

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
So after 250 games at 60%+, the last 36 have been a "reality check"? Statistically, that's impossible. It's absurd.
Its not absurd, it's Elo.

if you want to gain Elo, you have to win games in the here and now and you are not doing that, winning in the past means nothing, those games are long over and you've lost whatever elo they gave you.

Factually it is not.

sleepykyo

Honestly, your know-it-all, faux-advice-giving, condescending attitude is getting tiresome. This part specifically:

I've had a string of bad luck with teammates this last week. I've screencapped a bunch of it. It's legit. These last 4-5 losses I'm basically done mentally. I don't even care anymore and my play shows it. But your "reality check" statement is a joke and statistically not possible.

it isn't that absurd given how matchmaking is supposed to match you with your peers. So you probably had an 80% win rate with tf (like my j4 did) and it dropped as I went higher. If the win rate over a week or whatever measure they use hovers around 50% than that is the right elo.

on that note why shouldn't a 60% win rate with tf be grounds for a demotion? It indicates that you were slightly above average thanks to feeding on bronzies in one character in one role. You admitted that you can't support and that happens to the least contested role in low elo. How would you expect to advance when (at best) you have a 20% chance (being generous here considering how all roles are not equally popular) of doing kind of well?

I don't really want to take part in this discussion, but that's not how statistics work. You don't look at it in a vacuum, otherwise you were supposed to be gold or higher already since you play a lot and have a positive win ratio, specially when 70% of your ranked games are with TF.

Where were you when you started playing? Bronze? Low Silver? Competition rises as you go up the ladder and it's statistically impossible to say you're getting trolls/afks/DCs every single time, let alone most of your losses specially when you're in the division with most players in the game. So yeah, if you're getting higher in the ladder and losing more, that's a reality check, you're hitting a brick wall but you're not improving. I remember you dissing orb walking which is a really important technique for anyone with a focus on ranged auto attacks
Heavy said:
Standing still attacking a turret and dancing around with attack-move has the same end result. Maybe a couple attack-moves but one after every single auto? Just silly looking
Heavy said:
Barely any benefits
which likely means you don't do it on TF. If you're playing a below average range ADC and you start getting closer to decent ELOs without orbwalking then yeah, you're going to start to lose more. That's just one thing I can pinpoint that you could improve on instead of blaming teammates, because if you're getting higher in the ladder and you're not winning consistently enough to climb then I'm sorry to tell you but you need to improve. I got as far as Gold 2 and I have a negative win rate with most of champions I play, but since I suck I lost until I was back in Gold 5. That's just how the ladder works and blaming that one frustrating game isn't going to change anything if you're not winning when it matters. Everyone in gold or higher had to put with what you're dealing with and they still got out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom