• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sofo

That Thresh you are laning with is so god damn passive ;( He's literally at the tower when the creeps are meeting somewhat in the middle... Reminds me of my first game with Janna, wtf.

Pd. At least he acknowledged it on postgame screen. ;o

Nekofrog

Banned
JKydlFT.png

i need to buy the good xin skin

also i got spirit guard udyr in a mystery gift

i dont even udyr

I need some advice not sure if buy another rune page specially for "tanks" builds or buy more champs (riven).

I am currently at two rune pages so yeah....

brian!

I need some advice not sure if buy another rune page specially for "tanks" builds or buy more champs (riven).

I am currently at two rune pages so yeah....

champs are fun get champs
there are a lot of champs you can play with 1 standard page, ad quint, ad red, armor/health yellow, mr blue

the only time I ever use a particularly tanky page is playing a support i think

Korten

Banned
What do you build against Jax? I just topped against him as Shyvana and no matter what armor I built, he did seemingly full damage against me.

Also it happened in another game where I forgot to mute this Blitzcrank we had... Such an asshole. I'm convinced that anyone who just spouts bullshit in chat must be younger than 20 years old, because the thought of them being older than me and acting like a brat is a horrible thought.

Sofo

What do you build against Jax? I just topped against him as Shyvana and no matter what armor I built, he did seemingly full damage against me.

Also it happened in another game where I forgot to mute this Blitzcrank we had... Such an asshole. I'm convinced that anyone who just spouts bullshit in chat must be younger than 20 years old, because the thought of them being older than me and acting like a brat is a horrible thought.

Pretty sure 12-20 is the most toxic age gap, but I am fairly sure there's some people beyond 20 that still act like that. Hell, I'm 26 and sometimes I have to go to my happy place in order to not scream at my screen, let alone type it out.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta

Jax is a really tough enemy since his mixed damage is extremely annoying. You probably wanna go randuins, tabi, and banshees. But if you want to beat him, renekton is a really good choice to counter him.

Earlier I had one of the wildest games in a while. I was bot ADC with Jax as my support. I go mid 90% of the time but we needed an ADC and bot TF has worked for me in the past so I was like whatever.

Then we had an AP Trist top who pretended to speak broken English (admitted he was just trolling and could speak fine in post game chat).

Anyway, the game came down to a base race with Trist destroying their nexus seconds before they destroyed ours. Is there any way I could get a replay of this? Do you have to 'activate' replays on op.gg beforehand? I didn't do that. I was reading about them.

JczxrQn.jpg

Sofo

Earlier I had one of the wildest games in a while. I was bot ADC with Jax as my support. I go mid 90% of the time but we needed an ADC and bot TF has worked for me in the past so I was like whatever.

Then we had an AP Trist top who pretended to speak broken English (admitted he was just trolling and could speak fine in post game chat).

Anyway, the game came down to a base race with Trist destroying their nexus seconds before they destroyed ours. Is there any way I could get a replay of this? Do you have to 'activate' replays on op.gg beforehand? I didn't do that. I was reading about them.

JczxrQn.jpg

I just use LoLReplay! I'm sure you can find it by just googling it. I have it to turn on on start up so I basically just forget that it's there. It can be a bit buggy somedays but it has been pretty reliable for the last month/3weeks.

Also how brilliant that Annie is to pick into Zed, that has to be hell of a matchup.

That Tristana sounds obnoxious AF, lol. "lel trolled u h3h3h3h3"

Negaduck

Umm probably the normal build I do with garen, sunfire black cleaver stuff. The key is more to save your spin until he wants to stun, you still spin while stunned and usually they will back out and end up losing the trade. They also can't dodge your ult. Your jungler coming top also helps a ton.

Blizzard

Banned
It's taken me ages to save up 6300 IP from win-of-the-day, which probably means another champion is about to put me more behind again. D:

It would be nice to have a new female champion though.

Newt

Nothing. I just wanted to say pumpkin beer is nice and had to think of something League related to post it here

Also I'm bored of the current ADCs and if Kalista is real and an ADC as the leak said that would be cool.
Well, you're picking Lucian man. Of course you're gonna be bored.

I stopped playing Lucian for ages even pre rework cos he got boring. I'm only playing him now because I'm finding him fun again. Maybe I should play more Ashe. I love Ashe.

Bacon

I picked up lissandra as a top lamer in case I ever need one in a pinch. I feel like she needs more damage in her q. She has a nice kit but just does so little damage even with me building rabadons, deathfire and zhonyas.

Pick up Draven.

I used to play a lot of Draven, and loved him from as soon as he was released despite cries that he was shit until he was a top tier competitive pick, but I'm just not mechanically good enough to NOT DROP ALL THE AXES in a fight. Wouldn't take him into ranked.

Blizzard

Banned
For anyone who hasn't seen 2001: A Space Odyssey, such as myself, I assume that Daisy song is a reference to a scene in that movie.

zkylon

zkylewd
For anyone who hasn't seen 2001: A Space Odyssey, such as myself, I assume that Daisy song is a reference to a scene in that movie.
yeah

ori is basically female hal

or like i like to picture her, the robo girl from wall-e

oh dam must've been the fresh air that clouded my mind and made me forgetabout it

no such more shenanigans from now on i hope

any good sales?

i hope i didn't miss anything good

Bacon

yeah

ori is basically female hal

or like i like to picture her, the robo girl from wall-e

oh dam must've been the fresh air that clouded my mind and made me forgetabout it

no such more shenanigans from now on i hope

any good sales?

i hope i didn't miss anything good

I bought lizzy this weekend basically because of your praises of her. She's fun!

Bacon

:>

lemme know if you have any questions about her!

yea but unlike glados she's good on the inside and evil on the outside

like the tsundere robot in wall-e

My main question would be what items to build on her. I rushed rabadons but I dunno if that was the right thing to do.

zkylon

zkylewd
well lizzy's pretty situational since her kit is kind of weird

the one item you're gonna be building 100% of your games is zhonyas, since it lets you be untouchable for like 5s and that's crazy strong if used well. i would advice against rushing it but it's an item you're gonna want to always buy at one point or another

my favorite way of playing lizzy is doing the dfg rush and then playing her as an bullshit assassin :p you basically ult people, dfg em, q, w, ignite and maybe q them again if you have cd. you can use flash to make it super bullshitty (it's an instant 3s stun/root with megadamage) or you can catch people with e (if you don't use e to engage use it for damage, it's actually pretty strong for a single pointer).

after that you can do zhonyas, deathcap and void staff and buy elixirs to keep your cdr pretty high. cdr as with any mage is really important on lizzy.

other general build would be standard mage with like athenes into zhonyas. you can then get deathcap and void staff, general mage stuff.

i wouldn't suggest prioritizing deathcap too high since her scaling isn't all that great. for comparison lux with only one passive proc is higher and she still has her shield. so like void staff, sorc shoes and even abyssal in some cases are better options imo.

Blizzard

Banned
I thought Riot tried to nerf/change Lissandra specifically so she couldn't be played as an assassin like that? Maybe they didn't succeed. :p

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
One time when I was on a losing streak, I lightly tapped the wall beside me with my knuckles.

Blinded by anger.

WHOA WHOA WHOA

SIR

Please stay calm, you're upsetting the Koalas.

zkylon

zkylewd
I thought Riot tried to nerf/change Lissandra specifically so she couldn't be played as an assassin like that? Maybe they didn't succeed. :p
well the nerfs were def aimed at that playstyle but they were relatively small nerfs looking back

generally as far as gameplay healthiness is concerned they probably should retune dfg a lot if not remove it entirely

i really like the idea of buying a "make my champion bursty" item, i sometimes buy it on ori (NOT RECOMMENDED) and it's pretty hilarious.

but like how fast it allows you to kill people pushes it into not-great territory. like lebonk or katarina or fizz or even ahri get pretty ridiculous. i don't think it's specially problematic right now but it's probably something that deserves to be addressed

Bacon

well the nerfs were def aimed at that playstyle but they were relatively small nerfs looking back

generally as far as gameplay healthiness is concerned they probably should retune dfg a lot if not remove it entirely

i really like the idea of buying a "make my champion bursty" item, i sometimes buy it on ori (NOT RECOMMENDED) and it's pretty hilarious.

but like how fast it allows you to kill people pushes it into not-great territory. like lebonk or katarina or fizz or even ahri get pretty ridiculous. i don't think it's specially problematic right now but it's probably something that deserves to be addressed

I feel like she needs someone else on the team to be doing a lot of damage because she doesn't do enough damage herself. Her ult and w allow another player to go to town on somebody..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom