• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

garath

I could see sticking with a yellow trinket as a jungler early game. Especially in gold where no one wards. I like getting deep vision and the support just isn't going to do that. I usually buy 10+ sight wards in the early game that could instead just be an upgraded trinket. Later when the enemy support is roaming more maybe it'll be more handy to have the sweeper.

Ferga

I could see sticking with a yellow trinket as a jungler early game. Especially in gold where no one wards. I like getting deep vision and the support just isn't going to do that. I usually buy 10+ sight wards in the early game that could instead just be an upgraded trinket. Later when the enemy support is roaming more maybe it'll be more handy to have the sweeper.

Congrats. You've got the playstyle of a challenger jungler.

zkylon

zkylewd

i mean you can only upgrade it at level 9 so it's not really gonna help you early game

Nekofrog

Banned

the amount of money i spend on wards as a jungler is too damn high

especially since my team ignores them and still dies to ganks/roams even when my wards spot them a mile away

cHinzo

My time to vent:

AAAAAAAAAAARGH enemy Leblanc had 31 kills and our mid still refused to buy any sort of mresist as Ahri (Abyssal is so good!). >_>

I saw it happen once in Plat. I was a very happy support.

I just learned today

198px-ShenSquare.png
=
Auron_Avatar.png

Tizoc

Played a game as Supp Sona with an Ez. I got first blood by spamming my Q on the poor enemy Vayne. At one point my team was pushing mid (we were very much ahead), and I was defending bot, Vayne was trying to take the turret but the poor soul was so afraid of my Q Poke they'd rather give up farm than get tasered.

Maybe I misread it but are they actually reverting Sona's changes in PBE atm?

zkylon

zkylewd
aO9Zemb.jpg

with this you can get out bronze!!!

Played a game as Supp Sona with an Ez. I got first blood by spamming my Q on the poor enemy Vayne. At one point my team was pushing mid (we were very much ahead), and I was defending bot, Vayne was trying to take the turret but the poor soul was so afraid of my Q Poke they'd rather give up farm then get tasered.

Maybe I misread it but are they actually reverting Sona's changes in PBE atm?

some of sona's base stats on live are gonna changed in 5.4/when dj sona releases

she'll have less movement speed and less scaling mp5 but more base mana and some other crap like that

she should be about the same

nah if i play anything other than support i buy like 1 ward the entire game and then i get a sweeper and never get wards again.
i actually think you're better than me at taht since i buy a lot of wards and don't get much out of them and could be much better if i spent my ward money more intelligently on less but more effective wards

zkylon

zkylewd
and

it's an awesome puppy. it shakes itself off after running through the river. it runs away from enemy heroes. it chases its own tail. it howls when you pop your ult. it dog paddles in the river.

http://cdn.dota2.com/apps/dota2/images/store/cm_arcana/cm_dog_full.webm

~uguuu
that's amazing

gj doto

zkylon u dont understand i literally dont put down wards in laning phase until i buy one.

i mean if it works for you, i just start with the self-loathing if the other mid is outroaming me so i'd rather just keep tabs on em to keep my self steem at normal levels

Blizzard

Banned
49-minute games when someone ragequits at level 13 are tiring on the soul.

ELO boosters harassing in chat all game because they can't be banned -- only the account they're smurfing on -- are also tiring, even if you mute them. Is there no way to IP ban people who say they can't be banned because it's not their account? I guess people just use proxies of some sort?

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Had a couple of really good games tonight, felt great after a bad losing streak. Blew the dust off Morgana support, and was nailing the stuns. Good times.

I really, really need to start practicing other roles, though. I do much prefer playing support, but don't want to be a one trick pony. Gonna be practicing last hits against bots for a while because I am terrible at that. Thinking I'll focus on Riven and Lissandra since I'm pretty fond of both of those champs.

Sofo

As an inexperienced ADC, how do you deal with cheese lanes? Yesterday a friend of mine signed up and he wanted to play, so it was a 4v5 basically if you guys get the notion. My other friends didn't want to log on our lower level accounts because "he would learn more" (I don't agree, because when they did that to me when I leveled, I still didn't know wtf I was doing well or wrong, or what to expect from the enemy team). Whatever, anyway.

I took Jinx because I've been meaning to main her my alternative to Tristana (since Trist is not that great in terms of matchups), and my friend went Soraka with me. We were versus Lee Sin/Gankplank (both with Targon's) and it was so annoying. ._.

I played it cool, died when I had to (Gankplank's venom shit does so much at the early levels and that double ignite...) and just played safe when I had to and farmed what I could. My ult got me like 2 or 3 kills which put me back into the game.

They were a Plat-something Volibear, Gold Garen, and a level 10 Nasus, along with GP and Lee, so their team was really kitable which helped us a lot, along with our really fed Yasuo and very good ults by our Kennen. I was just a damage over time basically! Yay teamwork!

Anyway, I hate these sort of games, I am not skilled enough on ADC to deal with it ._. At least we won, but damn it felt like pulling teeth.

zkylon

zkylewd
As an inexperienced ADC, how do you deal with cheese lanes? Yesterday a friend of mine signed up and he wanted to play, so it was a 4v5 basically if you guys get the notion. My other friends didn't want to log on our lower level accounts because "he would learn more" (I don't agree, because when they did that to me when I leveled, I still didn't know wtf I was doing well or wrong, or what to expect from the enemy team). Whatever, anyway.

I took Jinx because I've been meaning to main her my alternative to Tristana (since Trist is not that great in terms of matchups), and my friend went Soraka with me. We were versus Lee Sin/Gankplank (both with Targon's) and it was so annoying. ._.

I played it cool, died when I had to (Gankplank's venom shit does so much at the early levels and that double ignite...) and just played safe when I had to and farmed what I could. My ult got me like 2 or 3 kills which put me back into the game.

They were a Plat-something Volibear, Gold Garen, and a level 10 Nasus, along with GP and Lee, so their team was really kitable which helped us a lot, along with our really fed Yasuo and very good ults by our Kennen. I was just a damage over time basically! Yay teamwork!

Anyway, I hate these sort of games, I am not skilled enough on ADC to deal with it ._. At least we won, but damn it felt like pulling teeth.
i'm guessing pull and freeze. just focus on not dying and scaling and let your support know you're just gonna farm. if you go even in lane you win, so all the pressure is on them to do something, which they'll fuck up cos you froze the lane and would have to dive you to kill you or overextend to farm

that's my guess at least

cheese lanes are annoying as fuck

200RP is approximately USD4.50. I dunno the conversion for RP-USD.

And yeah, Garena.
ah, that's pretty nice. so basically everything is about 50% off.

here in argieland it's pretty nice too, like the 10 usd equivalent costs 7 even tho it's a bit less rp and like the higher prices are discounted pretty nice.

it's kinda still shit because of argie tax (basically everything you buy on the internet is 35% more expensive) but def a step up from na prices

d[-_-]b

Banned
Well I did brosefs, made it to Gold III, for some reason unknown to me, I was doing my promos to Gold IV from Gold V, and was placed into Gold III, so i'm not one to complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom