• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nev

Banned
Everybody complains about how sexualized the female champions in this game are, and everytime a new splash comes out where the face of one of them is slightly different than the generic supermodel perfect animu face they are swift to say that they look like trans, they're ugly, they're orcs and that kind of bullshit followed by a shitty photoshop that brings them back to the expected generic perfect face/body they can jack off to.

First championship Shyvana, then Janna and now Katarina. These 15yo horny rat-kids are why we can't have good things.

attachment.php
Miserable and disgusting.

Jeff-DSA

Deep down, Katarina will always be my favorite champ.

I took a day off of League yesterday and my life already feels so much richer for it. So I'm probably going to play tonight.

Blizzard

Banned
Everybody complains about how sexualized the female champions in this game are, and everytime a new splash comes out where the face of one of them is slightly different than the generic supermodel perfect animu face they are swift to say that they look like trans, they're ugly, they're orcs and that kind of bullshit followed by a shitty photoshop that brings them back to the expected generic perfect face/body they can jack off to.

First championship Shyvana, then Janna and now Katarina. These 15yo horny rat-kids are why we can't have good things.

...rat-kids? I thought I had heard a lot of insults but that's a new one on me.

Two of my complaints didn't have anything to do with Katarina's face. For her face specifically, I might be fine with a face you'd expect from a fighter in the heat of battle or something.

Riot did NOT do that, though. They left a point-blank, melee assassin with only a bra, basically. The angle of her face is weird since because of the Sonic pose (or, she looks like she's doing the Charger move from Left 4 Dead 2), you can't really tell what it would look like normally anyway. Even more than that, her lips look like they're super full, oddly pouty, and colored with lipstick. Her entire face seems to be glossy and flawless (more makeup?) besides the one trademark scar. Who puts on a ton of makeup for a battle? :p

It looks like they have still left in random sex appeal to me. I just don't think it looks great for the variety of reasons mentioned.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

I generally agree with the sentiment of oversexualized art but the Janna one is a bad example. Decent looking splash turns into 60 year old, grey haired old woman. Looks like a different person in the same costume.

Blizzard

Banned
I generally agree with the sentiment of oversexualized art but the Janna one is a bad example. Decent looking splash turns into 60 year old, grey haired old woman.
It's also got the weird construction warning light underwear going on, and now shows the crotch instead of covering it.

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
Realizing that Rek'Sai is without any shadow of doubt the hottest female in the game and that there's no way the rest of the girls could compete with that sturdy yet flexible multilimbed body, Rito artists have begun to experiment with fun perspectives instead for splash arts. Good for them!

iunderstoodthatreference.jpg

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
...rat-kids? I thought I had heard a lot of insults but that's a new one on me.

Two of my complaints didn't have anything to do with Katarina's face. For her face specifically, I might be fine with a face you'd expect from a fighter in the heat of battle or something.

Riot did NOT do that, though. They left a point-blank, melee assassin with only a bra, basically. The angle of her face is weird since because of the Sonic pose (or, she looks like she's doing the Charger move from Left 4 Dead 2), you can't really tell what it would look like normally anyway. Even more than that, her lips look like they're super full, oddly pouty, and colored with lipstick. Her entire face seems to be glossy and flawless (more makeup?) besides the one trademark scar. Who puts on a ton of makeup for a battle? :p

It looks like they have still left in random sex appeal to me. I just don't think it looks great for the variety of reasons mentioned.
idk why you are complaining about katarina's base design. it's not going to change for this new splash. most of what you're whining about was solidified in the last cg trailer released.

the updated janna splash is one of the best in the game. complaining about it as an act even more deplorable than actually picking janna.

Blizzard

Banned
idk why you are complaining about katarina's base design. it's not going to change for this new splash. most of what you're whining about was solidified in the last cg trailer released.
I wasn't complaining about Katarina's base design. I was replying to Nev's point about theoretical people masturbating to Katarina's splash art. My point is that it is still designed to have sex appeal, so implying that Riot has removed that or addressed it in some healthy fashion, thus causing a backlash, seems a little misguided in my opinion.

dimb said:
the updated janna splash is one of the best in the game. complaining about it as an act even more deplorable than actually picking janna.
Precisely why do you feel it is one of the best in the game, despite the gold lights, the exposed groin, and so forth?

Sofo

My gripe with that Katarina splash art is that it looks "old". Not that she looks old, but the art looks like from when League started or something.

Idk, I think we've been getting really nice and crisp splash arts lately and this one just feels like it could be a login screen but not really splash art material?

Just my opinion though. I feel Janna looks better (overally, more interesting splash art too visually speaking, it makes your eyes travel a lot more than just the dull old splash art she had).

I find League to be stressful but at the same time, that's the appeal to it. Like when I have one of those "easy stomp" games, it's not as fun ?_? idk, might be my masochist nature lol.

I kind of agree. A 20-minute stomp isn't really fun no matter which side you're on (though I do prefer a win). But a 45-minute game with teamfights, picks, dragon steals, legendary streaks, split pushes, and everything is much more satisfying if you win (and equally as devastating if you lose).

That's why I usually leave some time after a game for a quick bot/ARAM game if I lose.

Sofo

I kind of agree. A 20-minute stomp isn't really fun no matter which side you're on (though I do prefer a win). But a 45-minute game with teamfights, picks, dragon steals, legendary streaks, split pushes, and everything is much more satisfying if you win (and equally as devastating if you lose).

That's why I usually leave some time after a game for a quick bot/ARAM game if I lose.

Oh that's not a bad idea! I never thought of it this way haha. :)

23qwerty

Complaints about splash art (outside of personal preference) just show that a lot of people don't really know much about art.

Yeah pretty much every new splash has been fantastic and way better than the previous version. Technically the new Kat splash is way better obviously, but it's just such a weird perspective and way different than any other splash. Doesn't make much sense to me.

zkylon

zkylewd
i'm a big fan of new janna, she looks awesome

what the fuck is this post lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom