• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
The face doesn't even look bad, she just doesn't look like Katarina

yeah, that's kinda it more than anything

kat's face been on everywhere, from trailers to promo material to dozens of skins, including one released this very week, in which she has a pretty different-looking face

zkylon

zkylewd
New Janna does not look like janna either.
that's true

i think the difference is that janna's new look makes her more distinctive, more fitting to her character and is generally better looking

new katarina doesn't really change much, it just looks like kat from a bad angle or something

I don't know. Kat's new splash looks pretty close to her recent CG appearance.

league_of_legends___a_new_dawn___katarina_by_eryera-d7rx9t7.jpg

It's just a different angle/rendering style compared to the previous art.

Nev

Banned
The face doesn't even look bad, she just doesn't look like Katarina

And how exactly does Katarina look like? Exactly the same as Miss Fortune, Fiora, Zyra, Ahri, Ironscale Shyvana, Morgana, Leblanc, Elise and basically every other female champion? I mean Foxfire Ahri and Frostblade Irelia are literally the same person. Wow such personality, bring her unique face back Riot!

Please. The only one who looks distinct and interesting is the new Janna, and look how that turned out with the shitty kid community. I don't blame Riot tho since they need to please that core community who needs every woman champion to be easy and fast to masturbate during the loading screen. This new Katarina seemed like a step in the right direction again but it will probably get shut down considering the first comment in surr@20 features an "improved" version of the splash with the mandatory perfect body and perfect round face.

Like the skin they just released, for starters.

Her chin is pointy, her nose is not that thin, her lips are not that full. It's not rocket science. New Janna was good because old Janna was basically a big bunch of nothing and she still needs an updated model, plus making her look scandinavian looked really good, but Kat's face has always been pretty distinct and iconic, and has been drawn in the same consistent way in pretty much every piece of official art and her in-game model.

Sofo

It's not like the community gave Katarina impossible mesurements, it was Riot. That waist is impossible no matter how you look at it. I don't think we should take it so seriously. I just demand some man-candy on the side. Can't all be about Graves, you feel me?

I for one I'm glad Kalista didn't turn out to be a League Barbie, she's cool and fierce, and she need no- wait, she needs her oathsworn.

Damn Riot, what's this, a womyn can't be farming her own lane without a symbol of the patriarchy oppressing her and keeping her on check with wards?

I'm triggered!

/s

zkylon

zkylewd
Like the skin they just released, for starters.

Her chin is pointy, her nose is not that thin, her lips are not that full. It's not rocket science. New Janna was good because old Janna was basically a big bunch of nothing and she still needs an updated model, plus making her look scandinavian looked really good, but Kat's face has always been pretty distinct and iconic, and has been drawn in the same consistent way in pretty much every piece of official art and her in-game model.

no, fuck you, i see you masturbating while you write that

It's not like the community gave Katarina impossible mesurements, it was Riot. That waist is impossible no matter how you look at it. I don't think we should take it so seriously. I just demand some man-candy on the side. Can't all be about Graves, you feel me?

I for one I'm glad Kalista didn't turn out to be a League Barbie, she's cool and fierce, and she need no- wait, she needs her oathsworn.

Damn Riot, what's this, a womyn can't be farming her own lane without a symbol of the patriarchy oppressing her and keeping her on check with wards?

I'm triggered!

/s
i think varus is pretty hawt

GP's old chest hair looked like it was rising from his crotch.

There's a "release the Kraken" joke to be made but I shall keep things classy and PG

zkylon

zkylewd
more 5.4 stuff

they're gonna buff syndra's stun again

prolly attack speed nerfs for kaly coming soon, but no e against monsters cap cos rito likes that aspect of her

veigar changes:
q is now a line skillshot that can hit two people like lux binding (tho no reduced damage). higher range, higher cd. apparently the double hit will result in more ap gained from q
w has lower mana cost, lower cd
e is not instant anymore. better range, better cd, better mana cost to compensate
ult has less ratio, lower cd and mana cost

i think veigar may turn out to be pretty cool

GP's old chest hair looked like it was rising from his crotch.

There's a "release the Kraken" joke to be made but I shall keep things classy and PG
yeah, gp is kind of gross lol

there's obviously a higher variety of looks for males than females, specially in body types and degrees of prettiness for sure

i'm all for more variety which is why it's cool kaly looks different, jinx looks different, reksai is a monster, etc.

i just don't think this kat is really doing anything other than not looking very much like kat and very much nice at all

i don't really care for katarina but it's just not a great looking face

I'm really looking forward to the Kalista attack speed nerf thing because that will make her easier to control.

Also at this point just completely reset the nerf to Syndra's stun and call it a day lol

zkylon

zkylewd
now that i think about it, i like the kaly nerf they're talking about

kaly should be a more support oriented champion, and her ghosts and her crazy baron burst damage and her ult are all really cool, unique strengths for her to have

the jumps are really strong as they are, so probably can take the hit in order for her to keep some of the other unique things about her

Had some fun playing a few Treeline games today trying out some junglers on the map I haven't tried before.

Rek'Sai: breaks 3v3. Her mobility is absurd. You can get over all the thick walls with her E making crazy gank paths, even more insane than on SR. Also the tremor vision is huge for invades.

Master Yi: pretty weak early but Chilling Smite on that map makes him really strong when he gets a few items.

Olaf: sort of has the same problems as he does on SR. There are more corridors for him to run a train through, but he was only ok.

Nidalee: lots of fun. Haven't played her on SR so can't make a comparison but she feels decent.

Overall still not super happy with the Treeline jungle. The recent nerf to jungle items really sucks. Usually you could start with your jungle item on Treeline but you can't anymore, meaning you pretty much have to only buy machete, do one camp then back after to get the item which is really awkward.

Seems like ADC and support is still the best metagame for Treeline right now. Jungle is in a rough spot honestly. I think they went too hard with the nerfs.

Jeff-DSA

Ok, every time I mention LeBlanc, you guys say that she's not that bad. What am I missing that makes her less than extremely awful to deal with? Her burst at level 2 is already enough to drop you to half health, and it's impossible to react to it since it's instantaneous. What are you guys doing that actually deals with LeBlanc in lane? You can't even gank her because she's insanely mobile and slippery.

I do not understand why possibly the most bursty champ in the game has to have the highest gap close and escape ability.

You don't deal with LeBlanc in lane. Quite the opposite in fact, you turn the lane into a stalemate. She's a slow farmer so as long as you don't feed her kills or let her roam you're winning.

That is, unless you're someone that can just murder her before she murders you and you just go ham on her.

Jeff-DSA

You don't deal with LeBlanc in lane. Quite the opposite in fact, you turn the lane into a stalemate. She's a slow farmer so as long as you don't feed her kills or let her roam you're winning.

That is, unless you're someone that can just murder her before she murders you and you just go ham on her.

Ok, I'll bite. Who can murder her? She just jumps away if you go after her. Otherwise, she just bounces on top of you, chunks you for 50% of your health, and bounces back to behind her own minions all in a blink. Even building MR, it seems that her damage scales up faster than your defense can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom