• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
ahri right now still feels strong but i don't like certain matchups for her, so i guess i'm gonna default to lizzy as my blind pick. i still don't like blindpicking lizzy cos someone like xerath can really fuck you up, but xerath is really unpopular so it's not too bad

syndra right now feels pretty much worthless, and the meta isn't loving ori too much either although she's still pretty safe. she just feels so mana gated right now that it's not as much fun to play her as it was in previous seasons

also played an azir game and he still feels decent, tho the soldier range nerf is super rough

man my champion pool keeps taking a beating, i feel like a jungle main

Blizzard

Banned
ahri right now still feels strong but i don't like certain matchups for her, so i guess i'm gonna default to lizzy as my blind pick. i still don't like blindpicking lizzy cos someone like xerath can really fuck you up, but xerath is really unpopular so it's not too bad

syndra right now feels pretty much worthless, and the meta isn't loving ori too much either although she's still pretty safe. she just feels so mana gated right now that it's not as much fun to play her as it was in previous seasons

also played an azir game and he still feels decent, tho the soldier range nerf is super rough

man my champion pool keeps taking a beating, i feel like a jungle main
As long as you don't play Lissandra support. I just played ADC with a Lissandra support who, if I recall correctly, died 7 times in the game's first 12 minutes.

zkylon

zkylewd
As long as you don't play Lissandra support. I just played ADC with a Lissandra support who, if I recall correctly, died 7 times in the game's first 12 minutes.
nope, mostly mid and sometimes top

she's my most effective champion by far, i'm 20-3 on ranked in all three seasons combined. it's a super small sample across many seasons and metas, but u know, it's a pretty nice number.

and no i wouldn't play her support as i don't really believe in mage supports. except maybe annie

DeadNames

Banned

she's my most effective champion by far, i'm 20-3 on ranked in all three seasons combined. it's a super small sample across many seasons and metas, but u know, it's a pretty nice number.

and no i wouldn't play her support as i don't really believe in mage supports. except maybe annie

Zyra??

Sofo

I didn't think that worked for me -- does that show the "how many dragons each team has" overlay for you?

It doesn't, but if you click on every person, they have a buff with the Dragon buff, and that also states how many Dragons they have.

Also, yesterday I left a game with 4797 IPs... I've been meaning to buy Caitlyn so it was a kinda "boh" feeling to just have to wait until the next day lol.

hah thats what you think

and then all of a sudden 1 season later you have a 11% win rate.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Played one game of nemesis draft, won. Some fool gave us Zyra lol. And now to never play that mode ever again.

Sofo

Played one game of nemesis draft, won. Some fool gave us Zyra lol. And now to never play that mode ever again.

Play what? You mean people play League? Hah! That's a good one.

j/k but it is true that sometimes I just want to buy skins for champions I never play ._. why is that?

zkylon

zkylewd
hah thats what you think

and then all of a sudden 1 season later you have a 11% win rate.

yea i don't think it means much, mostly that i know which matchups to pick her into i guess

it's actually pretty hard to give people bad champions cos there's really not that many seriously bad champions (specially when it's gonna be bad vs bad) and even then if it's like the urgots then no one actually has them

i was thinking my strategy should be to give enemy team zed, vayne and yasuo and bank it all on the combined power of their throwing abilities

Blizzard

Banned
I lost a bunch of ranked games tonight as usual, but the last game was a victory and it was rather satisfying so I will tell you all the story.

I wasn't allowed to ADC, so I decided to Tryndamere jungle instead. Probably a bad idea, but might as well try. We had Fiora top vs. Riven, and Fiora was understandably concerned about getting destroyed. I figured that Riven wouldn't expect a level 2 gank top, so I went through baron, took the red buff (I was lucky the enemy Rengar didn't start the golem things at the top), and headed top lane.

Unfortunately, our Fiora had gotten low health already, and died just about when I got to lane. Riven dodged in a bush and maybe flashed and I didn't even kill her. I probably hurt the tower though. That plan having failed, I maybe got another level, and just kept going top. Even if it didn't work out. After two or three times, Riven said something like "tryn get off my nuts" in allchat, which was inspirational, so I kept pressuring top. Mid and bot lanes promptly started asking for ganks and complaining, so I promptly muted them.

Fiora might have died another time while I wasn't there, but I would clear the minions afterwards. The result was, we didn't lose our tower, and we took Riven's tower maybe by 12 minutes. THEN I unmuted mid and bot lanes, and started focusing on the rest of the map. Apparently by that point, Riven had been raging in allchat, at least one of Riven's teammates started raging at Riven (not sure when), our bot lane duo was actually decent (they were probably playing in the same room because they disconnected together once), our mid lane was fed, and my team started regularly taking dragons and turrets.

Fiora even caught up eventually with the extra breathing room, and might have beaten Riven 1v1 a time or two later on. I think we double-aced a scattered 3v5 battle after both bot lane people disconnected, but they came back and we won the game.

After the game, I got 2 teamwork and 2 friend requests. The Fiora wanted to thank me for saving them, and the mid laner wanted to psychoanalyze me regarding how I knew to stay top, did I sense weakness, and how old I was. I mentioned that Riven's tend to be raging players so the gamble paid off.

The psychoanalysis was a bit weird, and maybe I should feel bad for focusing a lane and having enemy rage work for me, but it felt like overall, it was a pretty successful game.

^ That sounds like a very satisfying victory. Riven gonna Riven.

I played jungle Ahri.

It was fun, but we lost after 39 minutes. Our support went afk for 13 minutes, and we were winning. =/

Tizoc

I lost a bunch of ranked games tonight as usual, but the last game was a victory and it was rather satisfying so I will tell you all the story.

I wasn't allowed to ADC, so I decided to Tryndamere jungle instead. Probably a bad idea, but might as well try. We had Fiora top vs. Riven, and Fiora was understandably concerned about getting destroyed. I figured that Riven wouldn't expect a level 2 gank top, so I went through baron, took the red buff (I was lucky the enemy Rengar didn't start the golem things at the top), and headed top lane.

Unfortunately, our Fiora had gotten low health already, and died just about when I got to lane. Riven dodged in a bush and maybe flashed and I didn't even kill her. I probably hurt the tower though. That plan having failed, I maybe got another level, and just kept going top. Even if it didn't work out. After two or three times, Riven said something like "tryn get off my nuts" in allchat, which was inspirational, so I kept pressuring top. Mid and bot lanes promptly started asking for ganks and complaining, so I promptly muted them.

Fiora might have died another time while I wasn't there, but I would clear the minions afterwards. The result was, we didn't lose our tower, and we took Riven's tower maybe by 12 minutes. THEN I unmuted mid and bot lanes, and started focusing on the rest of the map. Apparently by that point, Riven had been raging in allchat, at least one of Riven's teammates started raging at Riven (not sure when), our bot lane duo was actually decent (they were probably playing in the same room because they disconnected together once), our mid lane was fed, and my team started regularly taking dragons and turrets.

Fiora even caught up eventually with the extra breathing room, and might have beaten Riven 1v1 a time or two later on. I think we double-aced a scattered 3v5 battle after both bot lane people disconnected, but they came back and we won the game.

After the game, I got 2 teamwork and 2 friend requests. The Fiora wanted to thank me for saving them, and the mid laner wanted to psychoanalyze me regarding how I knew to stay top, did I sense weakness, and how old I was. I mentioned that Riven's tend to be raging players so the gamble paid off.

The psychoanalysis was a bit weird, and maybe I should feel bad for focusing a lane and having enemy rage work for me, but it felt like overall, it was a pretty successful game.

Funny you say that about Rivens; I lost a game recently cuz my net failed. I was top Malph and had good ganks from our Jungle Udyr whereupon I got like 2 kills on Riven.

The Riven was really pissed by mid match when we managed to take their mid. Sadly due to my disconnect the game ended at a loss =(

Nekofrog

Banned
11001527_10152766326165674_318228086_o.jpg

looks like ap fizz is dead

bidguy

Banned
so does the protection from dropping kick in when climbing a division or only from climbing tiers ?

just got into silver 1 and wanna know if that 10 game protection counts for divisions

so does the protection from dropping kick in when climbing a division or only from climbing tiers ?

just got into silver 1 and wanna know if that 10 game protection counts for divisions

If I understand you properly, it only kicks in at the lowest tier (V) if you go up or down (AFAIK). If you've just moved into SI and lose the next 5 games - let alone 10 - it's likely you'll drop back to S2.

I thought On-Hit Fizz was always pretty good on paper. Especially since his % Missing Health Damage is instant now. You don't even need to build any AP since it has no scaling.

Wow, I completely forgot about Distortion's other extra effects.

Flash: Gain 30% movement speed for 1 second after use.
Ghost: movement speed bonus increased to 40% from 28%.
Teleport: Gain 30% movement speed for 3 seconds after use.

zkylon

zkylewd
I suspect your statement contains assumptions which are not always true in Silver V with these two particular players. :p
i'm guessing in s5 and probably all the way up to diamond pretty much everything goes

you can have like an unfavorable matchup, somewhat, but it's never gonna be punished hard enough imo.

i mean i've lost lanes on champion select alone but that's more on me not knowing how to play losing matchups right than the lane actually being that overbearing

Wow, I completely forgot about Distortion's other extra effects.
oh wow yeah

feels like the boots would be much better if they were like 250g and no extra effects, but i imagine at that point they might become mandatory

mcz117chief

Another "good" Nemesis game. It started as usual, I told my team "just give them ADCs" to which they all replied, as usual, "lol noob ? Wtf, bronze tard." Luckily I was the captain so after I picked Caitlin and told me that giving them anything besides ADCs now will make us lose they grudgingly accepted and gave them the ADCs I listed. But, little did I know that my team mates were the lowest of the low so this "easiest match up of all times" turned into a gruelling 50 minutes match, ugh. I am glad we won in the end because if a foolproof plan like that wouldn't work then I don't know what would.

p.s. that Evelynn :/

nGNSFSb.png

zkylon

zkylewd
on the "riven gonna riven", actually my ranked loss yesterday we had a riven that picked her into jax, took ignite against his tp, got ganked once (OMG HOW DID JUNGLER KNEW I WAS GONNA GO AGGRESSIVE), and spent all game hiding in the jungle leaving jax to freefarm. went in like a weird farming trance in which she'd go to a lane, push it, then do the jungle, etc.

kinda hard to play if one of your teammates is starving your own jungler but then just essentially afk'ing with that money. was pretty bummed cos we were winning most 4v4s and had good map control, had taken all the dragons, etc., but eventually jax showed up and 4v5s against a super farmed jax don't end well

riven gonna riven and people can be super childish. i wonder how could rito fix that. like this riven (like all rivens) picked her champion to "solo carry", she doesn't want to play as a team, she just wants to get fed and 1v5. that's just a fantasy i wish rito stopped supporting, it makes the game less interesting, and it's specially sad because it works. next game we had a vayne that wouldn't come kill dragon, wouldn't stop farming to fight 4v4s, etc. and yet, she just goes and gets 15 kills, even when playing really poorly, and she's the one getting the "gg vayne"s.

really wish rito took active steps to fixing league's "attitude problem"

V_Arnold

Why don't people get red enchantment more often?

Furor? It is a tactical enchantnent in a strategic game, so they say. Great in fights, worse than homeguard in gettting to the fights. If you are leading, the latter helps you get to places faster. if you are behind, it is questionable whether the furor helps.

That said, I still like it on Jinx. She needs every movement aid she can get, and then some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom