• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
They needed to nerf Jarvan's early game CDs or base damages.

These changes won't really affect players who know how to play assassin jarvan. Pretty dumb change imo.
yup

i love his reasoning for putting namei instead of uzi being "you guys are naive, namei's the best"

you know when uzi is the only player in the world to play two world finals and widely hailed as one of the best adcs of all times

garath

Jungler get no respect I tell ya lol.

Had a great sejuni game. Every lane was getting smashed (top picked aatrox into teemo) so I just focused on bot lane and turned it around for them. Had a dozen assists with almost all of them kills for graves by 25 min. Team fight like a boss, secure all the dragons after the first (including a steal), get oracles and keep teemo shrooms cleared, etc. Real nice ults and kept my presence around graves to keep him alive.

Great all around game. End chat is everyone thanking graves for the carry. Lol.

Blizzard

Banned
Oh wow they're butchering Kassadin in the latest patch
I was thinking with J4 changed, I'd really like to see Kassadin hit. It would be nice if they go through with that. Of all the annoying champions to play against, Kassadin using riftwalk to repeatedly warp so far away may be my most hated.

Unless it's one of those weird center- to edge-targeting or vice versa changes...

I was thinking with J4 changed, I'd really like to see Kassadin hit. It would be nice if they go through with that. Of all the annoying champions to play against, Kassadin using riftwalk to repeatedly warp so far away may be my most hated.

Unless it's one of those weird center- to edge-targeting or vice versa changes...

What? no! Kassadin and Jarvan are literally the only champions that are holding back the meta. Kass forces none-AP picks in middle, and J4 is J4.

If they go through with it....then it's all ogre for the meta.

Blizzard

Banned
What? no! Kassadin and Jarvan are literally the only champions that are holding back the meta. Kass forces none-AP picks in middle, and J4 is J4.

If they go through with it....then it's all ogre for the meta.
I live in silver V where J4 is always banned and Kassadin is sometimes banned. I think I'll live. :p

Yea J4 is banned all thru Silver. I've haven't seen Kass banned that often in my games at least.

Kass is one of those champions where a good kass will wreck your shit inside out and will leave you guessing at what you are if you know how to play him.

If you don't know how to play him...you get people ulting into a fight and then dying in 3 seconds.

Newt

Guess which mode this is?
2ccd93bb0c4541bdbb1c56c96687b8af.png

Kass is one of those champions where a good kass will wreck your shit inside out and will leave you guessing at what you are if you know how to play him.

If you don't know how to play him...you get people ulting into a fight and then dying in 3 seconds.
you press req zhonyas

thats not hard

DeadNames

Banned
mandrake ward costs 50g and counts as one of your green wards

such a weird item

Does it give vision or what? I'm kinda confused about it.

Lol so my first normal of the night (and in a long time) I decide to pick Diana. Well, the dude I'm going against is a plat 1 Diana main. FML.

zkylon

zkylewd
Does it give vision or what? I'm kinda confused about it.

Lol so my first normal of the night (and in a long time) I decide to pick Diana. Well, the dude I'm going against is a plat 1 Diana main. FML.
can't tell how it works cos it crashed as soon as i used it but description says it pings whenever an enemy champion, visible or not, is nearby. i'm guessing it doesn't give any vision, it just does that.

seems like an item made to counter rengar, eve, etc.

TheFatOne

So when are people going to stop being complete assholes in this game? I can't force myself to level to 30 to start playing ranked since every game I play people are trolling. The community is seriously so fucking garbage for this game. Then, from what I hear there's an even greater hell coming up once ranked starts. Wish the community wasn't so fucking terrible so I could just play a few normal games. Been basically stuck playing aram since most of the time people aren't complete assholes there.

Blizzard

Banned
So when are people going to stop being complete assholes in this game? I can't force myself to level to 30 to start playing ranked since every game I play people are trolling. The community is seriously so fucking garbage for this game. Then, from what I hear there's an even greater hell coming up once ranked starts. Wish the community wasn't so fucking terrible so I could just play a few normal games. Been basically stuck playing aram since most of the time people aren't complete assholes there.
People are occasionally decent in bot games and ARAM. Or even in my ranked games but that can be rarer. Otherwise you may want to use the mute button on the scoreboard a lot. Sometimes you also have to accept that for whatever reason, someone has decided to try to ruin 20-40 minutes of your life. If the fun-to-occasional-ruined game ratio is high enough, playing may be worth it. If not, then there you go. :p

Einbroch

Banned

I instantly mute every person on both sides.

It makes the game much more enjoyable.

So when are people going to stop being complete assholes in this game? I can't force myself to level to 30 to start playing ranked since every game I play people are trolling. The community is seriously so fucking garbage for this game.
compared to what?

DOTA "CYKA BLAT" 2? Call of "I Fucked your Mom?" Counter Strike: "Get Cancer?"

zkylon

zkylewd
I instantly mute every person on both sides.

It makes the game much more enjoyable.
i really wish you could auto set this

it is not possible to develop any sort of human relationship through league of legends games so might as well just make a second ping system for the whole "warded", "let's drag" stuff and stop pretending that people actually communicate in this game

DeadNames

Banned
Getting real tired of Graves every game. Such a stupid champ. Why does his E reset on AAs? So lame. Between that, flash and heal he's almost impossible to touch.

Blizzard

Banned
i really wish you could auto set this

it is not possible to develop any sort of human relationship through league of legends games so might as well just make a second ping system for the whole "warded", "let's drag" stuff and stop pretending that people actually communicate in this game
TF2 has voicechat, but it also has a bunch of voicechat binds. Older games had them too, like Enemy Territory: Return to Castle Wolfenstein. "We need an engineer!" "I'm a engineer!" "We need a soldat!"

And today I learned Russian obscenities. Something new every day.

Talents

Banned
Getting real tired of Graves every game. Such a stupid champ. Why does his E reset on AAs? So lame. Between that, flash and heal he's almost impossible to touch.

I honestly don't like Graves. Yeah he's strong early/mid but once he gets to late game he always seems so bad to me. I'll stick with my Lucian/Corki/Jinx.

zkylon

zkylewd
lizzy and syndra skins get!

really nice sale

TF2 has voicechat, but it also has a bunch of voicechat binds. Older games had them too, like Enemy Territory: Return to Castle Wolfenstein. "We need an engineer!" "I'm a engineer!" "We need a soldat!"

And today I learned Russian obscenities. Something new every day.
knowing what the community can be without voice chat, these really aren't people i'm interesting in having any sort of communication with

Blizzard

Banned
People in my ranked team just surrendered at 21 minutes, 4-1 vote. They did this against an all-AD team (master yi, tryndamere, ashe, zed). They did this, if I'm not mistaken, without losing a single inhibitor tower. Just 2 bot towers gone, maybe 1 mid tower gone.

My only guess is that since we had a Nidalee support with no exhaust (I took exhaust to try to balance it), maybe the Nidalee was trolling in chat.

Against the 4 AD players, only 2 of our team had a single armor item. Then again, since as top laner I did more than twice the damage to champions of anyone else on the team, maybe it's for the best they quit early. Just really weird to see people give up so quick. I had just killed the turret in top lane too.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism

I've just been playing in team builder while leveling my account. The people there have been a lot nicer in my experience, and I make a point of friending the ones that I get along with well in-match, so we can make groups later. It's been really good for normal matches, since it REALLY helps weed out the more unpleasant elements of the community. Major downside is that since all of the characters are pre-picked when entering, you may get hit with weird team comps (which you can dodge, or boot if your team captain), or you may get some less than ideal champ matchups when another team is found for you to go up against.

Granted, if you choose to do ranked, it'll be back to the ol' draft pick, and hordes of trolls, but for normals it's kinda nice, I find.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Yasuo players are just the worst. Right up there with ADC Ezreals. They always AFK, rage, or let you down in every way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom