• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

After seeing my friend lose a match where they had a bad bad Sona that never built Sighstone and AFKed after feeding, I decided to restore order to the universe and went support Sona
SGQYNBL.jpg

http://matchhistory.eune.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/EUN1/1104801399/205390904/eog
Holy heck did we steamroll in this match! Me and graves wasted Teemo and Sivir poor saps were lvl. 4 while we were Lvl. 6 or higher after a few mins.

My 2 deaths were due to stupid decisions on my end but I got like 5 kills before I died the first time. From then on we just kept dominating.
I like how everyone on the enemy team just freakin' fed lol.

So what's the deal with AD fizz? is it overwhelmingly the way to go now? Had one in one my of games earlier, the guy playing it was kind of a doof so I didn't get a great idea of how it was.

Tizoc

why did you build an athenes instead of just upgrading your gold generation item.

Eh I've stopped upgrading Spellthief, and sell it by mid game for another AP item, in much of my games.
In the case of this game we were steamrolling so I said fuck it and got Athene's.

Which reminds me. This one time me and Graves cornered Sivir, I didn't want to get the kill but Graves just kept taunting the poor ADC while we chased them. Af ter a few seconds' chase Graves got the kill.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Just had a Blue Ez go 0-12 and the nami go 1-13. Don't know how to carry a game like that. Luckily it was Teambuilder.

I immediately dodge if I have to support an Ezreal, no questions about it.

Blizzard

Banned
I don't think the new AP item will work in Teemo's E. Liandry, Rylai and Spellvamp don't work off it either.
I think someone already posted that it didn't, listing a bunch of champion interactions.

edwardo has keith

you lose
If only I'd kept Keith on my backup roster I would have been saved.

Today's educational notes from my bronze/silver games:
1. I -thought- I learned that Sivir can spellshield the second part of Morgana ult, since somehow I wasn't stunned. This was apparently incorrect according to the internet, so I must have spellshielded the initial cast?
2. I learned that despite the tooltip not mentioning anything about it, practically anything (movement, spellcasting) will interrupt your own Malzahar ult. I thought they might queue until after it finished or something. :(

zkylon

zkylewd
kat looks a lot better on pbe

AOJqmS3.gif

Thanks a ton zkylon, i really do appreciate it. Ziggs is still my fav even after all the nerfs (except Karma but there is no Karma poro :X )

edit: Man that new item soulds really, realllllllly good on Ziggs. And a lot of other champs. I hope when it's nerf it not overnerfed.
np

also imo ziggs is still good, except his skill floor is a bit higher now so he's not so easy to play. i think he doesn't see much play cos xerath is just better at everything, but he's not weak imo

I don't think the new AP item will work in Teemo's E. Liandry, Rylai and Spellvamp don't work off it either.
my biggest question is how it interacts with dot for gaining stacks. like how does it work with anivia ult?

imma try it now, actually :p

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I seriously cannot wait for the latest Katarina nerf to go through. When you use a WW ult and exhaust a champion should be not able pull the shit she does. Once she gets a Zhonya's it becomes incredibly tedious to stop a Kat with a competent team.

Blizzard

Banned
I seriously cannot wait for the latest Katarina nerf to go through. When you use a WW ult and exhaust a champion should be not able pull the shit she does. Once she gets a Zhonya's it becomes incredibly tedious to stop a Kat with a competent team.
I feel the same way about Kassadin and LeBlanc with their mobility. :( Ahri to a lesser extent.

Pancakes

I feel the same way about Kassadin and LeBlanc with their mobility. :( Ahri to a lesser extent.

A fed LeBlanc is obnoxious yes, Kassadin has crazy mana costs to his skills. Ahri can be dealt with more easily after her nerfs and relies on skill shots instead of point and click after enemy team uses CC or is low.

zkylon

zkylewd
tried the magikk shiv a bit of ori

at 868 ap, it was dealing 100(+130) and it was up like every fucking time. every spell adds 20 stacks with no cooldown, so it's not hard to get it up to 100 again very shortly after it does its thing. there's no vfx and the stack counter is on the left side of the buffs so it's really hard to tell if it makes that much of a difference, but while the scaling is obviously pretty poor, it's up so often that it sounds pretty insane, specially cos it's 100 damage from the start. i had sorc shoes, morellos, deathcap, zhonyas, void staff and the item, plus blue elixir and 6% from dragon.

what's crazy is the movement speed. with boots 2, i had 398 ms and went to like 470 or something with my w, it was insane.

also i got to actually sit and compare morellos to athenes regen and athenes just doesn't make any sense anymore.

morellos was 8 at all times, while athenes was 10 when i was at like <10% mana, and it went as low as 6 when i had more than 90%. i don't know why they even bother giving it that passive, might as well call it a flat 100% base regen and stop making people fall into the trap of thinking athenes actually regens you faster

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Are many supports or ADC here bothering to do the whole start on gromp / golems for xp advantage? Not sure if it's something I want to try myself unless I'm playing with friends on Skype, as I can see it going terribly in a random. Has anyone found it worth it to go that route, or does it gobble up too much HP before heading into lane?

Sofo

how do i build ad fizz?

I've seen like BotRK, Triforce, Wit's End along with a Frozen Heart and if jungling, the red smite if jungling.

It's more like on-hit build than AD iirc, but since I'm not familiar with that build idk what else I'd add afterwards. Probably something tanky like Banshee's to be able to stick on the victim for longer?

Nekofrog

Banned
like EVERYTHING on that item speaks to Viktor's Q. Insane burst with the lich bane proc, evolved movement speed on top of the item's movement speed. CDR for more Q's.

holy shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom