• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
it feels super strong to me because the base 100 magic damage is huge, on top of the extra scaling

like generally for a spell to deal 100 extra damage you have to have like upwards of 150 ap so on champions that can stack it frequently it feels kind of crazy.

someone like syndra that has an aoe spell with 4s (potentially 2.4s) cooldown would love 100(+0.25) extra damage every 4 or so spells. same with xerath or ziggs. they just can stack it super fast, apply it from long range and to multiple targets and the ms benefits them all for being low mobility mages.

feels like a general buff to poke which i dunno if it's a good idea to be honest.

Pls no more

I dont want to see the return of the blue man
i don't think ryze will really want to pick it up. no tankiness or mana or cdr or mpen. maybe as a late game item but i don't think it'll mean much for him

like EVERYTHING on that item speaks to Viktor's Q. Insane burst with the lich bane proc, evolved movement speed on top of the item's movement speed. CDR for more Q's.

holy shit
why would you want to use it on q when e's aoe?

DeadNames

Banned
Guys I wrote a short fanfiction on Azir. I will post it after the game.

It was a cold winter morning. Azir had just woken up and went to get his morning coffee. He picked up a copy of "The Latest Patch Notes". He scrolled down the page until he saw his name. He thought "ha, probably more bugfixes!" until he read the notes. He started at disbelief. How could Riot do this? Why didn't they just revert some of my buffs?! While he was openly weeping Nidalee, who had banged his girlfriend the night before, walked up to him and said "Hey bitch, how's it feel to get nerfed?". Azir looked at Nidalee with hateful eyes. "Yeah. Riot loves me. What are you gonna do about it, bitch? Literally everyone hates me, but it don't matter. Riot buffed me bitch. Haha, fuck you".

Azir, along with thousands of players, cried out in painful unison: "WHY RIOT? WHO AT YOUR STUDIOS HAS A HARD ON FOR NIDALEE?"

Oh and Jinx is OP.

zkylon

zkylewd
apparently there's gonna be tank buffs in 5.5 and 5.6

zac is getting buffs and nautilus is potentially getting buffs too. and for some reason nunu

Guys I wrote a short fanfiction on Azir. I will post it after the game.

It was a cold winter morning. Azir had just woken up and went to get his morning coffee. He picked up a copy of "The Latest Patch Notes". He scrolled down the page until he saw his name. He thought "ha, probably more bugfixes!" until he read the notes. He started at disbelief. How could Riot do this? Why didn't they just revert some of my buffs?! While he was openly weeping Nidalee, who had banged his girlfriend the night before, walked up to him and said "Hey bitch, how's it feel to get nerfed?". Azir looked at Nidalee with hateful eyes. "Yeah. Riot loves me. What are you gonna do about it, bitch? Literally everyone hates me, but it don't matter. Riot buffed me bitch. Haha, fuck you".

Azir, along with thousands of players, cried out in painful unison: "WHY RIOT? WHO AT YOUR STUDIOS HAS A HARD ON FOR NIDALEE?"
azir barely got buffed, most of the changes he got were qol and bugfixes. he only got a damage buff on his q, which got nerfed in 5.3, and a bit of a buff to his e shield and damage, which don't really matter

azir needed these nerfs so he's not absolutely obnoxious to play against

he's obviously gonna be hell to balance because he's an awfully complicated champion, but forcing azirs to aim better is good

because it stacks with the lich bane proc and his evolved Q bonus damage and MS and auto assassinates stuff
well, i don't play viktor but this item doesn't seem like his thing imo

high cooldowns on everything but his q, but his q needs an opponent to cast it on, so it's kind of weird. also not that much aoe.

maybe you're right and he's good with it, but at least right now he doesn't sound like an ideal candidate to me

DeadNames

Banned
All I want for Nunu is the ability to use Zhonya's while channeling ult.

018.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
Kalista is from the Shadow Isles, right? So she's like a ghost lady. That is pretty scary. So Vi is maybe not so scary in comparison.

garath

Played mid nidalee last night. Instead of going red trinket like I would normally do, I decided I would buy an upgraded yellow at level 9 since I'm nidalee and I'm super mobile. Between that and the sight wards I bought, their jungle was littered with wards. I can't say it single handedly won us the game but man it made it a lot easier. If everyone on my team bought that trinket, holy crap.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Played mid nidalee last night. Instead of going red trinket like I would normally do, I decided I would buy an upgraded yellow at level 9 since I'm nidalee and I'm super mobile. Between that and the sight wards I bought, their jungle was littered with wards. I can't say it single handedly won us the game but man it made it a lot easier. If everyone on my team bought that trinket, holy crap.

Even at 250g people will still be scrubs and opt to delay upgrading it. Every lane should be upgrading their trinkets at lvl9 with the new price drops imo.

garath

Even at 250g people will still be scrubs and opt to delay upgrading it. Every lane should be upgrading their trinkets at lvl9 with the new price drops imo.

I have to agree 100%. 250 gold is so little compared to the gains. Red trinket and yellow trinket upgrades are so useful.

DeadNames

Banned
How would Lux be if she got MS when she tosses out her shield a la Ahri? I saw some dude ask about it on GD and thought I'd bein it up here.

Sofo

Isn't the deal with Lux that with her E she can't wave-clear as most of the other current midlaners? I was reading something like that on reddit, but I don't use her, so.. I mean she's immobile and very unforgiving if you miss a Q in a gank I guess o.o

Anyway, I feel Malzahar wouldn't be as bad as long as there was a Mercurial Scimitar/QSS equivalent for AP users, no? I'm no midlaner but that is what is most annoying imo.

How would Lux be if she got MS when she tosses out her shield a la Ahri? I saw some dude ask about it on GD and thought I'd bein it up here.

A bit too strong?

Between the slow from her E, and her snare, it could be a bit too strong.

Isn't lack of mobility Lux's weakness?

Isn't the deal with Lux that with her E she can't wave-clear as most of the other current midlaners?

Yes, at some points of the game. It does happen with Ahri's Q too, if you aren't careful.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Man, I so want to practice the E > Q combo on Thresh now. I used to only wait for openings in order to use Q, but after seeing Krepo regularly do that, I don't know why more Thresh's don't. =S

Just make it so she doesn't stop moving when she throws it as a QoL change. Ahri is already high mobility if her ult is up, and she kind of has to get in people's faces to do a ton of damage, so giving her movement speed makes sense. Lux is long range.

DeadNames

Banned
Haha, no.

I have a pic that I saved that shows how BS it is.

Anyways, I just played the worst game of League ever played. It was like an hour long 4v5 throwfest. Our Sion was totally random and Vayne couldn't position for shit. Well, the throws start piling up and all of their inhibs are down. They start BMing in our base when our inhib respawns which gives me, j4, and vayne enough time to respawn and clean them up and push down mid to win.

Tizoc

I have to agree 100%. 250 gold is so little compared to the gains. Red trinket and yellow trinket upgrades are so useful.

I hadn't noticed red trinket's upgrade being 250 gold til last night which surprised me. At best, people simply forget to upgrade it, at worst they ignore it just to build their main items :V

Sofo

I have a pic that I saved that shows how BS it is.

As a person that has played a fair amount of Thresh and recently Amumu, I can tell you that for every "lucky/bullshit" one you get, there's at least 20 that are fair to the animation/width described by the range indicator.

Now if you want to talk about bullshit skillshots how about Dark Bindings?

DeadNames

Banned
As a person that has played a fair amount of Thresh and recently Amumu, I can tell you that for every "lucky/bullshit" one you get, there's at least 20 that are fair to the animation/width described by the range indicator.

I actually haven't had many BS moments with Dark Binding. I read all about how BS it is, but it's never happened to me.

Jeff-DSA

Nothing will ever rival the garbage that was the old Nidalee spear hit box.

Jeff-DSA

I've never played as Heimerdinger, but do his turrets cost any mana at all? I always see him with three of those little things out and he's always topped off on mana. It's so frustrating to be sitting under your tower and constantly under siege while he's just sporting a full mana bar and yours is empty trying to eek out some CS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom