• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff-DSA

Split pushing doesn't amount to being able to kill a tower fast.

Right, but she's strong in the other factors that matter too. She can wave clear quickly (because you will have a Hydra), she has a huge attack speed steroid, and she can 1v1 just about anybody they send her way.

You can argue that she's not a good jungler, and in most cases that's accurate, but to say that she's not a good split pusher, that's not accurate.

Got my third Hexakill win by playing Nami. So strong.

I'm in champ select and someone picked Vayne and said "please pick CC". I had already picked Nami and said "don't expect support". Someone dodged and we ended up in the same game again. He picked Vayne and I picked Nami. The other team was terrible so it didn't matter, even though I built Crucible and Talisman.

I find Braum boring to play tbh. When I pick him it's basically saying "I don't trust my ADC not to screw up". Like... I don't feel like I can carry with him at all. I feel like he's there to prevent an enemy from carrying.

Sofo

I find Braum boring to play tbh. When I pick him it's basically saying "I don't trust my ADC not to screw up". Like... I don't feel like I can carry with him at all. I feel like he's there to prevent an enemy from carrying.

Isn't that what you basically want? Like, that's solo q mentality right there, no? o;

Negaduck

Yup that's exactly what it is. It feels like (to me at least) when I 1v1 someone I can't do as much, like he excels when he has another champ right now.

The other supports I kinda feel like I have more options when I dual another champ.

Tryin to make big plays when I play support.

Right, but she's strong in the other factors that matter too. She can wave clear quickly (because you will have a Hydra), she has a huge attack speed steroid, and she can 1v1 just about anybody they send her way.

You can argue that she's not a good jungler, and in most cases that's accurate, but to say that she's not a good split pusher, that's not accurate.
Her steroid lasts 3 seconds and is often leveled last so you're not getting the full amount until level 18 anyways, common top laners like Ryze and mid laners with enough farm + Zhonya's can handle her 1v1, she's squishy and has no escapes aside from burning summoners.

She's good at taking down towers and pushing waves but is pretty bad at other aspects of splitpushing. Compare her to someone like Yi and you'll see why she's mediocre at best.

drawkcaB

Nah, Braum gets shit done son.

BM24 said:
I hate Braum. He's the most boring support. I almost fell asleep playing him a few days ago.

No way, he's super fun. Your heart is your weakest muscle.

Jeff-DSA

Braum is in a good place now. He's still strong, but no longer impossible to deal with. I still hate playing into a Braum/Lucian combo though. That sucks.

I'd like to put some time into Braum. I've been supporting with Annie and Zyra, and Braum would be an interesting change of pace.

Sofo

I really want to buy Braum and Nami -_-; why are 6300 supports so good? Oh wait.. ;o

btw, I know this is really irrelevant, but today vs bots I was with some like level 20 people and I realised that, in order to get a Penta, in most cases, it's all about baiting your team mates in order for them to soak up all the ults. I was Annie, bots were all deliciously grouped up and I pinged, Yi went in and died but got them all tastefully low enough for Tibbers > W ! Was funny lol

Ferrio

Banned
I really want to buy Braum and Nami -_-; why are 6300 supports so good? Oh wait.. ;o

btw, I know this is really irrelevant, but today vs bots I was with some like level 20 people and I realised that, in order to get a Penta, in most cases, it's all about baiting your team mates in order for them to soak up all the ults. I was Annie, bots were all deliciously grouped up and I pinged, Yi went in and died but got them all tastefully low enough for Tibbers > W ! Was funny lol

It's not baiting...it's cleanup.... <.<

So I finally ordered my iPhone today. This will be my very first smartphone. I know that's crazy but true. My phone is like 5 years old. This will feel like going from black & white TV with 5 channels to a 60" color HDTV with Cable, HBO and the works. I can't wait. I'm gonna get so many games. I never really used a smartphone extensively before. I've borrowed a friends for 1-2 minutes a few times but that's it. I can't imagine all the wonders that await me.

iPhone 6, 64 gb. Not the +size model
It's going to take "up to 6 weeks" but the guy said that could be 1 day or 6 weeks so hopefully on the lower end of that scale

Sofo

So I finally ordered my iPhone today. This will be my very first smartphone. I know that's crazy but true. My phone is like 5 years old. This will feel like going from black & white TV with 5 channels to a 60" color HDTV with Cable, HBO and the works. I can't wait. I'm gonna get so many games. I never really used a smartphone extensively before. I've borrowed a friends for 1-2 minutes a few times but that's it. I can't imagine all the wonders that await me.

iPhone 6, 64 gb. Not the +size model
It's going to take "up to 6 weeks" but the guy said that could be 1 day or 6 weeks so hopefully on the lower end of that scale

My husband has the Plus one and it like really too big. I mean it fits him... ( &#865;° &#860;&#662; &#865;°) but definitely too big for me!

I'm still rocking my 4, but yeah, jumping to the smartcast wagon now it'll prolly feel really nice. What are you currently using?

Also, can we draw an analogy of stopping to use something outdated here...? ;3 (nvm just being playful!)

I'm saving my IP, thinking I'll pick up either Jayce or Elise. Both seem fun. Never see Elises in my Bronze games, though. Guess her skill cap is so high that people won't play her, even when she was popular? Only other champs I can really say that about are Orianna and Thresh.

I'm leaning towards Elise because my jungle pool is Eve>Quinn>Nunu=Shyv, I can play a lot more mid laners.

ADCs that don't ward hurt my soul.

YVXS36u.png

That Kat isn't great either, but Cait hurt more because she never placed one ward in lane. Also Kat started with scrying orb for some reason. Not even a shitty, misplaced ward, no matter how many times I asked her so we could keep vision on Twitch. Five wards in 45 minutes, unbelivable.

Think I'm going to take a break for a bit, that game was frustrating.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I should try brand support more often. The frost dagger passive stack repeatedly because of his burn damage and his range & damage is just ridiculous.

You know, I hated TT Hexakill at first. Out of every damn game I've played, there has ALWAYS. ALWAYS! Been a Kat and/or Yi on other team. How fuckin' boring. Then I played more. And more. And I started having a hell of a lot more fun. I've become slightly silly in the [ALL] chat with people, and realized that a ton of people playing are just there to have a stupid good time. I've hardly played with anyone who takes it too seriously in that game mode, and this relaxed environment with chatty, fun players has really been refreshing.

Naw, most hypercarries beat TF. Jinx/Trist/Kog/Vayne/Twitch will all wreck him because of range/sheer damage output
No, they won't. I have like 300 games with AD TF. Unless the ADC has a QSS or Cleanse, TF beats them every time, easily. Yellow card -> melted in under 2 secs.

Fuzzery

No, they won't. I have like 300 games with AD TF. Unless the ADC has a QSS or Cleanse, TF beats them every time, easily. Yellow card -> melted in under 2 secs.

That's a big if getting the yellow card off. Plus, if you don't kill them within 2 seconds you're probably dead, which is really hard to do since tf has no real attack steroids, or burst since you are not ap. I just don't see it happening unless you're really ahead.

You'll take a ton of damage coming in, and if they have any armor you'll probably lose too.

Negaduck

New Summoner's Rift is gonna be awesome. I can't wait to shut up my Dota 2 friends.

I think the new map looks super clean.

But I do love the dota 2 map too. I do love how the map's aesthetics switch between the dire side being alive and happy to the dead and dreary dire side.

Fuzzery

AP TF has a much higher chance of 1v1ing adcs because you have zhonya and lichbane burst, so u can go in for a burst, then kite away, zhonya if they close too fast. AD tf is just screwed vs higher dmg ADCs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom