• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bacon

SjFvfuU.png

Tried her out for you Newt. I really enjoy her kit but damn those mana costs are brutal. I came out of lane phase 2/0 but that rengar would just delete me because of the feast he had top lane. Oh well. I'll probably play her some more.

Kard8p3

Probably going to pick up a champ or two in the next day or so; what do you recommend for Jungle/ADC? I don't have a lot of heroes so just throw anything out. I mainly play Rengar/WW/Yi for Jung and Vayne/Varus for ADC. Was thinking of getting Lucian or Draven.

Newt

Tried her out for you Newt. I really enjoy her kit but damn those mana costs are brutal. I came out of lane phase 2/0 but that rengar would just delete me because of the feast he had top lane. Oh well. I'll probably play her some more.
buy lots of mana pots
Probably going to pick up a champ or two in the next day or so; what do you recommend for Jungle/ADC? I don't have a lot of heroes so just throw anything out. I mainly play Rengar/WW/Yi for Jung and Vayne/Varus for ADC. Was thinking of getting Lucian or Draven.
Lucian's really generic, and he most certainly won't be relevant in season 5. Draven is definitely a good champ to know how to play though.

Kard8p3

buy lots of mana pots

Lucian's really generic, and he most certainly won't be relevant in season 5. Draven is definitely a good champ to know how to play though.

kk, will definitely pick him up, thanks. Any others I should pick up ASAP?

I've also dabbled in top lane w/ Nasus and Lee Sin (jungle with him as well, I really like him, just havent played him in forever so I'm sure I'm rusty). Wukong seemed fun.

Opiate

Do we have even a vague idea when the next IP weekend will be? Do they only do that once a year, or is there another one in the holiday-ish period?

sleepykyo

I think I'd echo jinx. Riot seems hellbent on nerfing Lucian while jinx barely gets touched.

They've also seemed hellbent on nerfing Lee Sin and Thresh. So far, not quite enough. Lucian's chaining into double taps is too cool for Riot to want him out of the meta. When the nerfs get bad enough, they'll dial it back.

Bacon

I think there has been two double ip weekends this year already. I doubt there would be a third, unless someone can correct me on that.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I've bought things occasionally. This still doesn't help answer my question!
Judging by the time between the last two, I would say somewhere around december.
However, we don't actually know because Riot doesn't want to disclose that information. Same thing with future champion sales.

Part of me wishes the game wasn't as massively successful as it is now just so we could get more sales, cheaper prices, and double IP weekends. It just had to have 30 million unique users monthly, didn't it? What's wrong with 10 or 15 mil? :-/

Sofo

Has any of you been "mentored"? I see a post on r/summoner school about people offering free tutoring and stuff, but I just feel it might be kinda awkward. Like night classes or something.

Idk, I just think I am far from decent as far as selecting my supports on matchups or mechanics in general, but besides that I don't feel I'm improving fast enough. Like I see my mistakes, I try not to replicate them, but new ones arises (or old ones come back).

I was told support could easily carry you in ranked but, I am no way there.

Newt

Has any of you been "mentored"? I see a post on r/summoner school about people offering free tutoring and stuff, but I just feel it might be kinda awkward. Like night classes or something.

Idk, I just think I am far from decent as far as selecting my supports on matchups or mechanics in general, but besides that I don't feel I'm improving fast enough. Like I see my mistakes, I try not to replicate them, but new ones arises (or old ones come back).

Trust me, you don't need stuff like that. Just play with champions you enjoy, play ranked a lot, and play normals with GAF often. Doing that will get you there.

Sofo

Trust me, you don't need stuff like that. Just play with champions you enjoy, play ranked a lot, and play normals with GAF often. Doing that will get you there.

I guess! Idk, I have definitely improved on being calm on situations and reading the map more but sometimes, even reading the map means shit.. I mean, yeah that Fizz is alone in our jungle, we would basically need 3 people to deal with him ._.

Talk to yourself while you play.

Not even a joke. It's a psychology thing.

But, I do... I'm not sure "You're an idiot" helps! :v

On an unrelated note, I reached 30 cs by 5 minute on Ashe just now, so I have that going on for me. >_>; (not)

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

There is kind of a lot that goes into picking your support, but a large piece of that is dependent on your pool. Being familiar with those champions helps to illuminate what gaps they fill on your team, and what they have trouble with on the enemy team. Pick a small group of supports of diverse types and tie yourself to those.

Ferga

It's more like:

I should not have flashed there

I should not have followed him

I should of ran

Should of backed

I should not have lived there

I'm a god. Nothing can kill me

Should of warded before I entered lane

Sofo

It's more like:

I should not have flashed there

I should not have followed him

I should of ran

Should of backed

I should not have lived there

I'm a god. Nothing can kill me

Should of warded before I entered lane

Yeah, I just add "... idiot!" at the end. ;v

zkylon

zkylewd
played ranked teams

enemy teams banned ori in the first 3 games

picked her in the fourth one

still got shit on

fuck this game sometimes :/

---

edit: tbh i've been enjoying playing league very little lately. i should probably go on a break, forget about platinum or something. i feel like i'm playing really bad and like i cost my team games, i'm never as impactful as i want to be and when i'm fed or something it's not like i can solo carry or whatever and it's usually cos i'm against someone that's much worse or something.

i don't like losing and i'm losing too much :/

Sofo

edit: tbh i've been enjoying playing league very little lately. i should probably go on a break, forget about platinum or something. i feel like i'm playing really bad and like i cost my team games, i'm never as impactful as i want to be and when i'm fed or something it's not like i can solo carry or whatever and it's usually cos i'm against someone that's much worse or something.

i don't like losing and i'm losing too much :/

I know I can't really relate to it but I'm kind of in a similar spot! I just have the obligation to finish the placement matches -_-; and atm they feel like a chore, but at the same time, I feel I should do them to get rid of ranked anxiety (I'm almost over it too) and practice as well.

I have been taking the game a bit too seriously and then I make a big ball out of my own mistakes and that doesn't let me focus on the positives.

Good thing is, I have been enjoying Bayonetta 2 ;v Love how over the top that game Platinum Games can be!

subtles

I've never had a chance to play normals with GAF. T_T

Also, won't a diamond player queuing with a bronze/silver/gold lead to some unsavory shenanigans?

Ferga

Yes but we do it when we're in a giddy mood.

Most of Gaf's diamond players can only take so much from the pressure of performing well enough to cancel out any elo differences in other lanes.

It's hard to do when people like scumbag Newt don't want to take normals seriously.

I've never had a chance to play normals with GAF. T_T

Also, won't a diamond player queuing with a bronze/silver/gold lead to some unsavory shenanigans?
When I play normals with the diamond peeps I usually end up laning against people one tier above me. It's really good for practice and keeping track of how good I really am and what I need to work on.

And then there's those times I get a reality check by losing hard to people lower rank than me. Rest in pieces, my Riven, my pride is as broken as your blade after going 1/7 against a Bronze Garen while trying hard

Newt

When I play normals with the diamond peeps I usually end up laning against people one tier above me. It's really good for practice and keeping track of how good I really am and what I need to work on.

And then there's those times I get a reality check by losing hard to people lower rank than me. Rest in pieces, my Riven, my pride is as broken as your blade after going 1/7 against a Bronze Garen while trying hard
Never forget.

Has anyone else tried out Sion jungle? I almost never see it, but I really feel jungle is better for Sion than top.
He's a far better jungler than he is a top laner.

Relatively fast clears while losing basically no health per camp. Weak ganks pre-6 but nothing a laner with decent CC can't fix.

Jeff-DSA

Sometimes you just have an off game, and getting rolled by someone below you is a good reminder that it can happen at any time. I played two games the other night. In one I was all alone in the bot lane because our ADC fed two kills and quit after a string of blaming everybody else. I won the lane (thank goodness I was Annie and could switch to a high damage build). I absolutely crushed the other two and looked like a League god. Then right after that I played another, got my crap pushed in by a Bronze Corki, despite having a fairly decent support.

I tried him. He's almost like warwick in sense that pre-6, he can barely do a successful gank.

Oh definitely. I basically just farm as much as I can pre-6 to stack my HP as much as I can, and then start ganking whenever my ult is up. But those Ult ganks are absolutely fantastic if you can land it.

Jeff-DSA

Oh definitely. I basically just farm as much as I can pre-6 to stack my HP as much as I can, and then start ganking whenever my ult is up. But those Ult ganks are absolutely fantastic if you can land it.

The sound of his ult going off is pure terror, especially if he is being ran from the jungle. Holy jeez, as soon as I hear it I start humping up on my tower so close I'm at risk of impregnating it.

Fiora is another sleeper hit out of the jungle. Can't do much before level 6, but once you hit it, someone is going to die just about every time you gank.

Newt

The sound of his ult going off is pure terror, especially if he is being ran from the jungle. Holy jeez, as soon as I hear it I start humping up on my tower so close I'm at risk of impregnating it.

Fiora is another sleeper hit out of the jungle. Can't do much before level 6, but once you hit it, someone is going to die just about every time you gank.
No.

Jeff-DSA

She's never gonna be a good jungler. Her clears are ridiculously bad early on. Like her working has nothing to do with the role, it's more of the champion.

It works though. Yeah, her clears suck early, but once you hit 6 you just ruin lanes on ganks. I'm not saying she's ideal, exactly, just that in the lower leagues people don't know how to handle things when she gets rolling. She's a great split pusher too that they have to send at least 2 champs to deal with, because she's going to win a 1v1.

I will pick her if the comp is right in the jungle. I don't prefer her as my jungle pick, but I will take her if I don't think the other team is built to deal with her.

That applies to many champions though, it's not specific to her

You could play Warwick, do exactly the same thing and have far, far better results. Fiora needs solo lane farm, if you're not getting absolutely fed while jungling you're useless.

Jeff-DSA

That applies to many champions though, it's not specific to her

You could play Warwick, do exactly the same thing and have far, far better results. Fiora needs solo lane farm, if you're not getting absolutely fed while jungling you're useless.

You're not going to split push better with Warwick, but everything else would be easier, sure.

He's also much harder to kill and pin down, gets to actually have a chance of running away if he gets caught, and he's not even a good split pusher.

Fiora you send someone bursty with Zhonya's and she's done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom