• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Negaduck

Ok gnar is so good. I might even call him OP. If anyone is in the vicinity when you transform to mega gnar they're just dead. Stuns, slows, extra health. It's ridiculous.

I actually don't mind fighting him, wouldn't call him op I don't think. Want to buy him. Bought braum and azir and might put a ticket in to see if I can swap them for maybe super cat and gnar.

zkylon

zkylewd
High gold - Good understanding of meta, decent mechanics, have a good grasp on everything in the game, only thing holding them back is the differing player views of what is wrong or right to do (leads to teams just arguing and end up doing nothing right)

Plat - Great understanding of meta, good mechanics, stubborn (people who get into plat have a concreted mindset that they need to solo carry and neglect their team. Ends up losing games), baron throws

this is my elo and this is true as fuck

the combination of the "solo carry" mentality with all that arguing is really hard to deal with and leads to so many throws, it's depressing

sucks cos i enjoy league the most when it's played as a team game, coordinating teamfights and towerdives, having good control of objectives, all that crap

i really wish riot encouraged teamplay more

either with mechanics or just good messaging

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Well then,
2uKotSw.png

Nekofrog

Banned
feral flare is a super team orientated item

you: "team, let's work as a team here. i need to afk farm to get strong so do your teamly duties and don't feed. remember, we're a team!"

no

stop it

no no no

no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no
Rageblade is a really cool item. I used to get it on Jax years ago before they reworked it. Seems like it could be good for my TF. I'll try it out in normals. I actually always wanted to try some kinda hybrid attack speed build with AD/AP. Just for fun because it won't be as good as AD.

Nah let's introduce feral flare. haha!
It's what pissed me off in the last set of S5 experimental changes

I thought they would get rid of that infinite farm scaling bullshit when Flare was deleted, but one of the enchantments just HAD to fill that toxic niche. Even after all this time I still have to deal with Madstone dickwads that are as useful as someone that never connected with no consequences for them because it's a "legit" - read, supported - gameplay style and they GONNA OPEN DA GAETS :DDDDD

Nekofrog

Banned
hey

i madstone

but i'm not the AFK farm madstone. I'm of the opinion that kills/assists are a much better way to stack that shit, and the spirit stones makes sure you're always at full for those ganks

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
well i'm deeply arachnophobic so no vindictus despite how appealing that game sounds to me

but it sure was a f2p asian mmo :p
Damn that sucks, I felt fantastic soloing the spider boss even though it took like 15 minutes of careful counters and heavy guards.
Oh wait there are spiders at like level 1, forgot.

zkylon

zkylewd
to be fair to rito new feral flare is apparently lots more effective if you're ganking, tho obviously master yi's ganks aren't gonna be as effective as lee sin's so we're back at the same problem. it's also not like X charges = 1v5 with stupid healing and whatever they did before

more than anything i hope they do more champions that are meant to be played as a team. less yasuos and more azirs.

Damn that sucks, I felt fantastic soloing the spider boss even though it took like 15 minutes of careful counters and heavy guards.
Oh wait there are spiders at like level 1, forgot.
yeah i played a little bit and actually managed to beat the giant one in the beginning but i kept getting shivers and feeling really uncomfortable and like first dungeon was filled with them and so i just stopped playing it

too bad cos i loved how my character looked and combat was fun :(

hey

i madstone

but i'm not the AFK farm madstone. I'm of the opinion that kills/assists are a much better way to stack that shit, and the spirit stones makes sure you're always at full for those ganks
It doesn't matter, I know Madstone can work, Cowsep does it and he's always ganking, Trick does it and he counterjungles the fuck out of the enemy, they also have a fuckton of games with their champions so they can adapt to specific situations

Meanwhile Scrub McSilver learns nothing from them aside from the build path, picks Udyr/Yi regardless of enemy comp and do nothing but farm for 20 minutes, then try to splitpush, get caught and give out free objectives.

The concept of the item is fine and good junglers can make good use of it, but when the majority of ranked players are stupid then this type of item shouldn't exist.

Nekofrog

Banned
oh trust me, i've gotten plenty of them.

in my experience udyrs do it way more than yis. but i also almost never see yis outside of my own, but i see lots of trickdyrs.

Blizzard

Banned
Nah let's introduce feral flare. haha!
Riot seems to take a pretty hard line about certain gameplay principles, like "no counterplay".

I'm no expert whatsoever but Feral Flare really seems such an odd choice compared to most every other item. And it's not like it was an accident -- hasn't Riot confirmed once or twice that they want to allow farming as a viable jungle option? That in itself almost seems like a negative thing in the game to me, on average.

zkylon

zkylewd
It doesn't matter, I know Madstone can work, Cowsep does it and he's always ganking, Trick does it and he counterjungles the fuck out of the enemy, they also have a fuckton of games with their champions so they can adapt to specific situations

Meanwhile Scrub McSilver learns nothing from them aside from the build path and do nothing but farm for 20 minutes, then try to splitpush, get caught and give out free objectives.

The concept of the item is fine and good junglers can make good use of it, but when the majority of ranked players are retards then this type of item shouldn't exist.

morelike trick2g and nightblue and other streamers are awful educators with terrible mindsets that do a lot more harm than good

people aren't "retards", they're just bad like you and me and they copy the people they admire like you and me. it's just a sad thing that the people that are being admire preach of a playstyle that's rotten to the core

Bacon

Meanwhile Scrub McSilver learns nothing from them aside from the build path, picks Udyr/Yi regardless of enemy comp and do nothing but farm for 20 minutes, then try to splitpush, get caught and give out free objectives.

The concept of the item is fine and good junglers can make good use of it, but when the majority of ranked players are retards then this type of item shouldn't exist.

I would never bring that shit into ranked but its fun as fuck to do in normal games.

Ferga

Oh no. I'm 0/3 as Udyr, should I build mobility tank so I can peel or not die from split pushing?

Nah. Trick doesn't do it.

Feral, Spirit Stone, phage, sheen, zea....

Fuck we lost. Scrub team.

0/17/0

morelike trick2g and nightblue and other streamers are awful educators with terrible mindsets that do a lot more harm than good

people aren't "retards", they're just bad like you and me and they copy the people they admire like you and me. it's just a sad thing that the people that are being admire preach of a playstyle that's rotten to the core
I'll edit that insult out, too many Udyrs over the season are bringing out the Deadnames in me, my baderino

I wish people would realize trick is an entertainer and stopped trying to copy him. He plays like a loony but he's aware of that, I don't really like him but you can tell he would probably be good if he played normal shit since he gives legit advice in subwars
i'll skip the chance to insult nightblue as well, I don't want my hate for him to become my idiosyncracy here

zkylon

zkylewd
I'll edit that insult out, too many Udyrs over the season are bringing out the Deadnames in me, my baderino

I wish people would realize trick is an entertainer and stopped trying to copy him. He plays like a loony but he's aware of that, I don't really like him but you can tell he would probably be good if he played normal shit since he gives legit advice in subwars
i'll skip the chance to insult nightblue as well, I don't want my hate for him to become my idiosyncracy here
yeah i mean i do think trick's funny and all that and it's not really a jab at him. he can stream whatever he wants

it's more like other junglers are actually not being good entertainers and good teachers to surpass him

like i used to enjoy voyboy a lot and i sometimes watched wingsofdeath too, they were both explaining lots of things and had a lot more centered and positive attitudes that are good for people

and much of this is on riot to make their game more team-oriented and to help people not seeing the game like a 1v9 thing

Nekofrog

Banned
Sometimes I tune in hoping it'll be the day he'll snap

I'm a bad person

sometimes, once in a while, trick will accidentally queue up his teamspeak/whateverprogramthey'reusing mic and you'll hear "COME AND GET IT BITCH U WANT A PIECE OF ME MOTHERFUCKER COME ON. YOU FUCKIN WITH THE GODYR" on sirhcez's stream and you'll just see him smile like he can't believe people could be that emotional over the game. it's cute.

his reply? "gosh!"

like i used to enjoy voyboy a lot and i sometimes watched wingsofdeath too, they were both explaining lots of things and had a lot more centered and positive attitudes that are good for people

Voy still streams, just gotta go on Azubu. We don't bite. All 600 of us. :(

Well, I actually like that the stream doesn't have a ton of people. Chat isn't a scumhole of deadhorses and dongers. You can actually discuss things and stuff.

Ferga

I love chris' stream

But there are some games of his that really strike a nerve.

I've seen him play several games where he could of won a easy 20 minute surrender game but he refused to group up as a fed nasus and insisted to solo push a lane to open the gates.

A few weeks back, I watched him do terribly in a lane and refuse to group up even though his team was doing really well. They lost an easy game that they could have won if they grouped.

Worse thing about that game was that it lasted over a hour and you could clearly see that chris' team would have won in less than 5minutes if he just grouped once in that entire game.

Ferrio

Banned
I love chris' stream

I've seen him play several games where he could of won a easy 20 minute surrender game but he refused to group up as a fed nasus and insisted to solo push a lane to open the gates.

A few weeks back, I watched him do terribly in a lane and refuse to group up even though his team was doing really well. They lost an easy game that they could have won if they grouped.

Worse thing about that game was that it lasted over a hour and you could clearly see that chris' team would have won in less than 5minutes if he just grouped once in that entire game.

Need those stacks.

Bacon

I love chris' stream

That's the trick influence. The gates must be opened. Or something.

Bacon

Nah, he's always done that type of stuff before he started working with Trick, 1000 stacks, finishing his weird Singed builds, there's always a "minigame".

It got worse after trick tho

Well then he and trick are a match made in heaven. Both want to farm endlessly.

Blizzard

Banned
Im done with jungle.

Not one person had the decency to get executioner's sword or morrellicon against the swain. *mmr hell facepalm*
Are those items very good though? I don't feel like I see them much anymore, plus morellonomicon only applies the passive if the enemy is below 40% health.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Are those items very good though? I don't feel like I see them much anymore, plus morellonomicon only applies the passive if the enemy is below 40% health.
The grievous wounds are really the only reason to buy it. I told darius but he didnt say anything. The adc didnt want to get because, "its not in my build". Lux and raka didnt want morellicon either. Its like they dont know the items exist for the purpose of taking out the swain god.

zkylon

zkylewd
well doing like a installation repair fixed it so unfortunately i'm not free of this curse just yet

Voy still streams, just gotta go on Azubu. We don't bite. All 600 of us. :(

Well, I actually like that the stream doesn't have a ton of people. Chat isn't a scumhole of deadhorses and dongers. You can actually discuss things and stuff.
well it's not actually because of voyboy or azubu, i just stopped watching streams altogether

i feel ilke i tapped out what i'm capable of learning from them and so i just don't bother anymore

Who admires me?

i admire any lulu enthusiast <3

who admires me tho

Bacon

I stopped watching streams as well. I'm sure there is still stuff I could learn but at some point I realized that I was spending literally all my free time either playing the game or watching other people play. It felt very unhealthy.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Yet none of them used them wisely(I remember one used it on zed). It was so bad to point where I just watched them from death losing a 1v4 against him.
Im gonna go watch some Gurren to cheer me up.

well doing like a installation repair fixed it so unfortunately i'm not free of this curse just yet

well it's not actually because of voyboy or azubu, i just stopped watching streams altogether

i feel ilke i tapped out what i'm capable of learning from them and so i just don't bother anymore

i admire any lulu enthusiast <3

who admires me tho

I admire your dedication to collect the best fanart of leeg.

I wish I had time for Leeg ):, maybe Season 2015

Shit, last post on the page... fuck me

cXvMMAk.jpg

I was just a part of the biggest throw I've ever seen in 5+ years of playing. Luckily, on the winning side.

So we're getting destroyed, right. They've got a big lead. About the 35-40th minute, idk the exact time, they win a team fight with their Yi being the only one left. He pushes and kills the nexus turrets. Then he attacks the Nexus, it's just a few hits away, but instead of finishing it off he decides to fight one of us who just respawned. We kill him.

The enemy team was probably mad about this but they still had a significant lead so they were probably like "we'll just rush the nexus and win after this next team fight".

thatsmilingcatwiththehandoveritsmouthpicialwayspost.jpg

We basically just sit there guarding the base. They come down to finish it but we beat them in the teamfight.

They come again, we destroy them this time. We still can't really leave. We don't totally ace them, they still have 1-2 guys left.

This happens a couple more times or whatever. We finally get some room to counter push, get a baron, get some turrets, even got an inhib.

Regroup and do it again. Completely destroy them in team fights now. Got some more turrets and another inhib.

Finally, we wreck em one more time and just push and win. 50 minute game. Karma for the Yi who said in all chat "lol I'm just dicking around" when he decided not to finish the Nexus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom