• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferga

it's condescending because you've been nothing but condescending in your posts by flippantly dismissing what everyone who's better at the game has been telling you because "reasons". then you try to make qualifying statements (they cant have cleanse or qss), and try to justify "reasons" by "i beat smurfs all the .

They arent even reasons. He dismisses people and argues his points through his own damn opinions and he's spreading so much misinformation.

He doesnt even bother to respond to points against his even when he is directly quoting people's responses. "Youre wrong" is basically it.

it absolutely is, because every time you state it, you put up asinine qualifiers. no cleanse or qss, are you serious with this shit? who is going to look at a team comp with lock downs and not buy a qss in this game outside of gold and under elos? and are you forgetting about crucible? or basic peel?
Who gets Cleanse as an ADC? Who gets QSS early, which provides no offensive benefits whatsoever unless you upgrade to a 3.7k Scimitar? What about a normal team without "tons of lock downs"?

They arent even reasons. He dismisses people and argues his points through his own damn opinions and he's spreading so much misinformation.

He doesnt even bother to respond to points against his even when he is dorectly quoting people's responses. "Youre wrong" is basically it.
I have 300 games in ranked with him. I've played vs countless smurfs (Silver is Smurf Central). What do you want me to say? Most of you have never even seen one in action and you expect me to just concede my point despite having hundreds of hours with him?

Ferga

Who gets hit by yellow card in lane with a support????

And you know I cant imagine a smurf typing: wow im a smurf but you beat me. Well done.

Theres no way you can tell someone is a smurf in silver.

Nekofrog

Banned
Who gets Cleanse as an ADC? Who gets QSS early, which provides no offensive benefits whatsoever unless you upgrade to a 3.7k Scimitar? What about a normal team without "tons of lock downs"?

this is the exact type of thing that tells me you have no idea what you're talking about. you are basing your opinions based on your experiences at low elo. it's not uncommon for adcs to take cleanse, or for them to buy 3rd item QSS if they think they're going to need it. not uncommon at all.

I have 300 games in ranked with him. I've played vs countless smurfs (Silver is Smurf Central). What do you want me to say? Most of you have never even seen one in action and you expect me to just concede my point despite having hundreds of hours with him?

where are those 300 ranked games? at what elo? right. that answers every question and addresses every point you are trying to make.

we're not asking you to concede your point. we're asking you to inhouse with us and PROVE your point. you say you beat countless smurfs? let's go. let's do it. shut us all up with your ad tf.

Because you want to prove us wrong when you clearly have no idea of how a bot lane ADC works. I mean, just look at these:
Who gets cleanse as an ADC? Someone that isn't shit and doesn't want to die to CC lockdown, it's a perfectly legit summoner spell that is used up to competitive play.
Who gets QSS early? How early are we talking here? Mid game? You have a 1 second-ish stun, you're not beating any ADC mid game that isn't Trist. Beginning of late game? Why not get QSS? It's 1550 gold, not a car. And that's not even counting if your support bought Crucible - who the hell would wander off with a TF around?

You say we don't know how much damage AD TF does, fair enough, but you have literally no idea of what a decent ADC can do in return.

this is the exact type of thing that tells me you have no idea what you're talking about. you are basing your opinions based on your experiences at low elo. it's not uncommon for adcs to take cleanse, or for them to buy 3rd item QSS if they think they're going to need it. not uncommon at all.

where are those 300 ranked games? at what elo? right. that answers every question and addresses every point you are trying to make.

we're not asking you to concede your point. we're asking you to inhouse with us and PROVE your point. you say you beat countless smurfs? let's go. let's do it. shut us all up with your ad tf.
Your posts are bizarrely confrontational about a topic that is not worth sweating over.

You expect me to go vs. Diamonds? All their mechanics are better than mine, last hitting, kiting, everything.

Nekofrog

Banned
and god forbid you shoehorn your team into a full AD comp because you went AD TF mid. if it goes to late your chances of winning have dropped significantly.

Your posts are bizarrely confrontational about a topic that is not worth sweating over.

You expect me to go vs. Diamonds? All their mechanics are better than mine, last hitting, kiting, everything.

why not? you claim to beat diamonds all the time.

but not confident in that matchup? that's cool, we have a wide array of diamonds, plats, golds, silvers for you to go up against.

unless you just want to keep talking and talking and talking, and spreading misinformation about something that isn't very good when people know how to actually play the game well

Einbroch

Banned
Heavy, all you have to say is that TF destroys low ELO ADCs because they don't get QSS or Cleanse and don't have the mechanics to outplay a TF that pumps out AA damage/move out of range.

I don't think anyone would argue with you.

Didn't you say Plat is just one step above Gold and Plat is nothing special? Well Diamond is one step above Plat.

Plus you've beaten smurfs countless times.

Not that it means much, but I don't lose to TF in lane much----I'm mostly Vel'Koz. I can't say anything coherent about his damage, as he can dice me up good, but his cards are too easy to see coming and dodge.

Ocho

Being real, I don't see an ADC pick cleanse over heal. Sure, it's 100% legit, but you lose bot lane. You would only get such summoner if you have scouted your enemy (aka heavy), etc., in competitive play. Or you lane swap, I guess.

Third item QSS is totally legit, though.

TomShoe

Banned
Not that it means much, but I don't lose to TF in lane much----I'm mostly Vel'Koz. I can't say anything coherent about his damage, as he can dice me up good, but his cards are too easy to see coming and dodge.

Isn't TF's gold card targeted? That thing is just disgusting to go against.

Isn't TF's gold card targeted? That thing is just disgusting to go against.
My worst quality as a LoL player is that I am god awful with knowing much about any other champions outside of a small few that I regularly play---Vel'Koz. Taric. Anivia. If his gold card is targeted, it might explain why I feel like I suck the most at dodging it. lol

Einbroch

Banned
Leaving the whole TF thing behind, how is Viktor not permabanned yet?

It's weird.

He was played a ton when his rework came out. Everyone agreed he was very strong. Banned, picked, talked about.

Then...people just went back to their old mids/tops. It was a strange sight to behold.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
It's weird.

He was played a ton when his rework came out. Everyone agreed he was very strong. Banned, picked, talked about.

Then...people just went back to their old mids/tops. It was a strange sight to behold.
same thing happened to xerath, he was never nerfed he just sort of went away.

Ferga

Like I , and other people, have said a tonne of times in this thread and the last, play your champ unconventioanlly and be happy with it. Post your game stats, do whatever.
But stop coming in here every other day to spread misinformation and passively insult all the high elo players.

I'm getting sick of it.

Can you stop ignoring posts like this and stop all this bullshit.

Newt

It's weird.

V4.18:
Fixed a bug where Viktor's shield was not breaking upon taking damage.

All I know is that support Vel'Koz is where it is at. All you mid-laners are doing it wrong!

i'm going to be about 30 minutes late, more reports to compile than i thought. but i'll be there
Sounds good. I have time to hop in a quick shower then. I'm picturing this whole thing right now as a high school fight, where two guys talk shit and agree to meet in the park after school. Then only 1 shows up. Or neither. I expect a fight, dammit!

It's weird.

He feels so batshit strong. He's safe, his damage is ridiculous, he's a lane bully that shits on melee for free and besides his E he's hardly hard to use.

I'm guessing he's the new Ori, ultra strong but since he has a moderate skill floor people will just forget he exists.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Being real, I don't see an ADC pick cleanse over heal. Sure, it's 100% legit, but you lose bot lane. You would only get such summoner if you have scouted your enemy (aka heavy), etc., in competitive play. Or you lane swap, I guess.

Third item QSS is totally legit, though.
Cleanse isn't that bad in lane, but the timing on it requires more precision, because you need to cleanse the Ignite or the Exhaust.
Before Shiv he is terrible in lane.
Your laning phase wouldn't be so hard if you took Wild Cards before level 13.

Like I , and other people, have said a tonne of times in this thread and the last, play your champ unconventioanlly and be happy with it. Post your game stats, do whatever.
But stop coming in here every other day to spread misinformation and passively insult all the high elo players.

I'm getting sick of it.

Can you stop ignoring posts like this and stop all this bullshit.
Look, I don't know where you're getting this from:

I've never passively insulted high elo players. Is the reason you're saying that because I said I've killed lots of smurfs? Gold, Plat, sure. I doubt I've beaten diamonds or anything. I don't know where you're getting this stuff from.

The original post wasn't even about a team game, it was just a comment on 1 vs 1, AD TF vs any other ADC. No shit I'd get rekt vs a Diamond in mid. All their mechanics like last hitting are 10x better.

dimb

I dunno man, cleanse it's definitely weaker than heal in lane. You'll just overall lose trades. Cleanse can be better than barrier tho.
I think Cleanse is situational. It is weaker in some situations because it doesn't offer the support anything, but against multi-CC supports it can be really useful. Because Cleanse only excels in certain use cases, i.e., your support isn't the one being focused, people are less likely to run it.

Ferrio

Banned
Heavy, case in point. Just watched last bits of your last game. You were fed as fuck, 11/2/7 and you only did ~4k more damage than the bottom damaging person on your team...leona. That's not a lot of damage for being a fed mid.

But that game also looked like the other lanes stomped, so might be irrelevant.

Fuzzery

Who needs negatron, all an ADC needs is some armor and you can't kill him in even 5 seconds, let alone ga or banshees.

But like, the main thing is you have no range or self peel and will get murdered by mages/bruisers in lategame teamfights anyway

Heavy, case in point. Just watched last bits of your last game. You were fed as fuck, 11/2/7 and you only did 4k more damage than the bottom damaging person on your team...leona.
People have pointed this out before but a good chunk of damage is missing from lane harass. I almost never harass in lane unless it's a melee mid because of AD TF's range. I legit didn't attack Ahri one time during the whole laning phase, maybe a red card hit her or something. All I did was last hit.

You saw the damage output at the end. Completely melted them. That type of damage is common. That wasn't like a lucky game or anything. Once you get those 3 items, he destroys. (shiv, IE, botrk)

helps you farm though.

just think of it as trading mana for gold when you're being zoned early.
So just one point it early on? I'll try it out sometime

Edwardo

N7Wq4wq.png

ummm

Ferrio

Banned
People have pointed this out before but a good chunk of damage is missing from lane harass. I almost never harass in lane unless it's a melee mid because of AD TF's range. I legit didn't attack Ahri one time during the whole laning phase, maybe a red card hit her or something. All I did was last hit.

So your game plan is just hope your other teammates win their lane?

So your game plan is just hope your other teams win their lane?
Just to get to late game, basically. And to try to get those core items in a timely manner. Maybe get a couple kills from ults before then, like this last game... got 2 with an ult to top. The other lanes can lose but not get completely destroyed, like a bot lane feeding 15 kills.

dimb

But they do no damage without AP, like at all. If they ever gave them an AD ratio he'd be the greatest champ ever.
They do 60 damage at level one, which is honestly decent in the early game, but if you wait to pick it up it will seem like it does nothing. The bigger thing is the range, which is useful for farm, poke, or picking up kills.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Sounds like magic christmasland.

"If I can farm until late game, while getting a few easy kills here and there, and no lane collapses entirely, I'll win!"

Ferrio

Banned
Just to get to late game, basically. And to try to get those core items in a timely manner. Maybe get a couple kills from ults before then, like this last game... got 2 with an ult to top. The other lanes can lose but not get completely destroyed, like a bot lane feeding 15 kills.

Man you just need to main nasus.

They do 60 damage at level one, which is honestly decent in the early game, but if you wait to pick it up it will seem like it does nothing. The bigger thing is the range, which is useful for farm, poke, or picking up kills.
Then that's why I thought they do no damage, I get it at lvl 13. I'll try it at level 1, but getting E first helps me last hit.

Sounds like magic christmasland.

"If I can farm until late game, while getting a few easy kills here and there, and no lane collapses entirely, I'll win!"
That's not what I meant. AD TF can carry the entire game. He's a hyper carry.
Just need a couple core items to get rolling. A shiv + bf sword or shiv + pickaxe is usually enough to get going if you get them in a timely manner.

I didn't get 180 wins out 300 games with him by "wait till late late game and hope no lane feeds". Relying on Silver teammates to not lose their lanes would be disastrous.

Man you just need to main nasus.
Such a boring champ

TF doesn't seem like he would be fun but seriously he's so fun. Maybe it's the attack speed, maybe it's the excitement of picking off people with your ult, or the ability to 1vs1 so well, or being a hyper carry. I know it doesn't seem fun just auto attacking with a TF but it really is. I own like 130 champs... 5+ years in the game yet he's the most fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom