• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff-DSA

...aaaaand straight into a loss.

really not sure what I could have done this game.

Won lane hard, warded a lot, called dragons and stuff... not much I can when an Irelia that fed is jumping on my ass.

Really don't know how Jayce can lose lane to Veigar.

Seems like a game that was just out of control from the beginning. Lee got off a good gank or two, Mundo never got rolling, and they just capitalized on an early lead.

and another loss. lol.

down to 5 LP.

Shit on Talon from minute 1. I was like... 6/0 on Syndra? Bot, top and jungle fed up a storm. Uncarryable.

I need people to duo with. It's too hard on my own. I can win my lane, I can ward, whatever. I can't win games like that.

Leezard

and another loss. lol.

down to 5 LP.

Shit on Talon from minute 1. I was like... 6/0 on Syndra? Bot, top and jungle fed up a storm. Uncarryable.

I need people to duo with. It's too hard on my own. I can win my lane, I can ward, whatever. I can't win games like that.
Nah, some games are impossible to carry.

I would definitely recommend duo play since you seem to have stronger mechanics than what is common at your mmr. Stronger opponents but also stronger team mates.

Nah, some games are impossible to carry.

I would definitely recommend duo play since you seem to have stronger mechanics than what is common at your mmr. Stronger opponents but also stronger team mates.

at this stage I feel like I'm playing pretty consistently better than what I'm matched with. I've taken on board the points you suggested and I'm warding more, paying more attention to timers, calling more.

At this stage the fluctuation is just in the teams I'm getting. I think duoing will give me more consistently decent players close to my skill level and then I can pick up wins.

at this stage I feel like I'm playing pretty consistently better than what I'm matched with. I've taken on board the points you suggested and I'm warding more, paying more attention to timers, calling more.

At this stage the fluctuation is just in the teams I'm getting. I think duoing will give me more consistently decent players close to my skill level and then I can pick up wins.

I think it'll balance out eventually. You won't always get the bad players on your team.

I think it'll balance out eventually. You won't always get the bad players on your team.

yeah, I mean that's the way the system should work.

But it's like less than 2 weeks until the season ends and at the moment it just feels like things are stacked against me. I had 2 great games today, but 3 shit games. Always seems to be balanced towards bad teams than good right now. Just hope it changes soon.

Leezard

That's great, I hope it will prove helpful!

Grinding games will even out the skill level of the teams, but duo play should indeed accelerate the process, especially if you can rely on your duo partner.

yeah, I mean that's the way the system should work.

But it's like less than 2 weeks until the season ends and at the moment it just feels like things are stacked against me. I had 2 great games today, but 3 shit games. Always seems to be balanced towards bad teams than good right now. Just hope it changes soon.

I don't think the end of the season is an accurate reflection on matchmaking. Everyone's trying to rank up and they're probably being boosted/smurfed/whatever.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I don't think the end of the season is an accurate reflection on matchmaking. Everyone's trying to rank up and they're probably being boosted/smurfed/whatever.
I feel like this is just one of the lies people tell themselves when they hit a wall.

Negaduck

KXnG1fs.jpg

me and type 2 wrecking those master/diamond botlanes.

thank you based rex-senpai for ganking for us

No love for my yolo ults?

Sofo

I feel like this is just one of the lies people tell themselves when they hit a wall.

Eh, one one of my placement matches one person had a smurf-whatever name and they played really well. They are definitely out there but most people I am finding seem to be around my same situation (doing placements before season ends etc.).

Though I get paired with many yolo "let's play top AD Blitz" and end up 0/9/0 so that's also part of the problem I feel.

6 matches to go @_@ spooky.

brian!

Something about Jinx's autoattacks is really pleasing to my ears lol. (Similar to how Vayne's sound so good)

Btw went in a bot game and I was all friendly like "hey guys any tips for Jinx?". And they told me to rush Bloodthirster after IE. I was like, shouldn't it be Statikk 2nd? And they were like no, that's for farm. I had heard that Statikk is also good vs tanks so I mentioned that and they said "wtf that's last whisper" and I'm like yeah... and dropped it.

Then I saw Vayne got Bloodthrister first item so I just followed what I saw on Probuilds. IE > Statikk > Bloodthirster.

;o

static second 4 sure, youmuu if ur feeling like but static is standard
if you get ie, you need more crit chance

Garen is a lot of fun. I had to top this last game and they picked Renekton. I googled Renekton counters and Garen was #1. Basically all you do is hit him with Q first and then spin at him so he can't dash away.

I love his Steel Legion skin, I really want that. Is it going on sale? 1350..damn, my limit is 975 for skins.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Garen is a lot of fun. I had to top this last game and they picked Renekton. I googled Renekton counters and Garen was #1. Basically all you do is hit him with Q first and then spin at him so he can't dash away.
The website you looked at for counters is full of misinformation. Renekton can queue a stun up before Garen comes in with silence to create distance or just trade/kill.

The website you looked at for counters is full of misinformation. Renekton can queue a stun up before Garen comes in with silence to create distance or just trade/kill.
Yeah he actually did that a couple times, stunned right when I silenced.

Is there any reliable site for counters? since championselect.net seems to be shit

Newt

That site haha.
rfGuNQ0.png

Yeah he actually did that a couple times, stunned right when I silenced.

Is there any reliable site for counters? since championselect.net seems to be shit
Just look at guides at lolking. Most have matchups.

Tizoc

How's Morde atm? Thinking of giving him another try in Mid.
...and why build Hextech Gunblade instead of Will of the Ancients on him? Is it because of the active?

Ferrio

Banned
How's Morde atm? Thinking of giving him another try in Mid.
...and why build Hextech Gunblade instead of Will of the Ancients on him? Is it because of the active?

Think morde same as he's always been. An asshole in lane, but has trouble being kited. I NEVER like fighting against morde, because I really don't know what the hell to do. I know I gotta somehow force him away from the creepline, but it never seems to work. Due to people rarely seeing him, I'm sure he could cleanup at lower elos.

Think morde same as he's always been. An asshole in lane, but has trouble being kited. I NEVER like fighting against morde, because I really don't know what the hell to do. I know I gotta somehow force him away from the creepline, but it never seems to work. Due to people rarely seeing him, I'm sure he could cleanup at lower elos.

Morde is after all #1.

Einbroch

Banned
The only use for that site to find out weird things that you can do to your advantage.

Like, for the Sivir/Cait thing, what Stone Ocean said is true. Stuff like Ez being able to E out of a Blitz hook, etc.

But the actual plus/minus thing is a joke.

Nekofrog

Banned
as sivir you get one ability on a 22 second cooldown (because you won't be maxing it in lane phase) to block one of Cait's 4 abilities; her piltover, her net, her trap, or her ult.

So every 22 seconds you'll get a chance to block a who cares ability from her, meanwhile you'll be taking autos without being able to do a whole lot about it.

HARD COUNTER

Ferrio

Banned
as sivir you get one ability on a 22 second cooldown (because you won't be maxing it in lane phase) to block one of Cait's 4 abilities; her piltover, her net, her trap, or her ult.

So every 22 seconds you'll get a chance to block a who cares ability from her, meanwhile you'll be taking autos without being able to do a whole lot about it.

HARD COUNTER

Cooldown Sivir.

Leezard

HARD COUNTER
Just max E for all that delicious mana

Tizoc

Cooldown Sivir.

Not worth it.
I mean yeah having to use her Q every 6-7 seconds sounds good, but if you're ahead and the enemy is scared shitless of you, you'll be landing it on them most of the time.

I remember that one game I got 19 kills as Sivir, I'd E most of Lux's abilities, except her ulti, even when I see it coming. I did use it against Kata 2 or 3 times which helped save my ass.

Blizzard

Banned
I think I once tried to look up counters on a LoL counter website, and Zilean was #1 to counter a bunch of different champions. I could only assume it was some sort of injoke for people to vote him up.

Nekofrog

Banned
was it zed?

because a lot of zeds cry vs a zilean matchup. he can never killean the zilean, and if he roams, ziliean can shove his lane back so fast and make him regret it pretty quick.

assuming zilean's botlane isn't dumb and doesn't disrespect the zed roam

Blizzard

Banned
was it zed?

because a lot of zeds cry vs a zilean matchup. he can never killean the zilean, and if he roams, ziliean can shove his lane back so fast and make him regret it pretty quick.

assuming zilean's botlane isn't dumb and doesn't disrespect the zed roam
I seem to recall several champions I looked up had a huge vote margin for Zilean as the best counter, so I don't think it was just Zed. I asked and someone said it was probably a joke.

Nekofrog

Banned
i get people to buy wards all the time

getting them to place them in the right places, or even at all, is the problem

like when i'm jungling yi, i buy wards for specific purposes. i'm level 5, about to hit 6, so you're damn sure i have a pink ward in my inventory and a green ward in my inventory so i can green ward for their jungler or midlane, and pink the dragon so i can solo it safely.

it's all about the type of vision you need for the objective you're planning on taking

of course sometimes i find myself like 50g short of a pink and say yolo and go for it. usually wind up dying but eh

Blizzard

Banned
My solo queue ranked profile now shows me as inactive, with a warning that inactive players will have LP decay.

Is the in-client message correct though? I thought they changed it so silver and gold would no longer have LP decay. I have also seen no popup warnings.

My solo queue ranked profile now shows me as inactive, with a warning that inactive players will have LP decay.

Is the in-client message correct though? I thought they changed it so silver and gold would no longer have LP decay. I have also seen no popup warnings.

you're inactive but you won't get decay if you're in bronze/silver/gold. if you're inactive in plat or higher you will decay.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
6-2 with Talon in team builder, pretty happy about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom