• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
http://i.imgur.com/FzlFWJj.jpg

Oh man, Blitz and Amumu on the same team? This could be a massacre. Amumu dominates down here.

Also, I haven't faced a Lissandra in a long time but I remember her wrecking me the last time.

This might take a herculean effort

busting out the haagen-dazs and watching this one.

ebola jokes in the first 30s, already this game does not disappoint.

drawkcaB

Well, they decoupled the damage + sustain from attack speed / damage and moved the damage to Smite plus monster buffs. Not sure how that's gonna help tank junglers especially on first clears though, given that the camps are tougher now.

It doesn't. The part of the equation riot is missing is that damage is mitigation. If I kill the jungle monster, I no longer take damage from it and I get the added bonus of being faster.

well gg :(

cSN43i8.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
It was unfortunate that Kog'maw was doing well early, but kept saying they had 800 ping later and unable to play. Lissandra said something similar later.

The Leona and Blitzcrank seemed to have good attitudes and were fun to watch. At one point they were both standing dancing in the jungle near each other, until someone else came up and Blitzcrank told Leona to run.

It was unfortunate that Kog'maw was doing well early, but kept saying they had 800 ping later and unable to play. Lissandra said something similar later.

The Leona and Blitzcrank seemed to have good attitudes and were fun to watch. At one point they were both standing dancing in the jungle near each other, until someone else came up and Blitzcrank told Leona to run.

Yeah that dance off was cute.

I dunno what Kog's deal was. He was yelling all game about stuff.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
http://i.imgur.com/agaayMQ.png

Nami
/nah-me/
I don't understand why people insist on building AP items on Nami when supporting. A frozen heart or early talisman and aegis is so much more useful then your spells doing 20% more damage. Supports in general seem to be neglecting the power of frozen heart.

I don't understand why people insist on building AP items on Nami when supporting. A frozen heart or early talisman and aegis is so much more useful then your spells doing 20% more damage. Supports in general seem to be neglecting the power of frozen heart.

garbage time purchase.

recorded it, so your sick 1v1s were recorded for posterity.

http://www.twitch.tv/pandagaf/b/584379329
pretty much silent until 14min when neko shows up.

he was definitely catching people off guard with those autos. when he 1v1'd cait in the river at first she was leaving then it was like something in her head clicked like, "wait, this is just TF" and went back in...then got hit with a crit and was like, "oh shit..."

recorded it, so your sick 1v1s were recorded for posterity.

http://www.twitch.tv/pandagaf/b/584379329
pretty much silent until 14min when neko shows up.
Just watched that all, it was fun. I'm surprised how clear the video is. It's almost as clear as the game.

Neko really wants me to lose and do bad.

he was definitely catching people off guard with those autos. when he 1v1'd cait in the river at first she was leaving then it was like something in her head clicked like, "wait, this is just TF" and went back in...then got hit with a crit and was like, "oh shit..."
Yeah I saw that too. I would've flashed and killed her if she kept running or put a trap.

Curse you, Heavy. I'm about to try out Twisted Fate. Going to give it a go on my nerf first, then on my main account.
the runes are really important
3x atk speed quints, 9x atk speed reds, 9x flat armor, 9x flat mr
get shiv first then IE, then botrk, then whisper

e: long sword + 3 pot start, build order r>e>w>q

jerd

the runes are really important
3x atk speed quints, 9x atk speed reds, 9x flat armor, 9x flat mr
get shiv first then IE, then botrk, then whisper

e: long sword + 3 pot start, build order r>e>w>q

If that's your rune setup I assume you're just trying to proc stacked deck as much as possible right? Why don't you just play him ap on hit instead with like nashors and junk? At least you'll actually scale then. Plus in all of your damage charts that I've looked at you deal pretty much half physical and half magic damage so its not likev you're melting people with your physical damage anyway

If that's your rune setup I assume you're just trying to proc stacked deck as much as possible right? Why don't you just play him ap on hit instead with like nashors and junk? At least you'll actually scale then. Plus in all of your damage charts that I've looked at you deal pretty much half physical and half magic damage so its not likev you're melting people with your physical damage anyway
Yeah, it's always a 60% phys and 40% ap damage split.

How would that work? Is there even enough AP + AS items for that build?

The crit strike from Shiv and Infin Edge is a big part of the damage. I dunno...

Another thing... the auto attacks do huge damage mid and late game so it's not just about proccing E.

Something like this? Nashor + Wit's End + ? I don't think there's enough

jerd

That's like 30% from your e, 30 from runes, 50 from nash and whatever wits end gives you. Just build ap after that. Then you could actually use wildcards and maybe be able to actually harass and farm a bit.

I don't see why it would be any worse than ad tbh.

That's like 30% from your e, 30 from runes, 50 from nash and whatever wits end gives you. Just build ap after that. Then you could actually use wildcards and maybe be able to actually harass and farm a bit.

I don't see why it would be any worse than ad tbh.
I'll give it a shot. You're right, the atk speed is basically the same...

Shiv + Botrk (infin edge and LW no atk speed)
vs.
Nash + Wits

Un-fucking-believable. Started my 3rd promo game and 5 minutes in my mouse loses battery. I'm thinking no big deal, I have another pair of Eneloops in the drawer. I put em in and the mouse doesn't fucking connect. I reboot my PC to see if it connects, nothing. I do it again, nothing. I try every single USB port on my PC, nothing. I go into the mouse settings program, nothing.

Finally I reboot a third time and for whatever reason when I switched USB ports BEFORE logging into Windows, it recognized it.

Too bad this was 20 minutes later. Holy crap, this is the worst mouse of all time. It also has a shitty middle mouse button that's too loose and it does this weird thing where it gets stuck on t he zoom button and keeps zooming in super fast and you have to spam all the buttons to make it back to normal.

Fuck you, Logitech wireless MX300. Never buying a Logitech product again.

Fuck my promos, I don't even care. I feel horrible about screwing my team over.

Btw, our team was up 30-21 when I finally reconnected, but it was too late as the enemy team had pushed all the way to our inhibs. So this was an easy win and promotion if not for this mouse.

Ferrio

Banned
Always check battery levels before playing. I usually put a fresh battery in whenever I queue for ranked for the first time in the day.

Yeah, this "mouse cursor not moving after putting in new batteries" is a new problem. Just bad luck. Feel awful for my team. Wasted 40 minutes of their time and lost them points/possible promo.

Ferga

jungle brand, skarner support.

I'm on the edge of afking this draft game

And just got 4 man ganked at bot level 1

jerd

That game sounds amazing

Games like those are what remind me to never take this game seriously. You just ride that clusterfuck wave

Ferga

Through all this im 4/3/3

And our team only has 8 kills. Yeah I think i'm going to afk for the 2nd time on this account in over 5000 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom