• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

clemenx

Banned
Just had the worst game ever. I had to buy sightstone as ADC because my support decided to sell it to buy a shiny new Rabadon's. Lasted an hour and we were getting picked off on our own jungle left and right, untilI started warding more. The other team got a couple of baron's without us knowing I don't know how they didn't win real fast. On top of no vision we had a Talon who always splitpushed without wards, he died like 25 times. We won because they had a DC.

Vision is important ppl! -_-

drawkcaB

Lulu is just bad at everything.

Still tops at eating all things purple.

I wish I could play Lulu support confidently again. Riot said they didn't want to gut her as a support and that's exactly what they did. Leezard was spot on when he said she has lots of different tools but all had to be tuned such that she's not ace in any of them. Be nice if they took something out of her kit entirely and refocused her.

What is engage and disengage situation as a support?

Engage: I want to get on top of the enemy to initiate a trade

Disengage: I want the enemy off of me to stop the trade

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I have a week to get to gold and Im sitting at -3 lp.

I've got nothing to lose now!

GIF-Light-Yagami-s-Evil-Laugh-Death-Note-anime-35890756-320-180.gif

Sofo

Speaking of which, today I had a Twitch that not only was he the epitome of childish (getting angry in all-chat vs other ADC) but insisted on killing Janna (going past Lucian...) when he was down 2 kills already... and dying attempting to may I add.

At one point we are getting ganked by Lee Sin. I bubble him and instead of retreating, Twitch goes all the way past river to try to get Janna. When I asked him why (honestly, not rethorical "why.") he said he hated Janna more than Blitzcrank.

So yeah, no matter how much disengage you have, if your ADC is a complete moron, he will engage even in subpar situations (and he will die).

Pd. "nice luck runes" he said a couple of times to Lucian/Janna. orz

Leezard

I guess Sona is a disengage champ?

I have seen some jannas flash and use their R to push their enemies to her allies and you can cancel her R to help them, thats pretty sick to use it in TF and separate key enemies.
Sona's ult is mostly used as an engage tool, though it can be used for disengage.

Indeed, Janna's ult is versatile.

Bacon

EA's Dawngate MOBA is shutting down.

Dunno if anyone here tried it out. I see a lot of other mobas going this way. I don't think there is room in the market for more than 2 or 3 mobas, because of how much time you need to put into one of them to get competent.

Talents

Banned
So this is actually gonna be my first end of season while playing Leagues. What exactly will happen on November 11th when the season ends, will everyone instantly get their rewards of will you not get it until season 5 gets released?

Newt

So this is actually gonna be my first end of season while playing Leagues. What exactly will happen on November 11th when the season ends, will everyone instantly get their rewards of will you not get it until season 5 gets released?
If I remember correctly, rewards were instant the next day.

drawkcaB

Dunno if anyone here tried it out. I see a lot of other mobas going this way. I don't think there is room in the market for more than 2 or 3 mobas, because of how much time you need to put into one of them to get competent.

At least not traditional top-down MOBAs. There's still some space left for games like Awesomenauts, Smite, and that Gearbox FPS MOBA.

Leezard

EA does not have the commitment for a long term game such as a MOBA, it seems.

brian!

dam a mechanic that gives up auto cancelling u crazy for this one riot
she seems rlly mobile but only when fighting
this kinda makes me want to play dota more tho

o you can proc her passive off her q that's weird
o wait im looking at the video and she cancelling

dam really into the idea of releasing a screaming buddy
ult looks rlly cool too

Einbroch

Banned
WhyRenektonWhy validated.

She's pretty boring, honestly. Look, a skillshot spear toss. Unique. An ADC with a vision ability. Never see that. Her E is kinda cool, but it's just another Gnar/Vayne stack ability on a short ranged champion. Her ult is kinda cool, but turns her into an ADC engager.

She seems more like a top, honestly. Like Quinn or Gnar, but then that makes her passive pretty useless. Seems like a mess of a champion.

Bacon

The potential for griefage seems pretty high with that ult.

*Grabs teemo with 50 health, throws him at enemy team*

jerd

Some cool stuff in her kit but holy shit her base stats had better be really low with that passive. Does riot just think kiting/attack moving is too hard?

And I think the grabbed teammate actually uses the ability and chooses the direction of the dash right?

Edit: Also, do we have some kind of a straw poll set up for who the first gaffer to refer to Kalista as "waifu" is?

Neol

I'm assuming this soul pact item can only be used once with only one champion?

Gonna suck if your support DC's or decides to never be around you.

Einbroch

Banned
That passive is good...until you're in a lane against anyone with a pull or a hard engage, since you don't constantly move. And with her likely short range...yeesh.

Yeah, I stand by my "I don't think she'll be very good" stance unless her numbers are bonkers.

Leezard

Kalista seems interesting. I'll have to see her properly ingame to judge better, but her passive gives her a unique flavor, together with the soul link.

The potential for griefage seems pretty high with that ult.

*Grabs teemo with 50 health, throws him at enemy team*

You can't throw him. Teemo himself decides which direction to go.

Bacon

Some cool stuff in her kit but holy shit her base stats had better be really low with that passive. Does riot just think kiting/attack moving is too hard?

And I think the grabbed teammate actually uses the ability and chooses the direction of the dash right?

The wording makes it sound that way. Cool ability.

Looks like Riot is unfortunately continuing on the path of creating gimmicky champions with kits that will either be way too powerful or underpowered, and inevitably create a bunch of bugs.

They should be looking at the game itself and saying "what have we never done before, that will also spice up the meta and force people to look at and play the game in a new way?"

Very few of the new champions really do this.

Skux

Well the thrown character has to agree to be soul bound, so they opt into being thrown at the enemy.

Looks like a champ with infinite Lucian E dashes, Sejuani's E, and Spooky Ghosts as an ability.

The ult seems pretty good if you lack an initiator. But anyone tanky that you would throw at the enemy already functions as an initator :s

And now every champ has a knockup for Yasuo to use! Synergy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom