• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nev

Banned
Unattractive female champion with small boobs? I approve. Her kit looks interesting too. I love how Riot keeps making more complex kits (with zero autotarget bullshit) instead of simpler and keeps making the game harder instead of dumbing it down like other succesful games did. I mean compare this new one, Gnar and Azir to Annie, Yi or Ryze.

Good job Rito, we're close to finally making autoattacks skillshots and become the best and only moba.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
mMXpjb1.gif

LAUNCH ME, DOMON!

The bolded will force a gimmick, so yay?

So gimmicks then

Game has over 120 characters, doing something new requires new mechanics

New mechanics make sense, but this permanently bonded shit? Controlling sand soldiers?

It adds nothing to do the game. Who the hell is going to build a team and strategy around something like Azir's turrets?

A gimmick is something that on paper seems ridiculous or impossible to balance correctly because it either offers too much utility or none at all without being OP.

Unattractive female champion with small boobs.

This is nice, however. Too bad we needed a dead chick to get that.

New mechanics make sense, but this permanently bonded shit? Controlling sand soldiers?

It adds nothing to do the game. Who the hell is going to build a team and strategy around something like Azir's turrets?

A gimmick is something that on paper seems ridiculous or impossible to balance correctly because it either offers too much utility or none at all without being OP.
It adds new strategies and choices. Do you give your spear to your support and have stronger laning or do you give it to your jungler so when you hit 6 you can pull him like Thresh and fuck shit up? Giving the spear to an assassin and using the ult to reposition him after he kills someone?

Who the hell is going to build a strategy around Azir's turrets? I don't know, who is going to do stuff like double support comps or sending adcs alone and having bruisers lane 2v2?

Fuck if I know, but the tool is there, if people come up with comps for it great, if they don't it's a fun mechanic for solo Q, win win. Draven Q was the same but it made a champion that plays like no other, how does that not add anything to the game?

Nev

Banned
Kalista was designed by CertainlyT.

It all makes sense. His champions are so outside the "meta" of champions that they're incredibly difficult to balance. See: Zed, Thresh, Yasuo.

Zed and Thresh are awesome champions. Yasuo could be as well if only his dash mechanic wasn't a fucking joke and he had some resource management. His Q is one of the most well-thought spells in the game imo and should be made the standard melee attack for everyone.

You play too much smite nev

I'm not playing much of it currently actually. I'd like autoattacks to become some kind of Irelia ult / Ezreal Q / Urgot Q. The only problem I see is the minion collision but I'm sure it could be sorted out.

Jeff-DSA

I want to bind with Katarina while having a big AOE stun champ in the combo like Amumu and then right as they all get stunned, unleash Katarina to kill 'em all before it gets started.

V_Arnold

GUYS

GUYS

GUYS

Dat feeling when you sit in the bush beneath Top with Sion Jungle, on a fully charged Q, watching as Amumu is RIGHT about to walk into the bush, on its way towards his "ganking" place.

Imagine that happening TWICE.

In ranked.

Blizzard

Banned
I want to bind with Katarina while having a big AOE stun champ in the combo like Amumu and then right as they all get stunned, unleash Katarina to kill 'em all before it gets started.
Amumu ult stops movement and attacks, but doesn't prevent people from using non-movement spells and abilities, right? So they could still theoretically use those to stop Katarina.

Tizoc

GUYS

GUYS

GUYS

Dat feeling when you sit in the bush beneath Top with Sion Jungle, on a fully charged Q, watching as Amumu is RIGHT about to walk into the bush, on its way towards his "ganking" place.

Imagine that happening TWICE.

In ranked.

WEBMs or it never happened :V

NEW SKINS

Safecracker Evelynn
Bloodmoon Kalista
Battlecast Kog'Maw
Batlecast Alpha Skarner
Constable Trundle
Pickpocket Twitch
Captain Volibear

HOLY MOLLY

Anyway, 10 game ranked streak ended on a 4vs5, a 100% 4vs5...our Cait was afk the whole game. Won the second game in the promo. Now it's the third one in about an hour. I'll probably lose but whatever.

drawkcaB

Gimme that Skarner skin right goddamn now!

Def getting Captain Volibear for the ridiculousness of it. Captain Trundle is a bit disappointing, but I'll buy it anyways. I feel like "guy with giant club" should have more skin ideas available to him that what Riot's been showing. Like where's mah Toddler Trundle smacking people with his giant rattle.

Nekofrog

Banned
just when i thought i was nearing the end of my RP purchasing days

and they release an awesome Volibear skin.

i don't even play volibear

i'm going to buy it

stop me guys

help me pls

itchy

tasty

bidguy

Banned
noob question, how much impact does 1 afk teammate have on the rest of the match if hes gone after 5 mins ?

just had an amazing match but still lost. had 1 afk fizz, the others didnt do very well anyways but im curious

edit: weird wording, im asking how much harder it gets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom