• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Needs more waifus.
Let's welcome our latest addition

tumblr_nekn81KUEq1qfe9t2o1_500.jpg

brian!

yah inhouses should be chillwave, but ppl shouldnt be salty if they arent like pretty equal, thats rlly rlly hard to achieve

thats why im always like, if ppl can play stuff they are comfortable with, like at the beginning at least, that's probably the best we can get and it's not so bad either

Jeff-DSA

I'll play inhouse, should said inhouse ever occur again.

If I can't get into a match, I'll happily join the peanut gallery.

Blizzard

Banned
Yeah, I agree with this. As long as someone is listening and communicating with the team, I have no problems playing with them.

I'm not one to single anyone out, but it can be frustrating. I feel like I got trolled or something after a match. I understand how Kayos feels.
You really need to play in an inhouse and get that wakeup call.
I think it's fair to say you sometimes single people out, both on here and Mumble.

I also feel like I'm being trolled sometimes when I read posts by you, or when I read stuff you say in the GAF chat, like when you were talking about laughing about the ISIS comparison, or when you brag about not being banned for the stuff you do in ranked. That's just weird.

I don't want to annoy teammates, and I actively feel bad if I'm in a premade or inhouse and do badly. I don't like letting people down. I do apologize where I've made mistakes or acted obnoxious in the past. I've tried to slowly get better about being less annoying. The last time I played with you, I was second pick, but you still banned my best champion (Maokai, that I always posted screenshots about) even though I was on your team. I don't know if that was on purpose, but it made me feel extra bad about playing badly following that.

I'm not the only one who feels this way. Newt's not the only one. Even Fallen was like "let's give this guy a chance" before the game and proceeded to say "fuck this. Never playing with this fucking guy again" after ONE match. I can tolerate most levels. Summons is on a level I cannot tolerate.
Fallen? As in, Fallen Hero? As in, that guy whose team I was on for the tournament earlier this year?

We got along okay and did pretty well. If you mean a different Fallen, I'm not sure who.

I'd prefer not to bring up things that happened what, 1-2 years ago, or more? But if you insist on carrying this onwards, I will say this: kayos90 stopped playing with virtually everyone from lolgaf a while back, and might have quit the game enitrely for a while. For anyone who hasn't been on a team where he was on voicechat, what little I remember is that he was one of the most abusive players I have been on voicechat with, particularly to anyone in the lane such as a support (kayos mained ADC). Disclaimer, I hardly ever played with Ghost on voicechat for comparison. In terms of harassing teammates, getting upset, or blaming poor performance/mistakes on others, as far as I can remember kayos was outstanding.

I fully acknowledge I've been annoying sometimes over the last two years, and I've stopped using voicechat and tried to change my own habits. But if you're suggesting there weren't other problems, or that Fallen never played with me again, I would say those things are simply not true.

I'm trying to avoid personal attacks, so please let me know if I am out of line and I'll edit. I think this is unfortunately on-topic if things years old are being dredged up.

Ocho

Don't know why some guys are scared of joining inhouses. We all suck, anyway.

Also, I've only had pleasant experiences with Summons/Blizzard, I keep telling people to invite and no one wants. :(

brian!

steve ive got a bunch of ppl who need ur coaching now
also do u guys ever play the custom games

summons newt def wasnt going after you with the maokai ban, it's a pretty standard thing to ban, and I don't think anyone here would do something malicious like that unless we are banning against kiunch but hes asking for it

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I"m going to write a fucking essay when I get home as to why playing with Summons is sheer madness and insanity. I played with you last in the past 6 months ago and it was still pretty fucking terrible. Good on you that you played with Fallen on a team. You might be mechanically good. From what I experienced you're still a shitty teammate.

you guys should honestly keep the personal shit to PMs or something. Wouldn't want to see people banned for something dumb (I know that feeling)

it ain't worth it.

brian!

I"m going to write a fucking essay when I get home as to why playing with Summons is sheer madness and insanity. I played with you last in the past 6 months ago and it was still pretty fucking terrible. Good on you that you played with Fallen on a team. You might be mechanically good. From what I experienced you're still a shitty teammate.

yo you really dont need to do that
if you dont like playing with someone just avoid them

kayos90

you guys should honestly keep the personal shit to PMs or something. Wouldn't want to see people banned for something dumb (I know that feeling)

it ain't worth it.

It's not even a matter of personal thing. It's a thing that points to why there was an issue with players interacting with each other period.

kayos90

I'm all for stupid champions/builds in inhouses.

I'm fine with this if it's established in the beginning that we're going to do our own shit.

yo you really dont need to do that
if you dont like playing with someone just avoid them

I think it's a problem that needs to be addressed. People need to be able to have conversations about the game and if it's not possible then that shit needs to be addressed.

It's not even a matter of personal thing. It's a thing that points to why there was an issue with players interacting with each other period.

I dunno, you saying you would play with anyone but summons and bringing up others' opinion of him seemed honestly kinda uncalled for and pretty personal and you "writing an essay" about him is totally a personal thing

kayos90

I dunno, you saying you would play with anyone but summons and bringing up others' opinion of him seemed honestly kinda uncalled for and pretty personal and you "writing an essay" about him is totally a personal thing

Summons exemplifies a certain set of actions both in and outside of games that's not to the benefit of the game, the community, the interactions and discussions being held as a whole. The problem can be addressed and be used to mend issues that may or may not be occurring as a whole.

steve ive got a bunch of ppl who need ur coaching now
also do u guys ever play the custom games

summons newt def wasnt going after you with the maokai ban, it's a pretty standard thing to ban, and I don't think anyone here would do something malicious like that unless we are banning against kiunch but hes asking for it
custom games arent 100% still

it takes a bit of effort and its not one click like it should be

there was a lot of headway and then nothing but it's probably coming in the next update

i can play with people all day

brian!

no man
this idea that you can "show" someone whatever they are doing, have them magically recognize this, and fall into lockstep is one of the bad things about this game

kayos90

no man
this idea that you can "show" someone whatever they are doing, have them magically recognize this, and fall into lockstep is one of the bad things about this game

Learning is part of the game. If multiple give advice and it's not being digested and a person keeps making those mistakes, it's extremely frustrating.They don't even have to fix it. Just accept and work towards it.

brian!

i believe wholeheartedly that summons is doing the best that he can and that a lot of ppls frustration with him have to do with expectations he is unable to fulfill

i dont think there was a lack of ppl trying to explain or tell him why they are frustrated at him, like there has been a dearth of information about that kind of thing, and I don't think that a list of grievances would be anything but negative but i mean you do you

kayos90

i believe wholeheartedly that summons is doing the best that he can and that a lot of ppls frustration with him have to do with expectations he is unable to fulfill

i dont think there was a lack of ppl trying to explain or tell him why they are frustrated at him, like there has been a dearth of information about that kind of thing, and I don't think that a list of grievances would be anything but negative but i mean you do you

You want me to back off? Fine. But that's only because I respect you and Costi as a figurehead of the community. However, this doesn't discount that there are problems that persist even this day and age.

You want me to back off? Fine. But that's only because I respect you and Costi as a figurehead of the community. However, this doesn't discount that there are problems that persist even this day and age.

if you have problems with him, reach out to him in a PM on GAF or League and try and hash it out.

like closer said, airing a list of grievances in the thread doesn't really accomplish anything other than make people feel like shit and awkward

how can I be a figurehead if I'm still not gold

also this thread has been great for procrastinating today but I should really write this 2000 word essay on Nemesis by Chalmers Johnson

I mean it's basically just 281 pages of "yo fuck Bush, fuck the CIA, fuck everyone in America" but still

Ferrio

Banned
how can I be a figurehead if I'm still not gold

also this thread has been great for procrastinating today but I should really write this 2000 word essay on Nemesis by Chalmers Johnson

I mean it's basically just 281 pages of "yo fuck Bush, fuck the CIA, fuck everyone in America" but still

lol1

kayos90

if you have problems with him, reach out to him in a PM on GAF or League and try and hash it out.

like closer said, airing a list of grievances in the thread doesn't really accomplish anything other than make people feel like shit and awkward

I don't need to hash anything out. I've tried numerous times and it's been passive aggressive every time. I don't need shit trauma in my life.

I will say this much though. If multiple players give advice, accept it and move on.

Jeff-DSA

I have only lost one game this week and it was due to an intentional feeder and rage quitting. So do I get to skip Gold and move up to Platinum yet?

Never mind that I've only played 9 games. That's not important right now. Heavy should be pleased, however, I'm 5-0 with TF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom