• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Negaduck

Not a fan of removing negatron cloak. I buy that defensively because it builds into spirit visage or a GA if I need.

It's never been the case of one or the other with hexdrinker or spirit visage if its a heavy ap comp I build both.

Just buying negatron itself helps lane sustainability a lot and make a tough ap matchup managble. Just the little sissy cloak doesn't make the difference required unless they plan to really adjust recipes or the power.

I mean if everything gets adjusted to make up for it but I would like to spend 700g and still get the defense that I got previously.

Usually when I play tanky, around 700g I look to push the lane hard to go back and get the defensive advantage each game.

Nekofrog

Banned
eh

not too worried about negatron being gone

i mean yeah it does hurt but i've found that bruisers (or at least irelia) only need to build MR booties and then they can trade favorably with ap top mages.

but maybe that's just because irelia is strong

Negaduck

eh

not too worried about negatron being gone

i mean yeah it does hurt but i've found that bruisers (or at least irelia) only need to build MR booties and then they can trade favorably with ap top mages.

but maybe that's just because irelia is strong

Yeah irelia it's not an issue really, but for like Garen/sion/shyv etc it helps a lot.

Leezard

Yes. YES. I never got into it on the PC, but the Vita? Holy noots this game is addicting.
OMG YES FINALLY A REMAKE OF AN OLD GAME ON A HANDHELD YESYEYSYSYSYSYYSS.

No.
Einbroch said:
Bring it. I can understand being excited, but damn. It's a remake. On a handheld. That we pretty much knew was coming.

/shrug

Maybe I'm just a cynical fuck.

In all seriousness, BoI:Rebirth is great.

jerd

She seems really weird. I'm sure people who are good with her will be annoying as fuck, but isn't kind of weird for her to not have a damage or aspd steroid? Or is that what her W acts as?

drawkcaB

She seems really weird. I'm sure people who are good with her will be annoying as fuck, but isn't kind of weird for her to not have a damage or aspd steroid? Or is that what her W acts as?

When I put on my fancy glasses and whipped out my excel spreadsheet, the numbers achievable on Q-W-E are kinda disgusting. She's like Lucian, Ez, and Varus. Steroids aren't necessary/minor to how they function.

bidguy

Banned
just got absolutely destroyed by an unranked player with 1600 normal wins

whats the deal with that ? why not jump into ranked after all those matches ?

Quenk

Eh... I wasn't considering it a steroid because it was applying every auto. I normally think of a steroid as something I can use to boost the next x autos.

drawkcaB

nah man all those champs have steroids and it's pretty important to how they function

Suppose that depends on what you consider a steroid? I dunno, I don't think Lucian's Q counts. Like, I wouldn't count Sona's passive as a steroid even though it serves the same purpose (bonus AA damage triggered by ability usage). Varus' passive is nice, but I don't think it's core to how he functions. I don't play Ez, but his builds going back to S2 never struck me as massively benefitting from his steroid.

I'm probably just being too strict in my own definition, actually. Nevermind.

Ashe doesn't have any steroid (her passive gives her burst, not dps). Corki's passive was a huge steroid back when it scaled with crit, but now it's main use is easy cs-ing. Still multiplies the effectiveness of bonus AD/AS though.

brian!

Suppose that depends on what you consider a steroid? I dunno, I don't think Lucian's Q counts. Like, I wouldn't count Sona's passive as a steroid even though it serves the same purpose (bonus AA damage triggered by ability usage). Varus' passive is nice, but I don't think it's core to how he functions. I don't play Ez, but his builds going back to S2 never struck me as massively benefitting from his steroid.

I'm probably just being too strict in my own definition, actually. Nevermind.

yeah we might have diff definitions of it
to me tho the atspd ez and varus get are both pretty important, and lucian's usage of his passive is pretty important too

Arment

just got absolutely destroyed by an unranked player with 1600 normal wins

whats the deal with that ? why not jump into ranked after all those matches ?

I have 500+ wins with a positive win ratio and I'm unranked.

To be honest I don't want to deal with the anxiety of losing a ranked match because someone trolling or leaving or something. I lose a normal, whatevs. I lose a ranked game like that and I'd probably be pretty mad. It happens so much to me in normals. Almost started up ranked a couple weeks ago to get the rewards but ended up playing more normals.

Negaduck

I have 500+ wins with a positive win ratio and I'm unranked.

To be honest I don't want to deal with the anxiety of losing a ranked match because someone trolling or leaving or something. I lose a normal, whatevs. I lose a ranked game like that and I'd probably be pretty mad. It happens so much to me in normals. Almost started up ranked a couple weeks ago to get the rewards but ended up playing more normals.

I never really understood this, to me a match is a match, if I lose oh well. I've personally never gotten that from a ranked game.

Tournament matches though I do get a bit of the Chris jitters

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
dev blog on itemisation in the new season

I really disagree with removing Negatron from the game. Top lane mages are going to become even more dominant. Good luck trying to lane against Ryze/Rumble/Lulu etc. when the only MR component item is a Null Magic Mantle.

MR itemisation already sucks as it is.
I almost missed this because I had to skip over everything in this thread. Really good change.

I almost missed this because I had to skip over everything in this thread. Really good change.

curious as to why you think this. I like cloth building into chain vest, but I'm really unsure about the removal of negatron cloak.

Just seems like MR itemisation options are being made worse.

sleepykyo

dev blog on itemisation in the new season

I really disagree with removing Negatron from the game. Top lane mages are going to become even more dominant. Good luck trying to lane against Ryze/Rumble/Lulu etc. when the only MR component item is a Null Magic Mantle.

MR itemisation already sucks as it is.

That does seem strange. Like the build out of a starter item doesn't seem like negatron cloak should be removed, but rather it should be possible to upgrade a null magic mantle into a negatron cloak instead of a hexdrinker/merc boot.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
curious as to why you think this. I like cloth building into chain vest, but I'm really unsure about the removal of negatron cloak.

Just seems like MR itemisation options are being made worse.
I like the opening for magic resistance coming at a low cost. If you really felt the need to flat stack MR you could go double mantle into Mercs+Spectre's. As things are now the bump between Negatron and its later build path options doesn't really feel pronounced. I don't feel like the defensive disadvantage is very pronounced by Negatron being removed, and these defensive changes do a great job to clean up some of the unnecessary item overlap. Cowl is honestly so cheap that I don't feel like this sort of change enables Ryze.

Agreed. Negatrons are 720 gold, that's a lot of gold to farm when you're getting shit on by a Ryze and friends. Having recipes use multiple Mantles lets you do smaller purchases without wasting money by stacking stuff you won't need.

Korten

Banned
Jesus Christ this match...

8lhb.png

Our nexus was exposed multiple times. I'm pretty sure we spent like 20 min just defending our base. The enemy team got 2 barons... We kept saying gg multiple times... But the plays... Then our team just got stupid strong (Syndra and Shaco could like 2 hit Lucian) and since we got a near ace (only one left alive was the Janna who could do jack shit.) I just tanked 2 turrets and we won the game... so tense...

I never really understood this, to me a match is a match, if I lose oh well. I've personally never gotten that from a ranked game.

For me, ranked is another level of play compared teambuilder you cant do mistakes or forget to ward your own lane and dont get killed by defending a nearly death tower. Also you find more chatty persons in TB compared to ranked where you can find a a persons who feeds the enemy team if you do a mistake in 1 of 5 matches

Things get serious if your team starting to die more than 4 times and you dont get any kills on your lane, then they descend to your lane and the snowballing beings.

Korten

Banned
Seems the custom skin for the new summoners rift is broken on Patch 4.19, makes it so the fog of war only appears on the mini map and the actual map is all dark.

Ferga

I suffer from this ranked anxiety thing but then I realise playing ranked gives me time to laugh at dumbasses.

Sigh and groan a lot too. Thats always fun.

Bacon

All these new splashes are confusing the shit out of me. It was easy to decipher when they were doing one or two at a time but now they just threw like ten in at once and my feeble brain can't handle it.

How is the ff. on PBE jungle? Diana, Volibear, Tryndamere, Sejuani, Brand (lol)

I got IP to burn. Leaning towards either Diana or Tryn, but Volibear's getting the new best skin ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom