• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends World Championships 2015 |OCT 1-OCT 31|

Mugsy

Out of interest, if a game is pointless (ex. both teams already have no chance of continuing) is it still played?

Also in case of a tie that does matter how is it resolved?

idlewild_

Out of interest, if a game is pointless (ex. both teams already have no chance of continuing) is it still played?

3rd place in group gets more money than 4th, so they will still play.

In case of a tie that matters they play a tiebreaking game. So if FW had lost and CLG beat Pain there would've been one more tiebreaking game between CLG and FW. At least that's how it's been before.

PAzl2nW.png

KuGsj.gif

Amazing performance today by the Flash Wolves, and Maple in particular. Doubt he is allowed Leblanc in their knockout match though, especially on red side.

KOO Tigers and EDG are (likely) going to be second seeds in the QFs so there might be some big variation for the top seeds depending on how lucky they get. Could be Korea's year to see two of their teams draw each other in the QFs.

Leezard

Time for CLG to import a European mid laner for next split. :^)

Unprofessional at the worst.

I hope Riot drops him from all future analyst desks.

He voted against CLG, people shat on him, and it turns out he was right.

Doublelift's "tomato canyon" quip was worse than Yamato's tweet, even though both are playful.

OqGkXQC.png

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Tomorrow's games are mostly shit too besides EDG vs. SKT sadly.

Doublelift's "tomato canyon" quip was worse than Yamato's tweet, even though both are playful.

OqGkXQC.png

Who cares about what Doublelift said. Amazing said the same thing.

Riot is hiring this guy to be on the analyst desk. He is representing Riot right now, and he's doing a poor job of it.

He should get ripped to shreds, and he did. Crying all over youtube and reddit saying he's sorry for his shit analysis. Now he does this like some angry child getting some revenge?

Time for CLG to import a European mid laner for next split. :^)

OqGkXQC.png

Players are going to do this and as long as Doublelift isn't super out of line, it's not that bad. I think it falls on YamatoCannon to be the bigger person here though given that he's at worlds as an analyst. I don't agree that he should be fired at all, but it feels a bit unprofessional. It's not a huge deal, I think he just should've left it alone.

Edited: Made some wording changes to change the tone to match my feelings.

killatopak

Gold Member
Nah. I don't think he did anything bad. He analyzed stuff and said it. If you told me FW would get 1st seed a week ago, I would laugh my ass off and tell you you're crazy but upsets happen and it shows just how even worlds is.

Leezard

Mg8aoly.png

Riot is hiring this guy to be on the analyst desk. He is representing Riot right now, and he's doing a poor job of it.

He should get ripped to shreds, and he did. Crying all over youtube and reddit saying he's sorry for his shit analysis. Now he does this like some angry child getting some revenge?

I don't particularly like him on the analyst desk either, but let his quality on the desk make him lose or keep his status rather than this tweet. The tweet is not a big deal.

Except he didn't, he was very clear that he wasn't sorry about his analysis as he should be, regardless of being a dick or not.

Call him out for being wrong - even though he was right in the end - or for being a douche on the desk but there's nothing unprofessional about saying "I told you so" after being told by the community to fuck off.

I don't like him on the analyst desk either, but let his quality on the desk make him lose or keep his status rather than this tweet. The tweet is not a big deal.

If you're employed by Riot, you don't make those kinds of tweets to any player ever.

Except he didn't, he was very clear that he wasn't sorry about his analysis as he should be.

Call him out for being wrong - even though he was right in the end - or for being a douche on the desk but there's nothing unprofessional about saying "I told you so" after being told by the community to fuck off.

And about 0-6 C9? Or Origen not making it out? Yeah he should get the fuck off.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Those tweets are just for fun and no one is getting fired for them jesus guys...

If you're employed by Riot, you don't make those kinds of tweets to any player ever.

You know who else was thinking C9 and OG would blow up? Hint: everyone

Calm your tatas, even shit analysts should say exactly what they think, I don't want Riot censoring opinions and minor stings. Should we get Crumbzz out of the analyst desk for the boat joke too?

Leezard

Reasonable predictions at the time. The only controversial opinion was CLG not getting out, and he was right on that one.

Top Bottom