• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends World Championships 2015 |OCT 1-OCT 31|

I wonder if it's more preferable being first or second.

Not knowing the performance of C9 and Origen makes it hard. C9 being first is more likely than Origen being first since Group B is all 1-2.

Come on guys, they were playing champs that they wanted to because it was fun. Can't really take anything from that last game.

I didn't watch but that just sounds fucking stupid. I played sports all my life and in HS there were times when we were eliminated from playoffs contention so the games was basically meaningless. However we still didn't dick around. Show some class and respect to the game, your fans, your organization your, opponent and most importantly yourself as a competitor and play it out. TSM did the same shit against mineski or whatever wildcard team it was. This is how i know esports isnt there yet the lack of professionalism is still so prevalent. I hope their coach drills them hard for this shit. Just because you can't make it out of groups you don't dick around like this.

I didn't watch but that just sounds fucking stupid. I played sports all my life and in HS there were times when we were eliminated from playoffs contention so the games was basically meaningless. However we still didn't dick around. Show some class and respect to the game, your fans, your organization your, opponent and most importantly yourself as a competitor and play it out. TSM did the same shit against mineski or whatever wildcard team it was. This is how i know esports isnt there yet the lack of professionalism is still so prevalent. I hope their coach drills them hard for this shit. Just because you can't make it out of groups you don't dick around like this.
If you have nothing to gain then have fun and give your fans a show with weird shit. No one wants to try hard just for the sake of it, the mental stress isn't worth it specially when the match shouldn't exist.

They tweeted it was going to be a fun game before the match with their coach tweeting just before that.

Type2

Tomorrow's games look kind of boring, might just catch the first game.
Yeah there is nothing on the line in that group except the skt vs edg rivalry. There were no upsets last week and there shouldn't be any this week either. Maybe h2k will cook up some fun drafts.

What do you think will happen next split? Double did want to retire and I'm not sure aphro will continue playing.
Speaking of aphro it's really sad to see him choke this hard at worlds.
The true Cinderella story is c9 for na.

Aphro and Double retire
Xmithie gets cut for Huhi
CLG rebuilds around Zion and Pob

Doublelift is one of my favs but it's not a horrible thing to retire after getting to Worlds. That was like his dream wasn't it? He can just hangout on the analyst desk now.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
What do you think will happen next split? Double did want to retire and I'm not sure aphro will continue playing.
Speaking of aphro it's really sad to see him choke this hard at worlds.
The true Cinderella story is c9 for na.

Doublelift wanted to retire because he hadn't won anything, MSG changed that. Aphro and Double have no reason to retire at this point because of a poor showing at worlds. They are still top performers in the NA region and will probably still be top 3 next year.

I don't see DL retiring at all. He's young, he can stay in the LCS no problem, he doesn't give a shit about criticism and CLG sounds like the chillest organization in competitive League, to a fault really.

zkylon

zkylewd
I don't see DL retiring at all. He's young, he can stay in the LCS no problem, he doesn't give a shit about criticism and CLG sounds like the chillest organization in competitive League, to a fault really.
I dunno about chill, what with pretty much all their players leaving in not great terms(saint voyboy seraph nien link)

It sounds anything but chill to me

I dunno about chill, what with pretty much all their players leaving in not great terms(saint voyboy seraph nien link)

It sounds anything but chill to me
Chill as in they don't really give a shit about anything and just go with the flow. I'm not complimenting them lol, but basically my point is DL doesn't have to worry about stuff like getting benched since Hotshot has no backbone unless it's vs a top laner.

Elfstruck

rofl chill

did he personally offend u by thinking what everyone was thinking before worlds lmao

Meh I couldn't care less about C9. But he get on my nerve when he was trying to make a joke about 0-6 without offering any analysis whatsoever. When asked about LGD or IG's inconsistencies, he was like ''Hmm, they have up and down''.....

Ledhead

Tomorrow's games look real boring. BKT games have so far just been one-sided stomps. First game should be good, the rest not so much

If you have nothing to gain then have fun and give your fans a show with weird shit. No one wants to try hard just for the sake of it, the mental stress isn't worth it specially when the match shouldn't exist.

Well now I know for sure why I don't consider this shit a sport. It's a fucking joke to anyone who has ever played traditional sports. It doesn't matter it's a respect thing to yourself, fans and your organization. I know I'm being harsh and all these guys are young but please grow the fuck up just a little bit. I thought I saw progress when they finally got chewed out for showing up to team meetings and breakfast late but I guess they are still kids. It's bad enough you guys look like a bunch of idiots to outsiders who don't follow E-Sports, but at least to yourself show some maturity. Like ESPN is try their damn hardest to push E-Sports. People are trying to help you create a sustainable career playing fucking video games for Christ sakes. I just would like for these guys to put more effort into this. I find it fucking embarrassing... if they tried their hardest and lost to Pain then so be it. And you're also disrespecting PAIN by playing like a bunch of jack asses. At least show your opponent some respect so if Pain wins they deserve the praise that go with it. Now people will just say "Oh Pain won cause CLG dick around." which is a disservice to Pain and their organization.

Well now I know for sure why I don't consider this shit a sport. It's a fucking joke to anyone who has ever played traditional sports. It doesn't matter it's a respect thing to yourself, fans and your organization. I know I'm being harsh and all these guys are young but please grow the fuck up just a little bit. I thought I saw progress when they finally got chewed out for showing up to team meetings and breakfast late but I guess they are still kids. It's bad enough you guys look like a bunch of idiots to outsiders who don't follow E-Sports, but at least to yourself show some maturity. Like ESPN is try their damn hardest to push E-Sports. People are trying to help you create a sustainable career playing fucking video games for Christ sakes. I just would like for these guys to put more effort into this. I find it fucking embarrassing... if they tried their hardest and lost to Pain then so be it. And you're also disrespecting PAIN by playing like a bunch of jack asses. At least show your opponent some respect so if Pain wins they deserve the praise that go with it. Now people will just say "Oh Pain won cause CLG dick around." which is a disservice to Pain and their organization.

you act like not trying in irrelevant games isn't something that happens late in the regular season in sports (whether to rest players, or deliberately tanking to get a higher draft spot)

zkylon

zkylewd
you're talking as this doesn't ever happen in real sports

also sentences like "People are trying to help you create a sustainable career playing fucking video games for Christ sakes." sound like you're completely out of touch of how esports players practice up to 16 hours a day etc etc.

you sound like a boring old man.

Leezard

y7m1mj0.png

I imagine Group B and D will ruin a lot too.

Leezard

No matter whether CLG picked less seriously or not due to the dream being dead, they did lose $20000 due to losing against Pain. (uncertain)

World Champion - $1,000,000 USD
2nd place - $250,000 USD
3rd / 4th place - $150,000 USD
5th - 8th place - $75,000 USD
9th - 12th place - $45,000 USD
13th - 16th place - $25,000 USD

I'll still give credit to Pain for winning it, there's no "Oh but CLG would have won had they picked differently so it doesn't count". CLG's drafting has been shit lately so this is no different from their other games.

No matter whether CLG picked less seriously or not due to the dream being dead, they did lose $20000 due to losing against Pain.

I'll still give credit to Pain for winning it, there's no "Oh but CLG would have won had they picked differently so it doesn't count". CLG's drafting has been shit lately so this is no different from their other games.

Is there even a tiebreaker in that situation in the first place?

Top Bottom