• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends World Championships 2015 |OCT 1-OCT 31|

C9 needs to only win one game to qualify, right?

Right. If they win 1 more game I believe they go (at worst) second because all the other teams are 1-2. Only one team can go 3-0 on the week because they all have to play each other, so if C9 picks up a win they're through the groups.

garath

Right. If they win 1 more game I believe they go (at worst) second because all the other teams are 1-2. Only one team can go 3-0 on the week because they all have to play each other, so if C9 picks up a win they're through the groups.

Isn't that what clg needed too? Hopes dashed

Nekofrog

Banned
glad riot decided to have the least interesting groups during the weekdays. i'll be able to watch tsm get smashed this weekend!

Finally caught up. sorta

Skimmed the rest of the matches after H2K and BKT.

At least I have Group C right................................................

EDG BKT seemed very interesting to watch, and EZhoon got to play, so gotta watch that too.

So yesterday I rant about CLG playing like a bunch of fuck tards in their last game and today we see SKT who is 5-0 going up against an 0-5 team yet still handle their business. Respect their fans, organization, and opponents by playing the game the right way. No fucking horseshit. See that exactly what I was talking about. And they gain a helluva more respect from BKT than CLG will ever from Pain.

So yesterday I rant about CLG playing like a bunch of fuck tards in their last game and today we see SKT who is 5-0 going up against an 0-5 team yet still handle their business. Respect their fans, organization, and opponents by playing the game the right way. No fucking horseshit. See that exactly what I was talking about. And they gain a helluva more respect from BKT than CLG will ever from Pain.

Uh, SKT weren't eliminated before that game.

Uh, SKT weren't eliminated before that game.

Wasn't it the last game? They were 5-0, and BKT was 0-5. The game was "meaningless" They could of picked the dumbest comp in the universe and said "fuck it we are already #1 seed", but they did not. Still played it out, and yea they rest faker and put in Easyhoon but he didn't half ass it just because.

It's the same way as in the NFL, or NBA at the end of the year when starters sit. The back up still plays the game out and dick around like a bunch of fucking kids. That's what being professional is about.

Wasn't it the last game? They were 5-0, and BKT was 0-5. The game was "meaningless" They could of picked the dumbest comp in the universe and said "fuck it we are already #1 seed", but they did not. Still played it out, and yea they rest faker and put in Easyhoon but he didn't half ass it just because.

It's the same way as in the NFL, or NBA at the end of the year when starters sit. The back up still plays the game out and dick around like a bunch of fucking kids. That's what being professional is about.

Uh yeah, they were the opposite of being eliminated. Don't really get your point here.

SKT wants to maintain their presence in the tournament. CLG and Pain weren't playing for anything.

Even if you use BKT as an example, BKT played seriously in the last match to learn more and grow their experience. CLG weren't going to gain anything playing against Pain.

Uh yeah, they were the opposite of being eliminated. Don't really get your point here.

SKT wants to maintain their presence in the tournament. CLG and Pain weren't playing for anything.

Even if you use BKT as an example, BKT played seriously in the last match to learn more and grow their experience. CLG weren't going to gain anything playing against Pain.

That's a fucking dumb ass childish mentality to have. Maybe they do deserve to suck and tilt. That superiority complex is probably why they will always suck and NA will always suck. Thank god they lost then.

My point is have some fucking class. I know I'm older than the average league fan but god watching these kids get a free ride in life cause they are good at a video game and yet refuse to grow up is sickening.

That's a fucking dumb ass childish mentality to have. Maybe they do deserve to suck and tilt. That superiority complex is probably why they will always suck and NA will always suck. Thank god they lost then.

My point is have some fucking class. I know I'm older than the average league fan but god watching these kids get a free ride in life cause they are good at a video game and yet refuse to grow up is sickening.

lmao so much salt

also SKT were playing for the undefeated run at worlds

Wow did CLG murder your unborn baby? Are you a TiltSM fanboy getting sweet revenge for the win at MSG?

League is a fun game. They had some fun. Get over it.

galvenize

Wow did CLG murder your unborn baby? Are you a TiltSM fanboy getting sweet revenge for the win at MSG?

I agree with what you're saying about League being a fun game. On a side note, why do you give Yamato so much crap for talking (no matter how good or bad) about a video game?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Seriously though, why whine about not having scrim partners and then treat your extra games in Worlds like they don't matter?

:^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^)

I agree with what you're saying about League being a fun game. On a side note, why do you give Yamato so much crap for talking (no matter how good or bad) about a video game?

Because all Tomato does is insult players/teams. He's even done it two or three times, today, that have absolutely no analytical value.

There was one example today where Tabe was putting out smart analysis, then Tomato interrupts with some stupid insulting joke on a team. Spawn and Dash kinda laughs it off, and Tabe ignores him and continues with his analysis.

Tomato Canyon is just disrespectful to analyst with his poor input, disrespectful to the teams and players with his factless insults, and disrespectful to the sport that Riot is doing there best to make prestigious.

Yamoto tried to make two or three jokes about the balls of a team. It was awful. Just give Tabe his spot. And sub in Zirene and Krepo/Crumbz.

There ya go, great desk. Zirene is still my favorite Riot analyst. Dude is largely on point and doesn't play clear favorites.

Jbq2TUn.jpg

23cFh.gif

sleepykyo

Demonstrate their ability to play seriously after tilting hard.
Have one last real match against an opponent that they'll likely never see again.

CLG demonstrated that they were an awful team that honestly shouldn't and wouldn't be at worlds except the NA region is simply awful this season.

Demonstrate their ability to play seriously after tilting hard.
Have one last real match against an opponent that they'll likely never see again.

CLG demonstrated that they were an awful team that honestly shouldn't and wouldn't be at worlds except the NA region is simply awful this season.

They're NA champions, so of course they should be at Worlds. Seems like they're pretty bad at being awful for being regional champions.

Edit: Actually, that's a very strange fact about Worlds. Aside from SKT, the regional champions have mostly been doing poorly. Fnatic came out of the first week one game worse than CLG. LGD completely shit themselves. It makes E-Sports very awesome to watch,
but not for my Championship Riven

Usobuko

Banned
I hope 2 Taiwan teams make into QF and only 1 chinese team make it there.

That will be funny on chinese boards with these 2 groups.

I am making my bold prediction for tomorrow: TSM beats Origen. They may not make it out of groups but I think tie breakers will occur in Group D.

brian!

im w/ u chronos except for the part where they dont get out of groups
not that sure about tie breaker either, i have to think about that

So it's an "old man yells at cloud" situation then

It's a game. Are teams supposed to just burn their motivation just for the sake of some competitive integrity bullshit, specially when they're tilted super hard and it's pretty much impossible for them to bring out any decent play?

No one wants to play third place matches. These "kids" don't get a free ride in life, they practice this shit ultra hard to actually be able to compete and you don't get to tell them how they should feel after letting their fans down. You're the one that needs to grow up.

EDIT - Also I find it hilarious that you say SKT is playing 100% seriously when they just subbed out Faker for most of the day. Not that Easyhoon is bad but he's no Faker.

I kind of want TSM to take today's game off KT just so that CLG is forced to fully examine how completely awful their performance was. I don't want to hear any, "Well, we still did better than TSM" excuses when they get home.

Edit: I know it's a "safe" pick that doesn't give much away, but these first pick Elisse's are just so underwhelming, especially with as strong as blue side advantage is in this meta.

Leezard

I kind of want TSM to take today's game off KT just so that CLG is forced to fully examine how completely awful their performance was. I don't want to hear any, "Well, we still did better than TSM" excuses when they get home.

Edit: I know it's a "safe" pick that doesn't give much away, but these first pick Elisse's are just so underwhelming, especially with as strong as blue side advantage is in this meta.
Doing better than TSM is such a low bar though, and really nothing to be proud of. :/

Top Bottom