• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends World Championships 2015 |OCT 1-OCT 31|

clemenx

Banned
I disagree. There's nothing overly crazy about the patch or the game itself. If it would we would have seen Bangkok Titans get out of the group or other crazy shit like that.

The truth is that China is being the only exception here on expected play level. Sucks to be them but I don't think the game is to blame. Everyone else is playing more or less the same than they were expected. OG and C9 were on a big swing up. LMS was always going to be underrated (I don't consider the Flash Wolves as a surprise at all, nor will AHQ if they get out of groups).

TSM has been underwhelming the whole split.

KR teams did well and played as expected. The only exceptions so far other than China have been CLG and we still have to see what Fnatic does tomorrow.

I disagree. There's nothing overly crazy about the patch or the game itself. If it would we would have seen Bangkok Titans get out of the group or other crazy shit like that.

The truth is that China is being the only exception here on expected play level. Sucks to be them but I don't think the game is to blame. Everyone else is playing more or less the same than they were expected. OG and C9 were on a big swing up. LMS was always going to be underrated (I don't consider the Flash Wolves as a surprise at all, nor will AHQ if they get out of groups).

KR teams did well and played as expected. The only exceptions so far other than China have been CLG and we still have to see what Fnatic does tomorrow.

~cough~ Mordekaiser ~cough~

Hm, I must have clicked the wrong tab. Either way, only the CN teams had competitive exp with the juggernauts.

Except LGD lol, which might be why they lost.

records by region, with one group to go:
KR: 15-3
TW: 5-4
CN: 7-8
EU: 7-8
NA: 6-9

so much for NA being 2nd after the first week
inb4 C9 3-0s again and NA ties with another region for 2nd

zkylon

zkylewd
Well think of it this way, competitive is fun and all but how fun would it be to have both juggernaut and marksman changes at the start of the preseason?

These teams had several months to get used to it. Failing to adapt ain't Riot's fault specially when they're used to having to adapt to new patches in two weeks.
yeah this is true, tho i think it could've been worked around better for worlds

i mean, sure, but china vs korea was kind of the great thing about this worlds and that's kind of ruined now

it's obviously not entirely (probably not even mostly) the patch's fault if teams are dumb and don't adapt, but i also think it just creates a weird situation in that maybe the teams that go to worlds aren't actually the best teams at the time of worlds because of things that happen in between

i think probably for next year they should just release the last big patch a bit earlier, make it so that the patch regional playoffs are played in is virtually the same as the worlds patch, cos i think the experience of "talented team failing to adapt to new meta" is just not very much fun

again, not riot's fault, just a precaution they can take next year as to avoid these things

Well according to the few Doublelift interviews, they had a lot of trouble getting information out of scrims because their scrim partners weren't playing seriously. I think they were hoping to get information about pro level play with the juggernaut meta.

Honestly, their pick and bans were god awful regardless, but they weren't as confident without the information and got heavily counterpicked in their key matches.

sleepykyo

Well according to the few Doublelift interviews, they had a lot of trouble getting information out of scrims because their scrim partners weren't playing seriously. I think they were hoping to get information about pro level play with the juggernaut meta.

Oh, so that's what Dimb was referring to. Must have been some sort of pre karma.

Stiler

Why WHY on earth is this starting at 4am EST?!?!?!

Holy crap, do they like want no one in the west to be able to watch it? :( I will miss most of them because of this.

Kalentan

Holy crap, do they like want no one in the west to be able to watch it? :( I will miss most of them because of this.

Wait... This will be done or nearing so by the time I wake up to go to work? Wtf?

Last Sunday I actually managed to catch C9s game at work during down time.

zer0das

Banned
i kind of feel like the juggernaut patch was just too soon

yeah, competitive league is a game much about adapting to new metas and strategies and that should be rewarded, but it also creates a weird disconnect between how teams were the last time you saw them and now

i was of the thought that the month there was between the juggernaut patch and worlds was enough, but i think i've changed my mind, i want to see the lgd that played chinese playoffs, not one that's struggling to understand a new meta

i dunno, it's weird, can't help but feel that this worlds has been a bit too crazy because of that and while it's fun to see c9 and origen do unpredictably well, i also want to see the teams i watched win chinese playoffs. i feel those would've given skt a run for their money and now we're probably stuck with a really one-sided worlds

eh...

Honestly, Riot doesn't care at all about the integrity of worlds. By that I mean, they have a history of releasing major balance changes right before it, significantly altering the meta. Triforce getting a huge buff turning toplane into Jax vs Renekton like every game season 3 while also making Corki super popular, completely dumpstering Ryze when he had been a pick pretty much an entire season, etc etc. That's just how they operate. They probably believe it doesn't alter the results or if it does, they think it does so in a beneficial way.

Elfstruck

Yep, horrible schedule. But this is probably the best day so Im just gonna stay up for both C9 games.

Leezard

It's 10am in Europe, so people in the west will be able to watch it. This scheduling is like last time world's was in NA where Europeans had to watch in the middle of the night.
Time zones means the schedule will always suck for someone.

Firestorm

This is the best start time of the week for me as someone in Pacific Time. Apparently it's because of venue restrictions (gotta be out at a certain time) combined with possible tiebreaker matches and the elimination matchup draw.

Fnatic have established the largest gold lead at 10 minutes of the tournament so far, excluding games with the Bangkok Titans. It's basically over.

It's a quick game because C9 was giving up a lot to try and get objectives.
They got picked off too many times.

I still don't think AD Kennen was even a relevant pick versus stronger champs, but the flex is the thing that surprised C9.

Firestorm

How I felt last game:

aPTHKGa.jpg

Picking a strong early game is the way to go against C9, their mechanics matter more than their shot calling there.

I like the analyst desk. "Try to two-vs-two C9's botlane."

Like it's some kind of revelation that Lemonation basically hasn't won a symmetrical lane match-up in a year or more, and C9 benefits more than anyone from laneswaps that put the ADC in a solo lane. (Sneaky literally has a better KDA solo laning than duo'd with Lemon. Truly, the mark of a great support.)

Top Bottom