• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends World Championships 2015 |OCT 1-OCT 31|

Give one to LMS, give one to Brazil.

NA should only send one team!

I don't know but statistically worst we could of done was 0-9 and somehow we manage to go 0-10 cause... god gave us another shot to watch us burn in hell.

truth and i'm not a fan of Wildcards, i mean i get why they have it but who cares about them getting slaughtered each year. give outside teams a chance to earn their spot and not just have the "best of the worst".

Leezard

With kabum and pain taking wins off of Western teams I think it's right that they get a few spots. Pain got more wins than tsm, right?

Leezard

So safe to assume that NA will never win worlds?

Starting to think they should save money and disband the NA Esports of LoL.
Probably not, but NA LCS is still popular and brings a lot of entertainment. I wouldn't expect eu to win world's again either, but if we can get some good games like we did in these groups it's all fine.
NA might make it out of groups next year if they keep improving. A revamped tsm completely built around bjergsen might do ok.

NA is too big of a market though! Plus we have ESPN trying to dive into Esports, and so is Rogers Communication (Canada). It's just a front to make money! But the competition is ASS.

Plus you also notice the French crowd is basically a soccer/sports crowd? And the NA is crowd is like... the "stereotypical" cosplay gamer. That's why the French crowd was so much better because they probably learned that atmosphere from soccer games.

NA will never win worlds until they start taking solo Q seriously, players stop being divas and actually listen to coaching and Riot starts doing more international competitions.

So never

killatopak

Gold Member
Gonna be so happy if skt wins. Been a fan since I started which is this season. They are acutally one of the reasons I jumped on lol instead of dota 2.

Kalentan

Probably not, but NA LCS is still popular and brings a lot of entertainment. I wouldn't expect eu to win world's again either, but if we can get some good games like we did in these groups it's all fine.
NA might make it out of groups next year if they keep improving. A revamped tsm completely built around bjergsen might do ok.

NA is too big of a market though! Plus we have ESPN trying to dive into Esports, and so is Rogers Communication (Canada). It's just a front to make money! But the competition is ASS.

Plus you also notice the French crowd is basically a soccer/sports crowd? And the NA is crowd is like... the "stereotypical" cosplay gamer. That's why the French crowd was so much better because they probably learned that atmosphere from soccer games.

I mean... If by entertainment value you mean being the laughing stock of the world and easily the worst region. Then yeah, NA provides a lot of entertainment.

Leezard

I mean... If by entertainment value you mean being the laughing stock of the world and easily the worst region. Then yeah, NA provides a lot of entertainment.
I mean, we know that NA has essentially always been the weakest of the big regions, but NA LCS when they are competing amongst each other is still fun.

Stiler

Holy crap :(, just saw the results for today.

How, how does C9, who only needed a SINGLE win manage to lose all 4 of their games? What the hell happened???

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
They were figured out, simple as that. They only had 1 strategy and playstyle and people just broke the code and rekt em.

I mean, we know that NA has essentially always been the weakest of the big regions, but NA LCS when they are competing amongst each other is still fun.

Hmm I remember distinctly last year that no EU teams made it out.

No worries though. Trashnatic and Origen are going to be dispatched real soon.

Leezard

Hmm I remember distinctly last year that no EU teams made it out.

No worries though. Trashnatic and Origen are going to be dispatched real soon.

Essentially always, not always. NA was regarded as the stronger region during the short time between when TSM won that international tournament until they crashed and burned at MSI too.

NA is looking a lot weaker this year than they have looked historically though, both TSM and C9 are looking really weak apart from their mid laners and junglers and CLG is just looking mediocre overall.

Essentially always, not always. NA was regarded as the stronger region during the short time between when TSM won that international tournament until they crashed and burned at MSI too.

NA is looking a lot weaker this year than they have been historically though.

Nah EU looked super weak and showed up at Worlds.

NA showed a ton more skilled during the summer and couldn't adapt to the new meta.

Leezard

NA showed a ton more skilled during the summer and couldn't adapt to the new meta.

Nah, EU looked stronger than NA even during summer split. CLG won against a TSM in splinters and C9 got through the gauntlet since the rest of the teams in NA fell apart. It was impossible to judge whether CLG actually was good or they just looked all right since they won against weak teams. The reason they couldn't adapt to the new meta is because it is a top lane focused meta and their top laners are weak.

Makareu

If even these worlds can't make you stop with your delusions regarding the NA LCS level, there is no hope.
To be honest I should not be surpised. If I remember correctly you were the one who seriously said that TDK would be top 3 in EU LCS.

ur high lmao

the 3 teams that went to worlds were clg, a tsm that looked like hot garbage during the finals and the 7th place team. that in itself should tell u how shit na's teams were this year.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
NA is bad, just gotta accept it. A BO2 format will help a little bit but until the scrim environment becomes better nothing will change.

NA needs more structure to their teams. It isn't time to spend with your bros but a professional organization. The coaches shouldn't be friends with the team but mentors and superiors. Probably should be older too but we'll have to wait for that. Some of these organizations are run by people younger than me and it shows. They need discipline.

Nah, EU looked stronger than NA even during summer split. CLG won against a TSM in splinters and C9 got through the gauntlet since the rest of the teams in NA fell apart. It was impossible to judge whether CLG actually was good or they just looked all right since they won against weak teams. The reason they couldn't adapt to the new meta is because it is a top lane focused meta and their top laners are weak.

Like what teams? Fnatic and Origen are the only contenders while they're fighting joke teams like UoL and Roccat garbage.

NA has far better competition within the top 6 showing huge skill outplays every week to keep it competitive.

Like what impresses from EU? Fucking Rekkles doing ez mode straight line Trist penta because Origen were too dumb to disperse and Soaz ran back to start the reset? Goddamn awful skills.

If Impact and Rush weren't held back by a shitty ADC and subbed mid, they would have wiped the floor at the group stage.

If even these worlds can't make you stop with your delusions regarding the NA LCS level, there is no hope.
To be honest I should not be surpised. If I remember correctly you were the one who seriously said that TDK would be top 3 in EU LCS.

He also said KR challenger scene > EU Worlds teams. Painful.

Noshino

I have to say I didn't expect much from c9 but the fact that they couldn't win one game to have a handle to advance is surprising.
I'm excited for the best of 5s though! Can't wait for some different comps from teams.

Surprising was the fact that they were able to win a single game. Their inability to win was expected.

Give one to LMS, give one to Brazil.

NA should only send one team!

I don't know but statistically worst we could of done was 0-9 and somehow we manage to go 0-10 cause... god gave us another shot to watch us burn in hell.

Eh, who on LMS deserved that spot though? HKE was a distant third, and the rest were even worse. 2 for LMS is fine.

Leezard

Like what teams? Fnatic and Origen are the only contenders while they're fighting joke teams like UoL and Roccat garbage.

NA has far better competition within the top 6 showing huge skill outplays every week to keep it competitive.

Like what impresses from EU? Fucking Rekkles doing ez mode straight line Trist penta because Origen were too dumb to disperse and Soaz ran back to start the reset? Goddamn awful skills.

If Impact and Rush weren't held back by a shitty ADC and subbed mid, they would have wiped the floor at the group stage.
The top 6 NA teams are all weak, that's why it seems competitive in that region.

The TDK at the end of the split?

Yeah, definitely. They completely destroyed their opponents with huge outplays even with non-meta picks.

But only TDK when they had their full roster and didn't feel immense pressure to win at the brink of relegation.

The top 6 NA teams are all weak, that's why it seems competitive in that region.

Maybe watch the games and see their actual skills first.

Watching Trashnatic's garbage performance at their playoff games pales in comparison to CLG's incredible outplays in NA finals.

Who cares how CLG performed against TSM if they couldn't even get past the easiest fucking group in Worlds.

NA is a healthier region because the skill balance promotes better growth than Fnatic just stomping on everything but if there's anything this tournament has proven is that NA still can't compare to EU's finest. Stop being drunk on faith.

Leezard

Maybe watch the games and see their actual skills first.

Watching Trashnatic's garbage performance at their playoff games pales in comparison to CLG's incredible outplays in NA finals.
I'm saying it because I watched the games.

CLG met a TSM in splinters and then couldn't get out of the easiest group. So much for their skill and incredible outplays.

Who cares how CLG performed against TSM if they couldn't even get past the easiest fucking group in Worlds.

NA is a healthier region because the skill balance promotes better growth than Fnatic just stomping on everything but if there's anything this tournament has proven is that NA still can't compare to EU's finest. Stop being drunk on faith.

Eh Origen just got lucky with surprise picks and a FreeSM draw. If FreeSM didn't have garbage players with low morale, Origen would have been in trouble yesterday.

And Trashnatic also did surprise non-meta picks against an entire group that couldn't even adapt for shit.

NA didn't perform at Worlds. Not going to deny that. But a legit NA vs EU tournament would have shone the light at EU's weakness.

I'm saying it because I watched the games.

CLG met a TSM in splinters and then couldn't get out of the easiest group. So much for their skill and incredible outplays.

I actually think Group B is the easiest group. Everyone underestimated Flash Wolves. The LMS entries are far stronger where they didn't even make it out of groups last year.

Flash Wolves became super resilient in their effort to improve in such a short time even beating Koo Tigers pretty handily.

NA is looking a lot weaker this year than they have looked historically though, both TSM and C9 are looking really weak apart from their mid laners and junglers and CLG is just looking mediocre overall.

Yeah, this summer split was the first time that NA actually looked to be regressing. I stopped watching LCS for a good chunk of it because it was just really bad. Riot needs to find a way to make players take soloq seriously, but they probably won't.

Also don't engage in conversation with Shining Sunshine lol

Top Bottom