• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends World Championships 2015 |OCT 1-OCT 31|

patchday

I'm pretty new to this esports thing altogether but I really thought C9 would win at least one game today. Just set my morning wrong waking up and seeing all they did was lose all night long. Then the one game I watched this morning they got slam dunked (literally) by AHQ

patchday

Why do some fans trash these teams and their players? I find it very disrespectful. Just reading some of these posts by some people you'd think Dyrus drove to their house and spit on them

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
TSM and CLG will always be bad teams in the international stage. There's really no debating that.
C9 had the worst performance of the bunch to me. North America has no competency or forward thinking when it comes to picks. How can you not be prepared for Tahm Kench on this patch? How do you underestimate the power of Jinx? Stuff like this annoys me because a basic level of brainpower and thought can see these things but pro players just miss it or something. Mechanical skill in NA is also just at an all time low.
Why do some fans trash these teams and their players? I find it very disrespectful. Just reading some of these posts by some people you'd think Dyrus drove to their house and spit on them
Because it is embarrassing. These teams represent our region and they play, act, and think like children inside and outside of the game.

Fiend

Nah, not defending NA. Trashing EU. Lucks gonna run out for these teams as their surprise picks will be destroyed.

You sound and come off as super butthurt, maybe a little delusional as well.
Not defending NA? Please, thats practically what you are doing.

Because it is embarrassing. These teams represent our region and they play, act, and think like children inside and outside of the game.

How old are those guys? They sure do look young.

Fracas

#fuckonami
NA will continue being the weakest region as long as it keeps up its unprofessional structure. Practice/scrims/team activities should be formally structured. Former players don't make good coaches and administrators. Get actual coaches and support staff. Teach players some basic discipline and professionalism.

Makareu

You can't invent this :
CRDbAvVVAAAKKHg.jpg
$
(yeah the A is cheating)

garath

NA has potential. They need more discipline, more innovation and more practice on an international stage.

A lot of it is them getting in their own way. There were a lot of good games, close games and that first week showed some of the potential.

An organization or two really need to make a concentrated effort to develop some new players. Hire a great coach, develop a firm schedule with a good working environment and work on some young talent. Basically pull a fnatic.

Tsm can build a team around bjerg and maybe lustboy. They need a good shotcaller first and foremost.

C9 can build around sneaky and incarnation. Maybe even keeping hai if he really works on jungle. He's a strong leader. Meteos was a much better jungler but they need that chemistry and leadership. Plus I don't think he and incarnation got along.

Clg has a solid top and bot. They need a world class jungle to really make their team. Not a walking ward.

Liquid has potential but no consistency at all. Not even sure where to start there.

clemenx

Banned
Lmao I forgot I had done my pickems and the only good picks I had were putting CLG and TSM last place hahahaha

Apparently I forgot to put BKT in last place as I had them 3rd :( Still got a cute poro tho.

Newt

Liquid just has to realize Piglet is a sunk cost, lol. Bench that trash.

Speaking of which, when are Wildturtle and Santorin set to retire?

NA has potential. They need more discipline, more innovation and more practice on an international stage.

A lot of it is them getting in their own way. There were a lot of good games, close games and that first week showed some of the potential.

An organization or two really need to make a concentrated effort to develop some new players. Hire a great coach, develop a firm schedule with a good working environment and work on some young talent. Basically pull a fnatic.

Tsm can build a team around bjerg and maybe lustboy. They need a good shotcaller first and foremost.

C9 can build around sneaky and incarnation. Maybe even keeping hai if he really works on jungle. He's a strong leader. Meteos was a much better jungler but they need that chemistry and leadership. Plus I don't think he and incarnation got along.

Clg has a solid top and bot. They need a world class jungle to really make their team. Not a walking ward.

Liquid has potential but no consistency at all. Not even sure where to start there.

Yeah agree with your points about improving NA teams.

Aside from TSM obviously getting a new top, it would be better for them to keep the rosters and consistent as possible.

CLG should learn a lot from this and do better next year if they keep their form.

Liquid just has to realize Piglet is a sunk cost, lol. Bench that trash.

Speaking of which, when are Wildturtle and Santorin set to retire?

Something happen to Piglet? I thought he was already contracted.

I don't know about turtle, but Santorin is very young and a rookie this year. I don't think he's going anywhere.

37% win rate. Steak and Ssumday were scary with him

You really need Malphite in a lane where he would at least end up even. Against Kennen or Darius, nope.

And I doubt Dyrus plays enough Malphite to compete at the top level. Ssumday and Marin are insane Malphite players and use TP ult at great effect. It's really the only good thing about Malphite.

garath

Santorin has a high ceiling. He's the type of player NA needs to develop. It was his first year and he was decently competitive in the world stage. That's not someone to throw away. He plays better on carry junglers though. Would have liked to see him on Nidalee.

Jokes aside, Santorin is super young and western jungle talent is basically nonexistant, TSM is better off getting him up to speed specially since they'll need a new top laner, the west is also short on those and TSM only gets to import one more korean if I'm not mistaken.
That is, unless TIP self destructs in the next 6 months and Rush becomes a free agent. kek

Turtle is pretty bad but I'd wait till the start of the season to see how adc players adapt to the changes before swapping rosters.

Shame that CLG and C9 both fell apart on their final days, but if a region goes 0-10 over their last 10 group stage matches, it's hard to be too upset that it has no presence in the knockouts. Massive props to Fnatic for getting it together under pressure and going 3-0. The LMS region has lived up to my expectations (I picked both FW and AHQ to advance) and proven it deserves to be counted among the elite. Indeed if it wasn't for one bad misplay at the end of AHQ's second game against Fnatic both LMS teams would've topped their groups.

Fnatic vs. EDG in the QFs. Ooh lah lah. Bit sad I'll only be at Flash Wolves v Origen and SKT v AHQ though, but hopeful I'll be seeing a western team reach the Worlds SFs for the first time since season 3, and the first time over non-western opposition since season 2. Don't see AHQ giving SKT a real match.

zkylon

zkylewd
that's a pretty nice draw and a really cool last day for worlds

i had the impression the c9 thing was a fluke but damn that's rough for them. i wonder if hai will play next season

fnatic really showed up and delivered even tho they have rough edges in their botlane and some positioning mistakes by huni. also i felt febiven played pretty bad leblanc overall

still disappointed about ig and glad ahq showed they were a really good team, too bad the draw screwed them pretty hard, at least that game is on a week day so i don't miss out on much at work

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Santorin has a high ceiling.
I really don't see it. I don't see up and coming NA players and I dont' see a place that fosters or builds players. It is hard to imagine things improving in the near future.

I really don't see it. I don't see up and coming NA players and I dont' see a place that fosters or builds players. It is hard to imagine things improving in the near future.

Santorin just needs to go to an EU team. Then he can really hit his cap.

garath

I agree with the latter which is why we don't see the former. If anything he was better when he first started with tsm. What we need is real coaches that understand the game at a higher level and can shape players and the meta.

?????????

Also, TABE is getting smashed for leaking IG strats

I must've missed that - what happened?

Tabe looked like he was joking saying iG's secret weapon is going to be Jungle Hec and Kalista Kennen.

Then iG picked Jungle Hec.

Honestly, what he said didn't really matter, and the community is going overboard including the super angry Chinese fans.

Top Bottom