• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends World Championships 2015 |OCT 1-OCT 31|

Disagree

Koo and EDG came to Worlds mainly because of Malphite. His initiation is unlike any other.

Although I am not sure I follow his nerf/buff situation

Not EDG. They never used him in the Regional Qualifiers.
Koo used Malphite twice, but were a counterpick and a blind pick.

When Dyrus and Balls picked Malphite, they were getting counterpicked.
Malphite is an extremely weak laner. If paired up with a lane bully, he's toast.

Malphite is only useful for his ult, so teams have to compensate by helping his lane or picking up more carry champions.
I would never pick Malphite unless I already see what's the opponent's top if I was blue side, or counterpicking on the red side last pick.

Annubis

What's the win rate of Lee Sin?
I've always thought that Lee Sin is a good indicator of possible losses.

I get that he's strong early on but the cost later is just too big.

When teams take Lee Sin and a tank top. That's pretty much guaranteeing that you won't have the damage to win team fights after 25 minutes.
Problem is, if you don't take a tank top, you don't have a tank because Lee Sin can't tank worth shit either.

When teams take Lee Sin and a tank top. That's pretty much guaranteeing that you won't have the damage to win team fights after 25 minutes.
Problem is, if you don't take a tank top, you don't have a tank because Lee Sin can't tank worth shit either.

14 picks with 50% win rate. 9 bans.

3 losses by Hai.
2 losses by Xmithie.
1 losses each by Kakao and Hojin.

2 wins each by Hai, Hojin, Karsa.
1 win by Loulex.

faridmon

yea they came to world's with him but a lot of people came with champs and rarely played them i.e. Viktor, trist, eve

And Sejuani

:(

Lee Sin remains to be one of the strongest 1v1 in the whole game, due to his impeccable movement and dmg + speed, also add to the fact that his escape ability is second to none makes him as important as ever. Keep in mind alot of fights are win early game and jungle invading and his ganking is still as as tricky and the fact that he can hunt the other junglers makes hi deadly He has his uses in team fights, I sure don't want get kicked into a high burst champ if I was and adc or an assassin.

The problem with Lee Sin is that every player who start to play him develop to just become simply idiots and make laughable errors that just cost the team the game. Think of him as another Yasou.

I was watching a random LCK game with Monte and Doa talk show during downtime, and they mentioned how Korean teams would bring huge boxes of food with them so they can keep their diets consistent and safe from food poisoning (Ramen?).

I wonder why the Chinese teams don't do the same thing this Worlds since they were talking about how they were getting sick.

kenbo

I was watching a random LCK game with Monte and Doa talk show during downtime, and they mentioned how Korean teams would bring huge boxes of food with them so they can keep their diets consistent and safe from food poisoning (Ramen?).

I wonder why the Chinese teams don't do the same thing this Worlds since they were talking about how they were getting sick.

That requires good organisation/management

I believe KESPA helps them with obtaining korean food on their travels, and China just doesnt have that kind of maturity in their scene

As Season 5 comes to a close, we announce with a heavy heart the departures of Lucas ‘Santorin’ Larsen, Jang-sik ‘Lustboy’ Ham, and Marcus ‘Dyrus’ Hill from our League of Legends line-up. Santorin will be stepping down from the TSM roster, while Lustboy and Dyrus will remain as streamers under TSM.
HOLY MOLY

HOLY MOLY

As Season 5 comes to a close, we announce with a heavy heart the departures of Lucas ‘Santorin’ Larsen, Jang-sik ‘Lustboy’ Ham, and Marcus ‘Dyrus’ Hill from our League of Legends line-up. Santorin will be stepping down from the TSM roster, while Lustboy and Dyrus will remain as streamers under TSM.

Lucas ‘Santorin’ Larsen and our brand are mutually parting ways. Both him and the team remain on amicable terms, and we appreciate all his hard work in the past year. TSM wishes him farewell and best of luck in his future endeavors.

“I have enjoyed my time with TSM but we have now decided to part ways. Everyone has been nice to me and Andy has always done his best to help me out with everything. I will most likely not be playing competitive League Of Legends anymore but I will try to make full time streaming work while studying on the side.” -Lucas ‘Santorin’ Larsen

“Santorin was a pleasure to work with. It’s a real shame that things didn’t work out. I wish him the best of luck for the future” -Andy ‘Reginald’ Dinh

Jang-sik ‘Lustboy’ Ham is departing from TSM as a result of his decision to retire from professional play. His retirement marks the end of a very storied career, having been a part of the dominant Azubu Blaze, and spending the last year of his career as a part of the TSM family. Lustboy has left behind very large shoes to fill, and he will be remembered fondly with his hard earned victories on TSM. Lustboy will move to an analyst position, while also helping TSM construct their 2016 roster.

“Due to shoulder injuries and being tired of playing, I decided to step down as a player but I’ll still be involved with TSM helping in anyway possible. I will never forget how much fans and everyone treated me kindly, and I appreciate the opportunity given to me by TSM to prove my skills even though I was a foreigner.” - Jang-sik ‘Lustboy’ Ham

“Lustboy joined TSM at a critical time, when we were left without a support due to unforeseen circumstances. He was rushed to join the team and was a crucial part of our 1st place finish in summer split 2014. He’s been a pleasure to work with in and out of game and I hope he can continue his success for the rest of his future endeavors” - Yoonsup ‘Locodoco’ Choi

Last, but not least, the departure of Marcus ‘Dyrus’ Hill. In the last four years, Dyrus has built a legacy. This is a legacy of dominance over the North American League of Legends professional scene for the previous four seasons. Four seasons where Dyrus maintained a berth on the top of North American standings throughout his career, and became one of only two players to have attended every World Championship to date. Dyrus’ achievements during his tenure within Team SoloMid have made him a legend, and his retirement marks the end of an era. Dyrus will be moving into the “TSM Retirement Home” with ex-teammate Brian ‘TheOddOne’ Wyllie to become a full time streamer.

“After 5 seasons of playing competitive I think it’s time to give someone else the chance to play with such amazing teammates. I am burnt out and it would be unfair to keep going without the same level of motivation. I will still be under TSM and I will support them from behind the scenes. Thank you all for everything I look forward to seeing the new roster soon!” -Marcus ‘Dyrus’ Hill

“Thanks so much for being an awesome friend, teammate, and employee for the last 5 years. I look forward to continue working with Dyrus in supporting his transition from a player to streamer.” -Andy ‘Reginald’ Dinh

We wish to express our gratitude to these players, all of whom have dedicated an extreme amount of time and their lives to Team SoloMid. Their contributions will have a lasting influence within the organization, and again we wish them all fair fortunes and the best of luck.

As a result of these changes, Team SoloMid is currently holding tryouts for starters in our top, jungle, and support positions. Any candidate must have the following requirements:

Fluency in English Challenger ranking in NA, EU, KR, CN, or TW Willing to relocate to the TSM Gaming House in California, USA A positive mind set, which includes but is not limited to the following: Willingness to learn from others Competitive spirit The ability to accept criticism and be self-critical Cooperative and willing to adapt to and work within a team environment

Please send applications to tryouts@solomid.net with the following format:

Name: Age: Position: Screenshot of current solo queue rank in client: Experience in competitive League of Legends: Motivation for joining:

That's the whole thing.

Fracas

#fuckonami
RIP TSM

They're not going to make waves in international play with turtle, I don't think. Gonna take some huuuuge talent around him to get anywhere.

Lustboy retiring is definitely due to him being tired of shit and less about injury.

His CJ counterpart, Madlife, is still keeping strong and making CJ Entus very competitive in the Korean scene. Madlife is also two years older.

idlewild_

That would be a massive dick move, not even Regi is that big of an asshole.

If another team wants WT they could work out a deal for him like what happened with Xpecial. They probably want some small measure of stability on the roster going into IEM though.

Speaking of which, that's only a month away. Wonder if they'll play with subs for that.

That would be a massive dick move, not even Regi is that big of an asshole.

That's a business move not a dick move, and if someone wants to trade for his contract or buy him out right they can. They do this is traditional sports like the NFL/NBA/MLB all the time. It's not a dick move at all, he just wasn't the right fit for the team. You're still honoring your contract and paying him and allowing him to get bought out/traded to continue his pro career.

A dick move would be ruining his entire pro career by allowing him to play on a team where he can't flourish gets shit ton of hate from reddit/fans then lose all his confidence and become a nobody in a years time.

AcridMeat

Banned
Reginald setting TSM on fire.

Wildturtle is contracted til 2018, so they can't really fire him unless they pay a huge fee probably.
ahaha what? Man...and Wildturtle is the only one they have a replacement for, and deserves to be replaced, my god.

Gonna be a really interesting off season. NA is starving for talent.

TSM Rush and Impact?

FgkBtQu.gif

Bacon

Dyrus and Lustboy about to have it made in the shade. Getting a salary and rent paid to stream league all day. Doesn't get better than that.

Quonny

Dyrus is gonna be just fine. Probably gonna make 200k a year for at least 2016. Then, depending on what he wants to do, he can continue to stream or go to school.

Godspeed.

Bacon

I mean, I'm pretty sure he won't make that much a year.

They don't make that much from merchandising and stream. His stream is pretty terrible, and it's only high now because everyone pities him.

You're so ridiculous. He's gonna be on the TSM payroll and be streaming full time. Dude is gonna make bank

Quonny

I mean, I'm pretty sure he won't make that much a year.

They don't make that much from merchandising and stream. His stream is pretty terrible, and it's only high now because everyone pities him.
So when he streamed during the season and was at 30k+ viewers all 9+ hours that was pity too?

Bacon

I never see him at those numbers, and I have my eye on League streams all the time for the past 2 years. I dunno, maybe you see him at peak times and I miss it.

He's always near the top of the list of league streamers whenever he is on. He's gonna have TSM still attached to his name and that's all it is going to take for him to consistently bring in high numbers

He's always near the top of the list of league streamers whenever he is on. He's gonna have TSM still attached to his name and that's all it is going to take for him to consistently bring in high numbers

Yeah, but I always see Nightblue, Gosu, and Pre-Drama Trick2G above pro players almost always. Even Bjergsen doesn't crack 30k.

Look at TheOddOne right now, just under 10k. TSM branding isn't something that makes your Twitch Channel big. It's consistent streaming and community building.

Pro players don't have that time to do it, so saying Dyrus will automatically make bank is a fallacy. He's going to have to work as hard as the top streamers to pull those 30k numbers.

Quonny

I never see him at those numbers, and I have my eye on League streams all the time for the past 2 years. I dunno, maybe you see him at peak times and I miss it.
Really, it doesn't matter if he's at 20k or 30k. Nightblue gets dozens of subs everyday. Sometimes a hundred. He gets 5+ donations every game he plays. Just do the math.

Dyrus will be even bigger.

Really, it doesn't matter if he's at 20k or 30k. Nightblue gets dozens of subs everyday. Sometimes a hundred. He gets 5+ donations every game he plays. Just do the math.

Dyrus will be even bigger.

Nightblue streams every day on a consistent schedule. He's streaming more than 40 hours a week.

When you don't stream a day, you drop hundreds of subs. Again, look at TheOddOne. He never gets 30-40k viewers, and he has the TSM brand. Dyrus will have to work to get a consistent view numbers and 8-10k subs by streaming 8 hours a day and be entertaining.

Cidd

TSM croaks yet Xmithie still remains with CLG wtf.

Hopefully Bjergsen finally get teamates that are better than 4 wards.

Top Bottom