• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends World Championships 2015 |OCT 1-OCT 31|

I am just talking about GAF here
lol

I kind of want to see the Tigers take it, because I feel like Fnatic's match-up against them is slightly stronger than their match-up against KT.

I don't actually care about either of these teams on their own merits, though, that's true; either one would make for an extremely boring Finals against SKT in every sense of the word. Not that I expect Fnatic to really push SKT, either, but at least there's something resembling an interesting narrative there.

Really excellent discipline by Ssumday to not straight-up engage or run away during that last fight, but rather hover in a blocking position and just scare the Tigers into stopping long enough to get engaged on from the other side. You really have to be on top of things to make that call, because usually when you engage solo from the opposite side in a pincer you're in immediate risk of just getting rolled over and blown up.

sleepykyo

Kind of wish Darius did dumpster Fiora though. The character scales really well, is pretty snowbally and doesn't seem to have enough bad matchups to keep her in check.

What an escape by KOO after being strangled for so long. Granted, Ssumday (with his build) and Nagne (by jumping in to Veigar) made huge errors to allow them the chance. This is a match again.

faridmon

I kind of want to see the Tigers take it, because I feel like Fnatic's match-up against them is slightly stronger than their match-up against KT.

I don't actually care about either of these teams on their own merits, though, that's true; either one would make for an extremely boring Finals against SKT in every sense of the word. Not that I expect Fnatic to really push SKT, either, but at least there's something resembling an interesting narrative there.

I don't know much about either teams (I don't follow KR league) but I think Tigers is easier match up for Fnatic because they actually lost against a EU team already in the worlds.

idlewild_

I don't know much about either teams (I don't follow KR league) but I think Tigers is easier match up for Fnatic because they actually lost against a EU team already in the worlds.

You mean KTR? KOO didn't have an EU team in their group, their losses were to FW.

Smeb playing a superb match here after falling behind in lane through the (excellent) ganks. KOO with a real chance to level the series.

Godan

KOO has done well to turn this game around. Seems like Fiora might be a contested pick now for the rest of these games.

faridmon

I am so glad that the era of tank toplaners is behind us.

I am sad that era of tank toplaners is behind us. I hate those Juggernaut updates. Hope that meta dies next season.

Ssumday is having a terrible game with bad decision making. His focus have been all over the place, not just losing top to Fiora.

Turn on the games to see Smeb dumpstering on Fiora

oh, what champion is she against top...?

Huh.

Suppose someone's going to try tell me Darius counters Fiora again.

LOL What game are you watching?

Darius first bloods Fiora with half her health at 4 minute, then Darius goes down but takes Rek'sai down on a 2v1 dive at 5 minute 30. After that, it's Fiora that's cowering under the tower at 7 minutes.

And, like a good support, Ssumday's early performance attracts the entire Koo tigers team to go and gank him while KT's bot lane gets a free lane and trade turrets. It takes 5 people to take down a dominating Darius.

Leezard

I think Koo is the easier matchup for fnatic due to their weaker early game. KT would probably be a stronger opponent to them.

I think Koo is the easier matchup for fnatic due to their weaker early game. KT would probably be a stronger opponent to them.

KT does seem like the stronger opponent, but Koo is more surprising with creative comps. They like to bring out a ton of surprise picks during the summer.

Regardless, both teams have solid matchups in almost all lanes. I think the mid of both teams are the weakest, but still formidable.

Well KOO lost twice to the Flash Wolves and were saying they really didn't want to draw Fnatic in playoffs (since their scrims against them were tough). KT are about the same strength as them, judging by how this series is going and their close 3-2 win in the OGN Summer playoffs.

This game is going to be really tough for KT now that they're behind. They have much less damage to rely on from top and mid so it's going to be down to Arrow. PraY's Ashe is a pleasure to watch, as always.

Edit: Oh shit the knockups. KT back in it.

Smeb got his kills from 2 ganks and a teamfight

And still ahead. Koo was ahead that game in every matchup until it came to poorly played late game teamfights.

And Smeb's Fiora has dominated in both games since, even being up well over 100 cs in this game.

Ssumday clearly isn't dealing with it. Not sure what's so hard to understand :/

Top Bottom