• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends World Championships 2015 |OCT 1-OCT 31|

when I turned it on Smeb was 4/1 and Darius 2/4.

Even if Smeb was losing the 1 v 1 Koo was still winning top lane.

Smeb was 4/1 with most of the kills 5 v Darius.

Darius was 2 kills and won the laninng phase 1v1 against Fiora and 1v2 against Fiora and Reksai.

Please actually watch the game before speaking nonsense.

NSESN

And still ahead. Koo was ahead that game in every matchup until it came to poorly played late game teamfights.

And Smeb's Fiora has dominated in both games since, even being up well over 100 cs in this game.

Ssumday clearly isn't dealing with it. Not sure what's so hard to understand :/

Ssumday was winning early with renek too, then he started to overextend and didn't build armor

This is why I try to post less in these threads. I have to hold back so much. Blegh.

I'll just lurk I guess.

Cuz you're wrong? Seems like you need some pictures to paint the picture.

Smeb almost gets him!
JtZ8eam.jpg

Nope, he died thanks to Decimate and Apprehend.
udupml8.jpg

2vDarius! Darius still picks one up.
bWSBPgw.jpg

5vDarius because Fiora losing lane badly
LQVLeWK.jpg

5vDarius again in a team fight
TLWYHS3.jpg

cHinzo

Holyshit who's idea was it to do Baron with half HP on two of their players and KOO already nearby. :| The pick top was good though, but KOO is gonna take this game the way it's going.

Great game by Koo.

Especially by Smeb. 3 wins in a row on Fiora, Ssumday just couldn't pick anything to beat it, unfortunate for him. Someone should try figure out a counterpick to that champion, honestly I can't see one.

:)))))))))))

Neol

Good series to one I expected to be one-sided.

I say its an upset so well played to KOO. By the way there playing though I can kinda see Fnatic doing well against them.

This mean two new teams made it to the semi-finals. Koo and Origen were both formed in this season.

Piccaboo really underperformed in this series. Really disappointing for him.

Great game by Koo.

Especially by Smeb. 3 wins in a row on Fiora, Ssumday just couldn't pick anything to beat it, unfortunate for him. Someone should try figure out a counterpick to that champion, honestly I can't see one.

r u sure you watching the right game, mate?

Ssumday destroyed Fiora in lane phase again.

killatopak

Gold Member
Great game by Koo.

You really love Fiora don't you?

It must be dat ass.

You really love Fiora don't you?

It must be dat ass.

She's my favourite champion, always has been.

In fact my first day working at Riot Games was the day her rework was released. Love the new passive. The champion update guys really hit the mark imo. I was worried when Blade Waltz was removed, but love her new gameplay.

I mean, I also just know her matchups so...

Grimløck;182088254 said:
i think someone already mentioned huni picking riven into it and snowballing

shhh, I'm just triggering Sunshine and it's working.

NSESN

I don't think fiora was a problem because she doesn't have counters, and more because Smeb was able to be relevant even after falling behind

Grimløck;182088254 said:
i think someone already mentioned huni picking riven into it and snowballing

Well the best counter to Fiora is just picking up QSS. Riven has a lot of attacks that riposte will have little effect on trades.

That's why Fiora has to run scared in the lane against Darius and help other lanes.

shhh, I'm just triggering Sunshine and it's working.

I'm actually enjoying pointing out how wrong you are over and over. 8)

It feels good, man.

Smeb played out of his mind, but PraY did a ton of work too when on Ashe. Great win from KOO. I'll be cheering for them against Fnatic, but it'll be a very tough match. I do not think Deilor will let Kuro get away with Veigar and Viktor.

interesting, Zirene says that an experience Fiora takes the matchup.

Win rate data would agree.

and did almost double the damage to champions that game

It's almost as if the early lane isn't everything when it comes to a matchup.

killatopak

Gold Member
Moving on from the earlier games..

What do you guys think of Origen vs SKT and KOO vs FNC?

Would they be a stomp or end in a 5 game series?

My predictions. 3-1 SKT Win, 3-2 FNC Win.

sleepykyo

The champion update guys really hit the mark imo. I was worried when Blade Waltz was removed, but love her new gameplay.

To each their own, but her new kit is ridiculous. If she has the ability to win a duel the opponent has no ability escape with her q, the speed boost on vital procs, the slow on e, while she can still poke and sustain when she is only even/slightly behind.

sleepykyo

Did you miss Crumbzz talking about how Smeb got destroyed in the lane phase with a 70 cs difference? (It was actually 90)

And yet Smeb nor Marin seem to mind the matchup. Pretty much the players themselves see it as even maybe slightly in Fiora's edge and she'll still outscale. Fiora needs to get hit hard with the nerf bat.

Neol

Well the best counter to Fiora is just picking up QSS. Riven has a lot of attacks that riposte will have little effect on trades.

That's why Fiora has to run scared in the lane against Darius and help other lanes.

I'm actually enjoying pointing out how wrong you are over and over. 8)

It feels good, man.

Uhh picking up QSS just to counter Fiora is terrible itemization.

Not trying to put more wood in the fire but just wanted to put my input on this Fiora vs Darius matchup.

In some aspects I find Darius actually a bit better in the early game since his kit allows him to just play safe and his naturally tankyness plus his Q heal helps him win trades and survive/turn around ganks. However I say it falls more on Fiora to make the lane in her favor since she has all the tools to do so. In a sense, I find the matchup fairly even but Fiora has to work a lot more harder to do so.

In the end though looking towards mid to late game. I find Fiora much more useful as she is a better splitpusher and can 1v1 easily when doing so. She also has more flexibility in teamfights, being able to pick out targets and getting off her ult heal does wonders. While Darius relies more on extended teamfights and him being in the middle of it which, on a high level, is hard to do since teams actually know how to peel and kite during teamfights.

Top Bottom