• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends World Championships 2015 |OCT 1-OCT 31|

Makareu

Welp, more disappointed in the 3-0 than the defeat. I hope KOO can give SKT a run for their money but it is unlikely.
Going forward I hope Fnatic has not hit its ceiling yet, but I am not overly optimistic about that.

NSESN

If Fnatic had won, at least it would be fun to see how SKT would beat them, SKT beat Koo so much that it isn't going to be near as fun

At least the west got both third places this year. That's more than I can say about S2~4. Maybe next year, hopefully the LCS changes will make the west more competitive.

zkylon

zkylewd
anyone checked the viewer count?

right now it's around 600k but after fnatic lost i bet a lot of ppl left

gonna be OG vs FNC for 3rd place.

or they don't have a battle for 3rd?
nope, no third place game

Congrats SKT. I watch a lot of OGN and i don't see how on earth Koo can win. Taking one game would be a miracle.
yeah, koo looks better than during the summer season but it's gonna be hard.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
S A V A G E
4Head.png

*Did I miss anything interesting today

Well after KR wobbled all year (two international tournaments won by China's EDG and NA's TSM) they ended up getting the first one-region World Championship final since season 1 (which was 90% NA and EU anyway). Korea finds a way.

NSESN

The finals would already have low viewership because china isn't in the finals, now with a all korean final it will only make a bit worse

zkylon

zkylewd

zkylon

zkylewd
i know it's shady about its viewership figures, no idea about the rest tbh

point is, idea that viewership is gonna be low for finals is dumb

might be lower than if there were chinese teams playing, but it's gonna be big regardless.

i know it's shady about its viewership figures, no idea about the rest tbh

point is, idea that viewership is gonna be low for finals is dumb

might be lower than if there were chinese teams playing, but it's gonna be big regardless.

I was talking about viewership being lower compared to S4.
S4 finals were lower than S3.

I was half kidding about everyone being salty, but at the same time, the timezone isn't great for the NA and Asian regions. Doesn't help that Europe got knocked out badly.

concurrent was higher (11.2m from 8.5m), total was lower (27m from 32m)

http://www.riotgames.com/articles/20141201/1628/worlds-2014-numbers

Exactly. With the rate LoL is growing, it should have been more, but it has been less even with a timezone that fits best with the biggest LoL audience that is Korea and China.

Who knows though. LCS has really picked up slack this season compared to last year, so maybe NA will wake up early and EU will wash the salt off and stick around.

Annubis

Reckles played like such a support that they should have made YellowStar the adc =/
I'm not sure if it's the nerves or he felt he was outplayed but that was painful.

Same with Huni top but at least he tried.

HORRORSHØW

what's next for nalcs? tsm needs to fill 3 positions, clg went with huhi over pob, c9 needs a jungler and support, tip's spot is for sale. the whole region is in flux. they need to stop recycling players, that's for sure.

Grimløck;182883170 said:
what's next for nalcs? tsm needs to fill 3 positions, clg went with huhi over pob, c9 needs a jungler and support, tip's spot is for sale. the whole region is in flux. they need to stop recycling players, that's for sure.
C9 needs a jungler or a support, not both. Hai is staying, isn't he?

patchday

huh so Fnatic went out like that? 0-3?! I missed the last game. I expected 5 close games. Didn't realize Koo would dominate them like this.

Top Bottom