• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Red Scarlet said:
Pretty sure fallengorn is in dreamland, so going to wait on that to see if he wants to join our team or not first.
I'm in. Might need to readjust though, so I don't try and sticky jump with the grenade launcher.

Team X (epic name is going through qualification process)

1. gregor7777
  2. ahoyhoy
  3. empty
  4. empty

We still need two. Steam gifts will help your chance. j/k

Sibylus

Banned
Red Scarlet said:
I don't think I can abide by 1,2,4,7,8 all the time.
Simplified/reduced version. Yea, nay?

• Humans set the pace, not zombies. Looting is a victimless crime.
  • Camping events isn't fun, so run!
  • Stick together, don't run off, watch each other's backs.
  • Don't take the score too seriously, be nice, don't use exploits.

xero273

I had this problem for awhile now, but never bothered to fix it until now. When I first play L4D2, in like the first couple minutes of gameplay, the game would freeze and sound would loop. Couple seconds later the game would unfreeze and everything would work normally. I assume this is the stuttering problem. So I unchecked that dual core rendering option, but the problem still exists. Here are my PC specs:

E4300 stock speeds
Radeon x1950 pro
2GB ram
corsair 520W PSU

Is there any other fix I can try? Thanks. I play the game at 1280x800.

xero273

Botolf said:
What is your v-sync setting at?

I'll have to check tonight when I get home. But I never touched vsync so it is probably on default which I assume is enabled. Unless there are more options under vsync.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
:lol Wish I took a screenshot of this.

We were playing scavenge in the mall (me with a bunch of F7 members). We've played together a bit enough to co-op nicely, so we won every single round. Anyways, this one bunch come in and join and they start off as survivors. The do the whole two up and two down thing, but have no idea how to defend themselves. I'm a smoker and I tongue-grab a survivor right near the car, and a teammate jumps his buddy. The other two survivors were oblivious or didn't care.

I type in "HALLO" and the guy responds "FUCKING GAFFER"

Teknoman

PC Co-op people, do you guys just play campaign/survivor with people on your friends list, or public games as well? Been spoiled by playing friends list only games :lol

Anyway, im officially off on break, so send invites whenever.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Kuro Madoushi said:
:lol Wish I took a screenshot of this.

We were playing scavenge in the mall (me with a bunch of F7 members). We've played together a bit enough to co-op nicely, so we won every single round. Anyways, this one bunch come in and join and they start off as survivors. The do the whole two up and two down thing, but have no idea how to defend themselves. I'm a smoker and I tongue-grab a survivor right near the car, and a teammate jumps his buddy. The other two survivors were oblivious or didn't care.

I type in "HALLO" and the guy responds "FUCKING GAFFER"
:lol

syllogism

SDK is out
http://www.l4d.com/blog/post.php?id=3286

PLAYERS: If you are not looking to design but play custom campaigns all you need to do is install the add-on support package. Just go into steam and open up the Tools tab. Look for the entry labeled Left 4 Dead 2 - Add-on Support click and install it. This download is sizable, but will update your L4D2 installation to allow running ANY map, including custom maps made for the original Left 4 Dead. Once installed, you do not need to run this application, it will always be active.

syllogism

Servers that allow you to choose your infected are pretty cool, though you can only pick out of the ones that the director has "available", ie. haven't been used recently. Also tried survival with human controlled infected, it was okay.

MNC

TheOneGuy said:
but i was cool before fallen
Can we be cool together?

I still don't know when this all is occuring and if I even have time or the possibility to join with my non-US connection and timezone

Had a go at solo Expert Realism on The Parish. First two levels were fine, did first time; third level beat me senseless over and over and over, for at least two hours. Farthest I got was just past the drop down to the cemetery proper with one bot left. You'd need a perfect run.

Then I took a break to get a drink and when I came back the server had shut down because everyone was idle. Durr.

Also, for some reason the bots go full retard when you reach the car lot. I think they're not allowed to shoot as much or something. It's infuriating. They just huddle around the top of the ladder and wait to die.

Twig

Banned
MNC said:
Can we be cool together?

I still don't know when this all is occuring and if I even have time or the possibility to join with my non-US connection and timezone
We'll be the coolest of them all.

Haters be missin' out.

Red Scarlet

Well, I tested it and loaded it up..only saw L4D1 items early on (medkits, pistols, sniper, assault rifle, molotovs) and baseball bat in the safe room, but the new infected badguys showed up. Could be interesting either way and I imagine the more popular maps will later on get 2's new weapons/items added.

JambiBum

Is there any 360 Gaf who has a team going? I see all these epic teams but notice that they are only for the PC version. Makes me sad.

Daigoro

cmon Steam sale. drop this to 30 so i can instabuy it.

im going to be off for the next few days and i just know im going to forget checking GAF/Steam and miss this deal entirely.

Shake Appeal said:
Had a go at solo Expert Realism on The Parish. First two levels were fine, did first time; third level beat me senseless over and over and over, for at least two hours. Farthest I got was just past the drop down to the cemetery proper with one bot left. You'd need a perfect run.

Then I took a break to get a drink and when I came back the server had shut down because everyone was idle. Durr.

thats pretty far. that level can be SO fucking hard on expert/realism.

xero273

Red Scarlet said:
Oh hell yeah, can play POWERSTATION in l4d2!

Is that the map with lasers?

JambiBum said:
Is there any 360 Gaf who has a team going? I see all these epic teams but notice that they are only for the PC version. Makes me sad.

You mean a 360 GAF vs League? No, currently there is no one doing those right now. There are 360 gaffers that play, but don't know if there are enough to do a league.

xero273

Botolf said:
Default is double buffered, I think. Try triple buffered if you have a modern-ish card and see how that goes.

switch to triple buffered. Same result. Thanks for the help though. I'll just live with it. PC is probably dying or something.

Teknoman

Hell yeah!

2vcgu8l.png

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I don't know if this has been brought up by anyone else here, but there are two melee weapons in the files that aren't in the game: the riot shield and weapon called the didgeridoo. The didgeridoo is untextured, but apparently it's a wind instrument from Australia. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Updated the OP a tad. I removed the section that includes the weapons as I felt at this time it is useless info. I updated the mod section with info for the SDK being released and will continue to update it as the mod community does what it does best.

syllogism

Yeah there are already l4d1 campaign vpks out that work without any trickery. They seem to be in daylight though, but still look surprisingly good.

e: ooh it includes nighttime versions too

Facism

I recently went back to give L4d1 a go because half my friendslist refuses to buy the sequel.

Man they throw so many more zombies at you when it comes to a horde.

Zzoram

Facism said:
I recently went back to give L4d1 a go because half my friendslist refuses to buy the sequel.

Man they throw so many more zombies at you when it comes to a horde.

Boomer bile was nerfed a bit in L4D2. It might be to account for the new special infected.

Top Bottom