• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

Threi said:
Getting it for 360 (GASP) tomorrow.

Blasphemous, I know, but I find the game most fun when I am playing casually with my friends and family...who own 360s.

I'm not looking to play the game "hardcore" so to speak so I am willing to use the cumbersome inferior controls (truthfully they fucking suck :lol)
The 360 version is great. Other than not being able to do headshots, the control is great.

Movement control is probably better with the 360 version plus you get that 180 spin move which is pretty good if you can get the hang of using it.

xero273

Red Scarlet said:
I'd like to have some kind of sGAFenge (yeah, cheesy) thing going with 7 other folks this weekend. Random teams of folks from here, playing each map. Best of 3? Possibly 5?
probably 3
Only 6 maps, should take as long as a VS match, and could be fun. Would anyone want to try?

sure, i'll do it.

Stallion Free said:
Nope, join the group and start asking around to get on a team.

Thanks. joining right now.

I guess I'll post this here too. Since not a lot of people read the comments section on the group page. Anyone looking for one more teammate in the gaf vs league? Warning: I am not that good. I suck at throwing rocks when I am tank. Let me know if you have an open spot.

feel

Threi said:
I am willing to use the cumbersome inferior controls (truthfully they fucking suck :lol)
They only suck if never play games on consoles and you think Halo/call of duty also have bad console controls. They're fine.

Twig

Banned
Run a virus/spyware scan on that shit, I s'pose. EDIT: Ah. I'd still run a scan just to be sure, personally. But if it was just phishing you're safe.

gregor7777 said:
Awesome. MNC is in whether he likes it or not.
Works for me.

Gowans

Got this for 360 for Christmas.

Just played half the first campaign on normal, so good but well tougher than the first.

Will be on the look out for a crew to play with.

Threi

notag
Letters said:
They only suck if never play games on consoles and you think Halo/call of duty also have bad console controls. They're fine.
I do think Halo/Call of Duty have bad console controls, as does any game that requires aiming. It's workable when you get used to it (which I already am), but its nothing above that.

Anyways I went to buy it today and it was sold out :(

Vanpira

Red Scarlet said:
Ok so we've got

me
Conceptor possibly
vert
marvel possibly
xero
RD possibly

Time wise I was thinking/hoping about 630PST-930EST.

If you still need someone at that time I'll play.

There's a strong possibility I'll play. North of maybe, but I'm not sure I'd call it likely. That's far too presumptuous for my tastes. It could definitely (possibly) happen.

vertopci

I plan on playing a couple L4D1 VS games today...Dead Air and Blood Harvest. Which is what I meant by VS just so everyone knows...

syllogism

Being able to choose your infected makes vs so much better. You still have to follow the restrictions, as in no more than one of each and there are timers.

Red Scarlet

Ok, I'm about to fix dinner then after that will play, those that still want to try to, post so we know how many folks actually want/are going to.

vertopci

syllogism said:
Being able to choose your infected makes vs so much better. You still have to follow the restrictions, as in no more than one of each and there are timers.

Everyone told me I was a retard when I said being able to choose infected would make L4D2 VS better the third day the game was out. :(

Our L4D1 VS is gonna start at 930/10 EST time...

Red Scarlet

It helps you try to become better at them all if you can't choose though..and if you can choose it's probably just a bunch of quad cap groups or HCSB.

Volcynika

Red Scarlet said:
It helps you try to become better at them all if you can't choose though..and if you can choose it's probably just a bunch of quad cap groups or HCSB.

And some people would keep on choosing the same ones so others couldn't get a shot at playing as one of them.

vertopci

Volcynika said:
Yes, I do. Two people can keep others from having a go at one and maybe two classes.

Sorry you only play with pubbies and not people who actually care about cooperation and working with teammates.

Had my first experience of the game tonight after the great Steam sale. I've always pubbed it - usually resulting in great experiences with the original - but with the seemingly rather large increase of difficulty in this game I got no further than the section where you have to fill the car up with gas. Nobody was being smart about it and after half a dozen tries I had to ragequit. :lol

I'll try it tomorrow and probably find some people who aren't retards, but it's a shame I couldn't get to the end of the first act.

Regardless of that I love all of the changes, the characters, the focus on doing more rather than surviving etc. I know I'm LTTP, mainly due to Modern Warfare 2, but I am going to get super hooked just as I did with the original.

Twig

Banned
Foliorum Viridum said:
Had my first experience of the game tonight after the great Steam sale. I've always pubbed it - usually resulting in great experiences with the original - but with the seemingly rather large increase of difficulty in this game I got no further than the section where you have to fill the car up with gas. Nobody was being smart about it and after half a dozen tries I had to ragequit. :lol

I'll try it tomorrow and probably find some people who aren't retards, but it's a shame I couldn't get to the end of the first act.

Regardless of that I love all of the changes, the characters, the focus on doing more rather than surviving etc. I know I'm LTTP, mainly due to Modern Warfare 2, but I am going to get super hooked just as I did with the original.
It just takes some getting used to.

It's certainly more difficult, but once you get used to the new things, and discover the tricks, just like the first game, things get a lot easier.

Oh yeah, I adjusted fine, but it seemed like none of my allies had.

I actually had a great moment that was worth the shitty team - on the section where you have to run up to the third floor to turn off your alarm, everyone decided to stay in the tiny room where you break the window and didn't get motived by my orders to run, thus getting overwhelmed. I snuck out through the window, DASHED to the alarm, managed to just make it, shut the door behind me, save the A.I. characters who had respawned in the closet of that room and just about survive, making it to the end of the chapter.

I mean, it was on normal so it's not like I was being fucking awesome, but it was one of those amazingly satisfying moments that only Left 4 Dead can provide which makes me feel as if my cock could split any woman in two, y'know? :D

If you have an open spot in the versus match feel free to invite me. I am not the giant jerk some people might believe, at least not intentionally.

Red Scarlet said:
Hey let's play some sgafenge.
Oh, I guess it's still an hour..or no one wants to right now. :(
I'll be online about 40 mins from now, probably a little late, but I've only just this very moment woken up.

Anyone here needing another person for a L4D2 4-pack? Or does any, kind, loving yank want to help out an unfortunate Aussie gamer? Now that I can play this game, I want to. But I don't want to play the 4Kids version if at all possible.

Teknoman

I should be doing hw said:
Anyone here needing another person for a L4D2 4-pack? Or does any, kind, loving yank want to help out an unfortunate Aussie gamer? Now that I can play this game, I want to. But I don't want to play the 4Kids version if at all possible.

Should also post about it in the Steam Holiday sale topic.

Top Bottom