• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
So i just got the game for Xmas and been playing the maps on Single player so that i can learn them a little before playing online and getting yelled at for being too much of a noob.. but honestly, how is the online community on PC? Are players retarded like half the time, ruining the gameplay? Haven't been playing L4D1 online for a while, so i kinda forgot.

And man, is that game harder. Normal wasn't hard at all, even with bots, on L4D1. But it's kinda kicking my ass now. :lol

Also, I LOVE the melee weapons. It's so fun to slash all these zombies with a katana or axe. :D

Red Scarlet

Well, we got 2 games, so that was pretty cool.

If you still want to play a campaign later Daigoro or whoever, just toss me a message I guess.

xero273

tomorrow should be fun. I don't think i have ever played on swamp fever or hard rain.

I want to make sure I am playing spitter right in scavenge. So the strategy for spitter is to spit when they start pouring gas cans or when they start tossing them down from a high up place? What do you do when you are waiting for your acid to recharge?

Smash88

Banned
xero273 said:
tomorrow should be fun. I don't think i have ever played on swamp fever or hard rain.

I want to make sure I am playing spitter right in scavenge. So the strategy for spitter is to spit when they start pouring gas cans or when they start tossing them down from a high up place? What do you do when you are waiting for your acid to recharge?

Try to spit a tad early, because it takes a bit to take effect, and start damage and disrupt the pouring bar. Also spitting when they toss them down is a good strategy if no one is around to pick it up really fast at the bottom. I good strategy would be to jockey/smoker pull/etc... and spit. When you wait for it to recharge, you just relax...:lol - Get ready to spit in the next place if needed...?

Teknoman

Bisnic said:
So i just got the game for Xmas and been playing the maps on Single player so that i can learn them a little before playing online and getting yelled at for being too much of a noob.. but honestly, how is the online community on PC? Are players retarded like half the time, ruining the gameplay? Haven't been playing L4D1 online for a while, so i kinda forgot.

And man, is that game harder. Normal wasn't hard at all, even with bots, on L4D1. But it's kinda kicking my ass now. :lol

Also, I LOVE the melee weapons. It's so fun to slash all these zombies with a katana or axe. :D

I dunno how public L4D2 games are, since I havent jump into a public co-op/competitive game yet, but GAF usually just plays fine.

Anyway 96%.

vertopci

GGs tonight. Especially that L4D2 match with the infected chooser enabled :lol

Also morningbus and conceptor need to stop fucking spectating our l4d1 games and start playing in them >:|

Remfin

vertopci said:
Also morningbus and conceptor need to stop fucking spectating our l4d1 games and start playing in them >:|
No, people need to start inviting me to games because when I take the initiative to join games that are forming they bitch at me it's a reserved slot! :lol

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
vertopci said:
GGs tonight. Especially that L4D2 match with the infected chooser enabled :lol

God, that Infected chooser is godly. It was so nice pretty much always getting to have a boomer if you want. Definitely want that on from now on.

Nabs

Remfin said:
No, people need to start inviting me to games because when I take the initiative to join games that are forming they bitch at me it's a reserved slot! :lol

not in our games. i know this because if i leave the room for a sec, they'll start a game w/o me. i'll try to invite you more often :D

Red Scarlet

So. Record it anyway! I'm watching a vs match in the tournament tomorrow which is probably when you guys are playing. Just record it anyway, plz.

n0b

Can somebody please tell me how Valve made the survivor AI so much worse this time around. I wanted to do a run through by myself to learn the layouts so I am not letting everybody down when I play online, and these fucking AIs will not move towards objectives, they wont follow me no matter how fast or slow I go, they wont rescue me, they wont shoot dangerous targets, and they have made this just about one of my most unpleasant gaming experiences this year.

I need to get into some gaf games, but most of the people who seem to play l4d2 regularly never friended me. ):

vazel

Banned
I just laugh at the stupid AI bots. Sometimes I get pinned by a hunter and the bots are still lagging way behind and they don't make it to me in time so I die. Or I get jockeyed and they're just standing right next to me not doing anything.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
The bots in 2 seem to take a lot longer to react to SI attacks. They also seems to take forever to simply melee that hunter/smoker/jockey off of you.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
fanboi said:
So, just bought it and played through the Swamp... fun fun... any pointers or noob things that you need to know?

Watch out for Chargers near high ledges or deep water. Especially in Versus.

So I played through the first two campaigns without a retarded team today and loved it. Everything is superior to the original and the complaints of it not being DLC which I found laughable to begin with have been invalidated even further.

Red Scarlet

n0b said:
Can somebody please tell me how Valve made the survivor AI so much worse this time around. I wanted to do a run through by myself to learn the layouts so I am not letting everybody down when I play online, and these fucking AIs will not move towards objectives, they wont follow me no matter how fast or slow I go, they wont rescue me, they wont shoot dangerous targets, and they have made this just about one of my most unpleasant gaming experiences this year.

I need to get into some gaf games, but most of the people who seem to play l4d2 regularly never friended me. ):

Friend them then.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Survivor AI is worse? I haven't noticed. I've been headshotted by Coach with a pistol in the middle of a hunter leap from 100 feet where no one else (3 other human players) was looking. Shit was nuts.

Anyways, if anyone is looking for some XBL lovin', hit me up at SpeedinUptoStop

Volcynika

drkOne said:
Hey! We won the most rounds!

2rqhant.gif

(Still won!)

Red Scarlet

So when you randomly message "nub" is that Volcynikan for "I am inviting you to play" without hitting the invite thing? I always thought it was you flirting.

Volcynika

Red Scarlet said:
So when you randomly message "nub" is that Volcynikan for "I am inviting you to play" without hitting the invite thing? I always thought it was you flirting.

Could be anything depending on my mood! :D

Judderman

drawer by drawer
n0b said:

Oh hey you joined the game me and my friend were in this morning/last night. Sorry we weren't very talkative, we were on Ventrilo.

Are there any GAF games tonight?

Red Scarlet

Judderman said:
Oh hey you joined the game me and my friend were in this morning/last night. Sorry we weren't very talkative, we were on Ventrilo.

Are there any GAF games tonight?

I think Vert and co are doing vs, I have no idea if people are going to do scavenge or not. Then again there's games every day really.

I bought a logitech G330 headset today, was wondering if anyone knows if its possible to play L4D2 on PC via steam and have only voice come through the headset like it is on xbox?

So I just picked this game up at Gamestop for $30.

I was wondering, how friendly is the PC community to non-mic'ed players? I don't have a headset for my PC so I'm wondering if I'll get kicked out of every room like I would on 360.

Red Scarlet said:
:eek:

This explains many things.

Anyway, it's always a little heartbreaking when you play with randoms and the teamwork just isn't there, or they do weird things. For example, I always Hunter someone and hope the nearby Smoker would pull the guy coming to rescue my victim...only to do it after I'm dead. Also, when Jockeys don't make the team backtrack by making their victim progress...D:

xero273

SuicideUZI said:
I bought a logitech G330 headset today, was wondering if anyone knows if its possible to play L4D2 on PC via steam and have only voice come through the headset like it is on xbox?

It's not possible. At least from what I read.

sublime085 said:
So I just picked this game up at Gamestop for $30.

I was wondering, how friendly is the PC community to non-mic'ed players? I don't have a headset for my PC so I'm wondering if I'll get kicked out of every room like I would on 360.

I think they are pretty friendly toward non-mic'ed players. I don't have a headset and joined a bunch of pub vs game. Haven't been kicked out yet.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
dragonlife29 said:
:eek:

This explains many things.

Anyway, it's always a little heartbreaking when you play with randoms and the teamwork just isn't there, or they do weird things. For example, I always Hunter someone and hope the nearby Smoker would pull the guy coming to rescue my victim...only to do it after I'm dead. Also, when Jockeys don't make the team backtrack by making their victim progress...D:

Well it depends on the Jockey situation. Like if someone runs ahead in the bus station event, Jockeying them ahead keeps their team from reaching them and can cause them to rush and lose focus.

Top Bottom