• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

I would call shenanigans on that, especially as it was a team versus, and people tend to fuck with those (we all got kicked from the server once on the finale of a game we were winning).

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
wayward archer said:
I knew the nightstick was good at something. I always look for one because of it's tendency to not hit other players (crowbar seems to randomly miss other players as well), but now I'll have to try and beat a tank to death with it.

I never pick up the tonfa/baton because it seems like it has a very short reach compared to the axe/katana; but that could possibly just be my imagination.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Is it just me or does it seem like sometimes common infected survived against the blunt weapons?

Ice Monkey said:
Hey just figured i'd mention, I've played a bunch of l4d2 scavenge matches, recorded the .dem files and posted youtube videos of them for the past few months though i've been on a hiatus of l4d2 for a little while now. Anyway they are great fun to watch, lots of good teamwork. Lemme know what you think! It's like 200 3-5 minute videos (O . O)

http://www.youtube.com/EggsNBaconBreakfast
Ooooh, thanks! :D I love watching L4D matches.

I've watched a whole bunch of them already.

I connected to a weird server last night. We played Swamp Fever on normal, but a few minutes in I felt something was off. Survivors and infected moved like they were lagging a bit and somehow infected seemed to do more damage. When we called the ferry, we almost got beaten. Two went down and I got killed, that didn't seem right for normal. I checked the difficulty, but it was still on normal. The other players also felt that something wasnt right.

What was going on? Somehow the game was sped up, everything moved like twice the normal speed. Tanks got to us in a few seconds and infected surrounded you before you got a chance to act.

xero273

OmegaDragon said:
I connected to a weird server last night. We played Swamp Fever on normal, but a few minutes in I felt something was off. Survivors and infected moved like they were lagging a bit and somehow infected seemed to do more damage. When we called the ferry, we almost got beaten. Two went down and I got killed, that didn't seem right for normal. I checked the difficulty, but it was still on normal. The other players also felt that something wasnt right.

What was going on? Somehow the game was sped up, everything moved like twice the normal speed. Tanks got to us in a few seconds and infected surrounded you before you got a chance to act.

not sure if it is possible, but the server could have changed certain settings to make the zombies do more dmg or move faster.

rezuth

Anybody know the plugin that gives survivors playing campaign an option to buy stuff using points? I played with it some month ago and it was pretty fun to just buy a weapon.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
rezuth said:
Anybody know the plugin that gives survivors playing campaign an option to buy stuff using points? I played with it some month ago and it was pretty fun to just buy a weapon.

Been playing versus servers with increased players and ability to buy stuff with points. It's a lot of hectic fun, but not exactly balanced.

* As survivor you can go from incapped to fully healed.
* As infected you can heal yourself - which is only really useful for the tank, but if that person has enough points accumulated (per round only luckily, not campaign), they can heal themselves a few times for a seemingly invincible tank.
* You can also spawn an AI-controlled tank (fun! Can fuck up the survivors really badly depending on where in the level it's spawned), but there's a level limit fortunately.
* You can save your points and choose a good time to spawn an army of (AI-controlled) hunters. Suddenly you go from 10 vs 10 to 16 vs 10.

I also like being able to crawl around while incapped.

xero273

rezuth said:

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=110229

Probably this one.

OmegaDragon said:
I'm certain everything was sped up, not just the infected. Movement, healing and reviving, survivor attack speed etc.

If possible, all those setting could have been changed on the server. This is only possible on third party servers. I think official valve servers are left at default.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
rezuth said:

So L4D is just Killing Floor

lol

vazel

Banned
There is a glitch as charger where as you're pounding someone to the ground you can scratch them. Does anyone know the timing to this? I tried spamming scratch but it didn't work so there has to be timing to it. At what point of the pound animation do you do it?

Wrekt

vertopci said:
Yea, I'd like if the rest of you guys who joined that group could start getting teams up. I still have to make a schedule and shit but can't until we get more teams
Unfortunately I'm in the exact opposite boat. I have an odd schedule so I don't want to join a team until I know what time the games are.

Finish The Parish on Expert earlier with all four of us still alive. Forgot the anxiety that comes with, and even forgot I had a medkit on me after we fought the Tank in the finale. Had to make it all the way to the chopper with about 30 health left (9 during the last few meters).

I missed that feeling.

vertopci

Wrekt said:
Unfortunately I'm in the exact opposite boat. I have an odd schedule so I don't want to join a team until I know what time the games are.

The teams decide what time to play at. It's up to the teams to find out what time works for both sides. Basically there will be a deadline, around 2 weeks after you find out what team you are playing. The two teams decide when they want to play before the deadline.

vazel

Banned
Oh what the hell I play the game all the time anyway I'll join a team.

Do I just click join this group? Or do I have to get a team together first?

vertopci

vazel said:
Oh what the hell I play the game all the time anyway I'll join a team.

Do I just click join this group? Or do I have to get a team together first?

Join the group, then talk to the other guys in the group and get a team together!

Minimum of 4, max of 6

So I haven't been playing much as of late but today I decided to clear Dark Carnival on Expert with a group of randoms. Long story short we made it to the finale, hit the switch and the heli just swooped on in. Easiest finale ever?!

Daigoro

Jeff Stephen said:
So I haven't been playing much as of late but today I decided to clear Dark Carnival on Expert with a group of randoms. Long story short we made it to the finale, hit the switch and the heli just swooped on in. Easiest finale ever?!

weird, havent seen that one yet.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I've seen it happen once before too. It was Normal difficulty though. Helicopter came right after we started the event, i was like WTF? :lol

Looking to join/assemble a group for the tourney. I'm in the Mid-west US if it matters, available nights and weekends. I'll play as serious or casual as the team wants to, but if everyone had mics that would be great!

PM me or add me to your Steam friends, my handle is the same as this one.

Daigoro

me too, but i work all night long.

if i get a good nap in tomorrow ill be up for some late night zombie slaying though! need to get to work on those expert campaigns.

Best thing to do is list the team roster thus far (even if it's just you) so that there's something formal written down. People will join that way.

eg

Team BallTicklers

You
Open
Open
Open

Looking for 3 more

edit lol

vazel

Banned
I find it ironic that the most horrible players I've seen has been in realism mode. Probably because most people only play it for the achievement.

Raide

Really LTTP for this one but loved the first game. Just had one of those moments when I remember I love Left 4 Dead.

Running over the huge bridge to safety, getting mauled left, right and centre. Finally get to the home stretch with the A.I right behind me. Starting dashing forward, only to run into a Charger who promptly charges me right in the face and right into the massive hole leading to oblivion. I could do nothing apart from laugh my head off and start again.

gregor7777 said:
Best thing to do is list the team roster thus far (even if it's just you) so that there's something formal written down. People will join that way.

Good idea-

Team Action League Now

Starring:
Buddha "Stinky Diver" Rockstar
Your Name Here
Your Name Here
Your Name Here

Top Bottom