• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

Red Scarlet

I already sent this to Stallion and Morningbus, but you may get a kick out of it too:
http://redscarlet.paragonsigma.com/L4D/010710vswitchquad.avi

The demo from earlier is up too, if you wanted to review anything.

I tried to keep most of the stuff in private with d.
Discussed some strats, what we thought would happen here and there in private, then "cheers" in public.

Oh. :lol you didn't play tonight. Well, that's one thing you missed.

Shit, you did play. God I'm bad with names.

Red Scarlet

Yeah, but they're just .dem files and from the first game.
Unless you don't care about that, then I could make them into .avi's.

drkOne

vertopci said:
Not getting a spec slot for L4D2 anytime soon :/

Play the game instead of watching :/
You better get some!

It's a nice way to learn, both from watching you guys play and from discussing it with Scarlet. And .dems are boring compared to a live match.

xero273

BuddhaRockstar said:
Good idea-

Team Action League Now

Starring:
Buddha "Stinky Diver" Rockstar
Your Name Here
Your Name Here
Your Name Here

I'll join your team. steam name is an0ther. I don't have a mic. I would prefer playing during the weekends, but I can do weeknights as long as we can get a match done before midnight. My timezone is eastern.

Red Scarlet said:

What's the name of the dem or link? For some reason no one is posting their cevo matches dem for this week so I need something to watch. Thanks.

profit

Anyone in Europe keep getting laggy games? My internet connection is fine, I have no trouble with any other online game, but with L4D2 I keep getting an orange bar and when there is a crescendo event, everyone jumps around on the screen...
Getting really annoying.

vertopci

drkOne said:
You better get some!

It's a nice way to learn, both from watching you guys play and from discussing it with Scarlet. And .dems are boring compared to a live match.

I'd rather spend money on games than spectator slots!

vertopci

drkOne said:
Oh :( Didn't know it involved spending more for spectator slots. Sorry D:

Of course it does! Otherwise every server would have spectator slots!

I would have like 50 spec slots and it would be awesome

Volcynika

vertopci said:

I would have like 50 spec slots and it would be awesome

And it would still be awful and have crazy scores! :p

Red Scarlet said:
I already sent this to Stallion and Morningbus, but you may get a kick out of it too:
http://redscarlet.paragonsigma.com/L4D/010710vswitchquad.avi

I tried to keep most of the stuff in private with d.
Discussed some strats, what we thought would happen here and there in private, then "cheers" in public.

Oh. :lol you didn't play tonight. Well, that's one thing you missed.

Shit, you did play. God I'm bad with names.
:lol
Yay, video of me failing as smoker! The video made me feel a little bit better though since I didn't realize they were all bleeding out so much while trying to take me out.

Edit:
And maybe it's the lack of a space in my name on here that threw you off. I stupidly forgot to add a space when I registered for the board. Now I always regret it. :(

xero273 said:
I'll join your team. steam name is an0ther. I don't have a mic. I would prefer playing during the weekends, but I can do weeknights as long as we can get a match done before midnight. My timezone is eastern.

Awesome, just added you, two more and we're set.

BuddhaRockstar said:
Awesome, just added you, two more and we're set.

I would like to join too, timezones be damned :) My steam ID: Ridley187

profit said:
Anyone in Europe keep getting laggy games? My internet connection is fine, I have no trouble with any other online game, but with L4D2 I keep getting an orange bar and when there is a crescendo event, everyone jumps around on the screen...
Getting really annoying.

Played some games Thursday evening, all of them had good pings (most players were in the green) and played smoothly

drkOne

vertopci said:
Makes sense, never had really gave it much thought :x

Volcynika said:
That game where your server was being awful and giving the losing team higher scores and making it look like they were winning! Nub.
And I bet vert was on the losing team *cough*

drkOne

Volcynika said:
I call hax on that VS match!

Also drkOne had an unstable connection which hurt us! Or something.

Still. Hax!
Router went down twice… Left the game and never happened again.
ISP must hate me, or maybe it really is because I bought MW2, I deserved it D:

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
Man I swear Versus just gets less fun the better you get. There's no way to skill matchmake other than having a ton of friends and knowing how good they all are - no barrier of entry or easy skill descriptor like playing Expert in campaign. Being stuck on a team with someone who isn't nearly as good is really frustrating in a game that's so heavily team dependent when you're good enough to recognize all their bad decisions. I think I might just stick to occasional co-op from now on.

Twig

Banned
Volcynika said:
I call hax on that VS match!

Also drkOne had an unstable connection which hurt us! Or something.

Still. Hax!
Yeah that was pretty weird. S:
drkOne said:
Router went down twice… Left the game and never happened again.
ISP must hate me, or maybe it really is because I bought MW2, I deserved it D:
Then I totes blame you.

drkOne

TheOneGuy said:
Then I totes blame you.
I even risked it trying to get you up during the tank!
Stupid decision tho D: I thought I'd make it because of the adrenaline

But now I'm curious to know what happened after I left :eek:

Red Scarlet said:
Yeah, but they're just .dem files and from the first game.
Unless you don't care about that, then I could make them into .avi's.
Yeah, I know they're from the first game :p The short video you posted prior was such a cocktease, so to speak...need moar.

If it's no problem I'd love them .avis

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
dragonlife29 said:
Yeah, I know they're from the first game :p The short video you posted prior was such a cocktease, so to speak...need moar.

If it's no problem I'd love them .avis

I feel famous having someone so interested in watching our game. Please don't watch the finale, my team did our best, but we failed there :(

Ramirez

I know I'll get mocked for playing it on the 360, but I just wanted to say how disappointed I am in the matchmaking again. The games are rarely ever competitive, usually have a ton of guests in them, and usually end up being 4 on 1 or some other combination way before the game is over.

Why is it so hard to implement some type of ranked MM or use True Skill to match you up with even teams? I would play this game way more than MW2 if it were set up in a way like Halo's MM, it's just a busted mess like it is now.

The game is awesome though, I love scavenge, I just wish the problems above didn't exist.

Ok so I am being yelled at to find a team for L4D VS league, I'll post this here and in the steam group. I pretty sure I am not a great player and I am not promising to bring leet skillz but it would be nice to find a team that's fun to play with.

kai3345

Banned
Anyone else have Two tanks spawn on the Swamp Fever finale?
My friend and I did it three times (Normal x2 and Easy x2) and every time 2 Tanks spawned. The only time I've seen two tanks spawn is in Survival.

Slavik81

kai3345 said:
My friend and I did it three times (Normal x2 and Easy x2) and every time 2 Tanks spawned. The only time I've seen two tanks spawn is in Survival.
That happens every time.

xero273

kai3345 said:

It's suppose to be like that. We are talking about after you start the finale and kill the first tank, correct?

Volcynika

I don't know why everyone really detests Swamp Fever on VS, I played it for the first time last night and enjoyed it!

(to be followed by posts of "WELL I HATE IT BECAUSE ___")

Blizzard

Banned
vertopci said:
Great now you can listen to your team even less and fuck them over ever more!
Don't worry vert, some day maybe you will find love. :)

And of course everyone can mute me! It is amazing everyone doesn't mute me all the time. Who would want to play a game with a complaining guy who has a high-pitched whiny voice. =(

Volcynika said:
I don't know why everyone really detests Swamp Fever on VS, I played it for the first time last night and enjoyed it!

Most people hate it cause it's so flat and wide open. Especially the 2nd map. Makes getting a good boom off very difficult at times.

I like it too though. The first map and the Village are cool, as is the finale. Honestly there isn't a single campaign I don't enjoy playing in verses in this game.

Lostconfused said:
Ok so I am being yelled at to find a team for L4D VS league, I'll post this here and in the steam group. I pretty sure I am not a great player and I am not promising to bring leet skillz but it would be nice to find a team that's fun to play with.

BuddhaRockstar said:
Team Action League Now

Starring:
Buddha "Stinky Diver" Rockstar
xero273
OmegaDragon (membership pending I guess :p)
Your Name Here

:D

Volcynika said:

I nver played it until this week. After hearing some negative comments, I wanted to see how it was. I liked it, played through it a couple of times. I heard some complaints regarding it being hard to get a spawn spot, as the survivors could see you through bushes. But I never really had a problem with it, I could find plenty of trees that would get me out of sight. Then again, I didn't play against or with very good teams.
I noticed some epic stupidity on the bots on that campaign. At the crescendo of map 3, a charger got my buddy and ran of with him. I wanted to rescue him, but got huntered. The 2 bots were both only a few feet from me, but they hesitated for a few seconds and decided they would go after the charger. The opposing team was amazed as well :p

snack

For these L4D2 demos, is it possible to switch the person you're spectating? I can only pause and play the demos, and nothing else.

Twig

Banned
snack said:
For these L4D2 demos, is it possible to switch the person you're spectating? I can only pause and play the demos, and nothing else.
There are ways to edit the camera path but it is not an easy task and I am convinced requires ritualistic sacrifice of some sort.

At least as far as I know.

Top Bottom