• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

Red Scarlet

Volcynika said:
:lol

2drxtt3.gif

? I'm pretty sure that's been commonly known for a long time/since the mod's implementation.

Stallion really hates melee weapons though..

Volcynika

Red Scarlet said:
? I'm pretty sure that's been commonly known for a long time/since the mod's implementation.

I called that months before the release. Hey, maybe they can remove melee weapons too and get rid of even more features!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Red Scarlet said:

I don't hate melee weapons as much as I hate tier 2 when it comes to tanks.

vazel

Banned
What exactly are the conditions for the strength in numbers achievement? I beat a versus game with a friend and didn't get it. Do all 4 of us have to be friends?

Volcynika

vazel said:
What exactly are the conditions for the strength in numbers achievement? I beat a versus game with a friend and didn't get it. Do all 4 of us have to be friends?

You have to use the 4v4 matchmaking and win, can't do a regular vs lobby with 7 other people to join.

Red Scarlet

If y'all are gonna race, at least let everyone load in to the game before you use up all the medkits, run out, and set everything on fire in the way.

Red Scarlet said:
They were halfway through the level before I loaded in, by the first gun pickup next to a witch. It's not much a race when they get a 40 second head start.
After the first time that happened on level 2, we'd wait 'til you had loaded. And Mut and I always healed the slower-loading players so that they'd be ready to go. =(

Volcynika

Red Scarlet said:
They were halfway through the level before I loaded in, by the first gun pickup next to a witch. It's not much a race when they get a 40 second head start.

If I wasn't tired to play, I would've waited! They're just nubs and not fair.

Red Scarlet

You can't get that achievement, for one! But I lamered that one anyway since it's likely to never actually be able to occur in a real game.

Teknoman

xero273 said:
got it. I don't remember that part being in there. The video just showed Red throwing the pipe, it bounces off the top gate and hits the left wall. Red was not there when it exploded.

Yeah I got stuck in the alley, Scarlet was supposed to toss it out the alley but threw too high, it bounced and we ran back out. However, before we made it out, it bounced off the corner behind us and got stuck on someones foot. After that everyone kinda jumped around hoping not to be blown apart.

Also note to self: Use pipebombs more often.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Volcynika said:
I called that months before the release. Hey, maybe they can remove melee weapons too and get rid of even more features!

This so sounds like Brawl with people trying to make it Melee.

Instead of fixing the new stuff, fuck it and go back to the old stuff.

I was totally for this is Brawl. I liked Melee's pace better lol

drkOne

It's frustrating to kill a survivor just to see him get revived after 5 secs with 50 health back.
It's rarely going well for the survivors if one of them not only goes down but also gets killed after it (or if he was B&W, it wasn't either). And I don't think that a second chance should be dependent on luck.
If a team is losing, let them lose. There's no need to give them the impression that they're doing fine when they aren't.

But this is my opinion, I feel that the survivor side of Versus is kind of boring if you can just play as you wish, and have the defibs/kits to keep you going.

Oh, and this only applies to VS, I love my defibs on Campaign, where everything that keeps me up is very welcome.

Volcynika

drkOne said:
It's frustrating to kill a survivor just to see him get revived after 5 secs with 50 health back.
It's rarely going well for the survivors if one of them not only goes down but also gets killed after it (or if he was B&W, it wasn't either). And I don't think that a second chance should be dependent on luck.
If a team is losing, let them lose. There's no need to give them the impression that they're doing fine when they aren't.

But this is my opinion, I feel that the survivor side of Versus is kind of boring if you can just play as you wish, and have the defibs/kits to keep you going.

Isn't that the point?

vazel

Banned
drkOne said:

Oh, and this only applies to VS, I love my defibs on Campaign, where everything that keeps me up is very welcome.
Yea that can get annoying. Also when there's a thousand health packs littered on the map.

drkOne

Volcynika said:
Isn't that the point?
But I need a reason to do better.
We would all be playing on Easy if we didn't feel the need for some challenge, and just wanted to play in a relaxed way.
And I mean the "play as you wish" in the way that there are no real consequences to what you do.

Volcynika

drkOne said:
But I need a reason to do better.
We would all be playing on Easy if we didn't feel the need for some challenge, and just wanted to play in a relaxed way.
And I mean the "play as you wish" in the way that there are no real consequences to what you do.

I still have crazy moments in VS, though I'm not a SUPAH PRO like some people.

Know what also makes a game harder in VS? People crashing, that's what!

drkOne

Volcynika said:
I still have crazy moments in VS, though I'm not a SUPAH PRO like some people.

Know what also makes a game harder in VS? People crashing, that's what!
You play better than me, so don't you even go there!

And you should be setting up a game too! You only do when the rain outside is killing my connection.

Volcynika

drkOne said:
You play better than me, so don't you even go there!

And you should be setting up a game too! You only do when the rain outside is killing my connection.

I'm not that great, though!

And I have started to usually wait until weekends to play, since the matches don't occur until too far in the evening for me to stay up (get up at 6am every weekday for work)

drkOne

Volcynika said:

I'm not that great, though!

And I have started to usually wait until weekends to play, since the matches don't occur until too far in the evening for me to stay up (get up at 6am every weekday for work)
Well, I won't be letting you near any defibs next match!

Just wanna say I love you guys. Don't know what I'd do without my L4D2 gaffers.

P.S. Bulletta: I'm sorry I made fun of your ping excuses. My team didn't win because of prowess, lemme tell you.
I hope you don't hate me and that you'll reconsider my removal of your friends list.

fernoca

Loving this game..even though never got the first one....just finished it today with a friend now we're basically just achievement hunting and playing with random people, .....infact planning on getting the Game of the Year Edition of the first one..because of the different characters..and stuff..or is the first one different or something??

EDIT:
By the way..got the Xbox 360 bat code from a fellow GAFer...is the bat actually in the game as an unlockable..or hidden..or something? Because the friend I've been playing with..says now he has the bat too, even though I was the one that used the code.

vazel

Banned
For those that played L4D2 first L4D1's lack of melee weapons can be jarring. And in versus not having a spitter for when survivors corner camp can be annoying.
fernoca said:
EDIT:
By the way..got the Xbox 360 bat code from a fellow GAFer...is the bat actually in the game as an unlockable..or hidden..or something? Because the friend I've been playing with..says now he has the bat too, even though I was the one that used the code.
As long as one guy is playing that has the bat it'll unlock for everyone else too for that play session. Pretty lame for those that pre-ordered but meh no big deal.

Is this the cricket bat or some other type of bat?

Anyway, I've been getting some real assholes lately. The main source of frustration is people that keep calling a vote for a map change every 5 seconds. It's frustrating that it doesn't show who is calling the vote so that we could kick them. I can get a few friends together but certainly not 8 for versus (maybe 4 tops).

Another thing that really pissed me off was this. I was playing Swamp Fever on expert and I was up to the part with the ferry in the first chapter. Some dude joined and threw I bile jar at me so I was effectively boomered, then he ran off. I got a bit of retribution when he was pounced by hunter and mauled to death but damn. Why buy a game just to piss people off? I can understand (somewhat) if the game was free to play but people put down money for a license to enrage people. This is made even worse because this is a game where you really depend on the people you're playing with.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
toasty_T said:

Anyway, I've been getting some real assholes lately. The main source of frustration is people that keep calling a vote for a map change every 5 seconds. It's frustrating that it doesn't show who is calling the vote so that we could kick them. I can get a few friends together but certainly not 8 for versus (maybe 4 tops).

Another thing that really pissed me off was this. I was playing Swamp Fever on expert and I was up to the part with the ferry in the first chapter. Some dude joined and threw I bile jar at me so I was effectively boomered, then he ran off. I got a bit of retribution when he was pounced by hunter and mauled to death but damn. Why buy a game just to piss people off? I can understand (somewhat) if the game was free to play but people put down money for a license to enrage people. This is made even worse because this is a game where you really depend on the people you're playing with.

There are a bunch of interesting articles out there about griefers and the spoil sport. I dont have them on me, but there are plenty of reasons people like to ruin others' fun.

xero273

toasty_T said:

baseball bat

fernoca said:
EDIT:
By the way..got the Xbox 360 bat code from a fellow GAFer...is the bat actually in the game as an unlockable..or hidden..or something?

You should be able to find a bat in the safe room at the start of every map.

Red Scarlet

Game crapped out on the low ping people one by one, and the three high pingers (me, RD, dkone) were all just hanging out waiting until it crashed. vert said the server crashed because of trying to load a mannequin on Dead Center 3.

Oh and the scoring was completely screwed (this was after Dead Center 1):
c1m1_hotel0005.jpg

Top Bottom