• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

Red Scarlet

That was such an embarrassing game. I pretty much thought we had it in the bag the whole time..and we lost. So angry at the crappy plays I made.

Here's your charge, Xero.

Blizzard

Banned
Red Scarlet said:
That was such an embarrassing game. I pretty much thought we had it in the bag the whole time..and we lost. So angry at the crappy plays I made.

It's just a game, man. Once you stop having fun and take it seriously, you become a pro like vert, and you don't want THAT to happen!

vertopci

Blizzard said:
It's just a game, man. Once you stop having fun and take it seriously, you become a pro like vert, and you don't want THAT to happen!

Yea and if you never try to get better, you become that guy no one wants on their team because he sucks. Like Blizzard.

Blizzard

Banned
vertopci said:
Yea and if you never try to get better, you become that guy no one wants on their team because he sucks. Like Blizzard.
I posted the 3000-1000 score or whatever where you lost (and died of fall damage from a small fall?), and you ignored it and kept being mean. Why don't you try being nice! I am too much of a casual gamer to get pro though. I try to work with my team and do well if I am in the mood, but I don't want to stress out over games all the time and rage if I lose, because life and work is filled with stress. Why should games be more stressful work. :)

vertopci

Blizzard said:
I posted the 3000-1000 score or whatever where you lost, and you ignored it and kept being mean. Why don't you try being nice!

So you're saying if you happen to win one game with a team that has an advantage, you don't suck?

Blizzard

Banned
vertopci said:
So you're saying if you happen to win one game with a team that has an advantage, you don't suck?
What was our advantage? The fact that after you won like 13 games in a row with Nabs, you lost when we finally got you two separated? Sounds like an excuse to me, excusemonger! :lol

I think the question is, why are you saying I suck instead of being nice! This is a nice message board for nice people!

vertopci

Blizzard said:
What was our advantage? The fact that after you won like 13 games in a row with Nabs, you lost when we finally got you two separated? Sounds like an excuse to me, excusemonger! :lol

I think the question is, why are you saying I suck instead of being nice! This is a nice message board for nice people!

Um the advantage was that I stacked the teams a slight bit in your favor? And you do realize, Nabs and I don't magically become gods when we are on the same team, right?

Blizzard

Banned
vertopci said:
Um the advantage was that I stacked the teams a slight bit in your favor? And you do realize, Nabs and I don't magically become gods when we are on the same team, right?
I'm just saying that you and Nabs are always on the same team like 80% of the time! You don't gotta be all defensive about losing one game! You just gotta be nice, and not tell people they suck and eff up their team when they're actually nice, sensitive individuals. 8(

vertopci

Blizzard said:
I'm just saying that you and Nabs are always on the same team like 80% of the time! You don't gotta be all defensive about losing one game! You just gotta be nice, and not tell people they suck and eff up their team when they're actually nice, sensitive individuals. 8(

Yea like anyone gives a fuck about that stuff on L4D or the internet.

Red Scarlet

Blizzard said:

I've always been competitive and play to win 99% of the time, although in most cases I can't really back it up. It's pretty much impossible for me to not 'get into it' if it is some kind of contest/competition. I bitch and moan a lot, although I'm trying to be helpful/throw out pointers, but I'm pretty sure 99% of my 'pointers' are taken as "wtf why do you suck so bad". I mean, I'll say "whoa that person sucks" to someone else, since I don't want to make things rocky.

I expect to do decently, win or lose, and really most of the bad plays is my assumptions about what other players are going to do in whatever the situation.

drkOne

Red Scarlet said:
I bitch and moan a lot, although I'm trying to be helpful/throw out pointers, but I'm pretty sure 99% of my 'pointers' are taken as "wtf why do you suck so bad".
So true, I rarely give advices when it comes to gaming because of that. Most of the time people will get defensive as if I'm insulting their way of playing.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Dude, Blizzard I won't lie, I get really frustrated every time I play with you because you seem to completely ignore any kind of coordinating I try to do. It seems like you even ignore basic strategies like waiting till all your infected teammates are ready to attack and not going in on your own. I lose most of the VS games I play, but I almost always take the games seriously because what I enjoy about VS is working as a team to land those effective attacks as infected. If the team isn't working together it really kills my desire to play. However, when a team really comes together and is pulling off really great attacks and building off each other, I could play the game for hours (and some nights I do). I think that is why a lot of us enjoy the L4D games so much in "Vert's Group."

Stallion Free said:
Dude, Blizzard I won't lie, I get really frustrated every time I play with you because you seem to completely ignore any kind of coordinating I try to do. It seems like you even ignore basic strategies like waiting till all your infected teammates are ready to attack and not going in on your own. I lose most of the VS games I play, but I almost always take the games seriously because what I enjoy about VS is working as a team to land those effective attacks as infected. If the team isn't working together it really kills my desire to play. However, when a team really comes together and is pulling off really great attacks and building off each other, I could play the game for hours (and some nights I do). I think that is why a lot of us enjoy the L4D games so much in "Vert's Group."

I need to remember to stop doing this. I just get so excited. :p

vertopci said:
We could still use a couple more teams for the GAF L4D VS League. Anyone else interested?

I'm down, but all of the best players are already taken. We need like, a L4D2 draft.

Blizzard said:

nw7bt.gif

And I agree with Stallion. A lot of times you're just not fun to play with.

MNC said:
Hey, if taking it seriously/winning IS the fun for someone.

I love to win, but I'll have waaaay more fun if a game is 3001-3000 and I lose, rather than 3000-300 and I win.

vertopci

Midnight, you're already on a damn team! :lol

Your team is Panda, Stallion, Crooked Rain, and Boonoo. Unless of course they released you :(

vertopci said:
Midnight, you're already on a damn team! :lol

Your team is Panda, Stallion, Crooked Rain, and Boonoo. Unless of course they released you :(

lulwut? no one told me this. I always thought Stallion was asking me to spot in for other players on his team.

Also, if anyone hasn't already, add Midnight Train to your steam list. That is I.

vertopci

SundaySounds said:
lulwut? no one told me this. I always thought Stallion was asking me to spot in for other players on his team.

:lol

Panda Bear said he asked and you accepted! Blame Panda for not telling you!

vertopci said:
:lol

Panda Bear said he asked and you accepted! Blame Panda for not telling you!

lol, he probably told me I just wasn't paying attention. I'm surprised no one's yelled at me for not coming to practice. I am sorry, gentleman. I feel bad.

Blizzard

Banned
Yes, some people may only consider it fun when they win. I like winning, but I guess I consider it fun when I can play a game without being stressed about it, as a contrast to work and real life, as I said above.

Stallion Free said:
SundaySounds said:
And I agree with Stallion. A lot of times you're just not fun to play with.
Well, I'm sorry then. I didn't realize other people besides vert/pillow/zero hated playing with me. I have sometimes tried to let people know that they can just tell me if they want me to change modes. If they don't want me talking on the mic, just use "/blizzard quietmode" and I can talk little or none. If they want me to try to play better, they can use "/blizzard seriouspromode" and I'll try the entire game even if we're losing by 2000 points playing with 1-2 people who don't play the game a lot. I have my own idea of fun as I mentioned above, but unless people are total jerks (see vert), I usually try not to mess up other people's enjoyment of the game. Guess what, Red Scarlet is fun to play with, and she's usually nice. If my playstyle annoys her, I'll do what I can to change it if she lets me know about it. The same goes for you guys. If you don't want me ever going on my own, let me know at the start of the game. If you want me hardly ever going on my own except for if there seems to be an opportunity, let me know, etc.

I don't really consider it fun losing by 3000-5000 points unless I am just playing around and getting to be the zombie team a lot. Of course the response to that will probably just be "lern 2 play noob", but sometimes one's teammates (even ones other than me, sometimes) prevent the team from doing well, or sometimes you're facing a vert/nabs/shadow/pillow/zero team for the nth time and they're pretty decent at the game and used to playing together. If you're already down by 3000 points, why stress the remaining two maps? Life's short enough.

As for voice coordination, I have the game sound effects turned really low for l4d and my system sound turned down so stuff doesn't hurt my ears. Often it is difficult for me to hear people over voicechat, though I can try to adjust that. I can coordinate myself if people want me to play seriouspromode, but usually people don't ask for that. I may have been coordinating when vert (and stallion?) lost that recent game by 2000 points, but vert already claimed teamstacking so I can't claim any credit for actually trying I suppose. :p I thought my other teammate was a fairly new guy though.

vertopci

Dude we've told you several times to actually try. You just ignore everything we say :/

Besides, you don't even have L4D2. So get outta this thread!

Blizzard

Banned
vertopci said:
Dude we've told you several times to actually try. You just ignore everything we say :/
I don't know that I've heard you tell me that. You just always insult me in the game or on the forum. :/ I'm never even on your team for you to ask me. And this thread is being used to coordinate L4D1 practices and matches, and not the L4D1 thread, right?

vertopci

Blizzard said:
I don't know that I've heard you tell me that. You just always insult me in the game or on the forum. :/ I'm never even on your team for you to ask me. And this thread is being used to coordinate L4D1 practices and matches, and not the L4D1 thread, right?

No.

Blizzard

Banned
vertopci said:
Oh ok...wait.

gregor7777 said:
I believe this is just for L4D1. Vert, is this just for the first game or both?
vertopci said:
It's for both, but it will more skewed towards L4D1. The scavenge portion is only L4D2 obviously.

And then the various talk about teams, the occasional mention of l4d1 rounds, and the l4d1 thread not being bumped in the last 12 days. :p

vertopci

Blizzard said:
Oh ok...wait.

And then the various talk about teams, the occasional mention of l4d1 rounds, and the l4d1 thread not being bumped in the last 12 days. :p

Thats for the GAF VS League. Which is both games. And it's just getting teams together, we haven't really been scheduling anything :/

xero273

Red Scarlet said:

got it. Thanks Red.

I need to learn to stop spawning when the team is dead. Still was a fun game

Volcynika

xero273 said:
got it. Thanks Red.

I need to learn to stop spawning when the team is dead. Still was a fun game

Yeah, while I know Scarlet was a bit miffed at the results, at least the game wasn't a huge blowout or anything. The closer games are always much more fun overall.

(Also I was AWESOME SPITTER that dealt the final strikes on two levels :D)

fallout

vertopci said:
:lol I'm fucking terrible and people keep inviting me.

I like to think that I'm the comic relief of the L4D2 competitive scene.

vertopci

Red Scarlet said:
ANGER

gg..I'll get that charge for you, bus

Your team wasn't communicating at all the second game :/ You guys would have won easily if you did since your team was far better overall.

fallout said:
:lol I'm fucking terrible and people keep inviting me.

I like to think that I'm the comic relief of the L4D2 competitive scene.

I'm pretty sure you aren't in the L4D2 competitive scene. Which makes it kind of hard to be the comic relief for it, don't you think?

Red Scarlet

vertopci said:
Your team wasn't communicating at all the second game :/ You guys would have won easily if you did since your team was far better overall.

Yeah, should have at least 1 coordinator on the teams!

fallout

vertopci said:
I'm pretty sure you aren't in the L4D2 competitive scene. Which makes it kind of hard to be the comic relief for it, don't you think?
I didn't think anyone actually really cared about the sanctity of the L4D2 competitive scene, so I apologize for my lack of cromulence.

usea

How can I occasionally get into games with some of you guys? I'm seriously tired of joining random games; 90% of them I join half-way through a vs campaign on a team with 100 points against 1500, only 2 people on my team. It's not fun.

(It's also not fun winning in the same situation)

Top Bottom