• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Finding places to spawn in the DK finale is somewhere between nightmarish and an abortion. That finale is so much shit. Easily the worst finale of all 10 official campaigns. We weren't even trying that hard and we made it past the second finale tank on pills only. And when we were infected the other team got to that point as well because we spent half the time trying to spawn within 500 feet of them and when failing on that we just spawned as close as possible and spent a minute walking across the wide open map to get within attacking range only to be killed.

Why the fuck can't Valve put the patching effort they put into TF2 into L4D as well? I don't even care about new content, just fix what's there.

Daigoro

Red Scarlet said:
I'll play with you tomorrow, I've got a dr appt in 6 hours though so not tonight.

wasnt around much yesterday, but today for sure if youre around. just give me a time and ill be here. ill be on and off all day. lets try to get something together with Botolf.

when are you guys free?

i was thinking about finally doing my windows 7 upgrade today at some point. not sure though. i just wanna play stuff.

vertopci

Stallion Free said:
Finding places to spawn in the DK finale is somewhere between nightmarish and an abortion. That finale is so much shit. Easily the worst finale of all 10 official campaigns. We weren't even trying that hard and we made it past the second finale tank on pills only. And when we were infected the other team got to that point as well because we spent half the time trying to spawn within 500 feet of them and when failing on that we just spawned as close as possible and spent a minute walking across the wide open map to get within attacking range only to be killed.

Why the fuck can't Valve put the patching effort they put into TF2 into L4D as well? I don't even care about new content, just fix what's there.

Yea it's fucking bullshit that CEVO's fucking autospawn fix IS BETTER than Valve's offiical one. All they had to fucking was disable autospawn but instead they went to tweaked the distance required to spawn and fucked everything up :/

aka L4D2 team fails. Get TF2 team to work on L4D2 updates or something :(

Red Scarlet

Daigoro said:
wasnt around much yesterday, but today for sure if youre around. just give me a time and ill be here. ill be on and off all day. lets try to get something together with Botolf.

when are you guys free?

i was thinking about finally doing my windows 7 upgrade today at some point. not sure though. i just wanna play stuff.

I myself play after dinner mostly.

They made the spawn distance farther than normal on finales?

vertopci

Yup. Apparently three times the normal distance :/

Someone also said five time the normal, but three seems more like it going by last night.

Daigoro

Red Scarlet said:
I myself play after dinner mostly.

They made the spawn distance farther than normal on finales?

so whats that like 3-4 hrs for you now?

i should be around. lets do this! im excited to play some expert campaigns.

Its a shame I can't enjoy playing L4D2 because I can't find any games. WTF is with the matchmaking? I played L4D1 for at least 100+ hrs yet have only sunk about 5 or 6 max on L4D2 because its always telling me that there's no users online.

Is this an issue Valve has addressed?

usea

Xanafalgue said:
Its a shame I can't enjoy playing L4D2 because I can't find any games. WTF is with the matchmaking? I played L4D1 for at least 100+ hrs yet have only sunk about 5 or 6 max on L4D2 because its always telling me that there's no users online.

Is this an issue Valve has addressed?
I've never seen that. I don't know how other people get into games, but I choose Campaign or Vs from the main menu, click play online, and then select the campaign to join. It automatically sticks me in a random game, usually a really terrible one. But there are always tons of games to join.

Red Scarlet

Daigoro said:
so whats that like 3-4 hrs for you now?

i should be around. lets do this! im excited to play some expert campaigns.

Okie doke.

Did 2 with warbegins last night, so he just needs Carnival/Swamp/Parish now.

usea said:
I've never seen that. I don't know how other people get into games, but I choose Campaign or Vs from the main menu, click play online, and then select the campaign to join. It automatically sticks me in a random game, usually a really terrible one. But there are always tons of games to join.

I try every option, several times before I just give up. Sometimes I can find some games when I join one in progress but most of the time theres nothing. I'm not in the US or EU if that makes a difference (probably) :mad:

Daigoro

thanks for the games last night gang. it was a lot of fun.

sorry i couldnt stay for the rest of Parish there at the end of the night. i was really tired. i wouldve left a few hours earlier if i wasnt having a blast.

Anksta

Are anyone elses L4D2 achievements still stuffed? I'm missing most of mine. This is getting beyond a joke - they've been like this for several weeks now.

vazel

Banned
Anksta said:
Are anyone elses L4D2 achievements still stuffed? I'm missing most of mine. This is getting beyond a joke - they've been like this for several weeks now.
There was an update a while back that reset achievements for some which is where this happened to you and also happened to me. Steam support basically told me I'm SOL. You're gonna have to do them over again.

Shadowlink283

Neo Member
Just done with a GAF versus game (great comeback from our team), vert is going to be QQing all night long for it, we just owned them at the last level of THE PARISH, thanks to jenga's awesome run.

ALLLLLL ABOARRRRDDDDDDDD....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Anksta

vazel said:
There was an update a while back that reset achievements for some which is where this happened to you and also happened to me. Steam support basically told me I'm SOL. You're gonna have to do them over again.

Wow thats lame. Oh well I guess it just means I probably won't get them back. Thanks for the info.

vazel

Banned
The only real hard ones to get are The Real Deal, Heartwarmer(honestly how many times does that situation come up unless you have friends that will set it up for you). Maybe also Level a Charge(I got this one through luck). Strenght in Numbers is just annoying, I don't want to do team scavenge, me and friends always play in regular scavenge.

Red Scarlet

Real Deal is by far the easiest to do on Dead Center (at least with those I've played with). Only 4 levels and completely doable to finish the finale before fighting a single Tank. That's the level I've beaten ER on, anyway.

Level A charge seems easier to do on VS, just sidestep a missed charge and smack him as he passes. I wish I had kept mine, it was pretty neat (Parish 5, baseball bat, charger behind me on a straight blocked path, I homerunned him).

vazel

Banned
Red Scarlet said:
Real Deal is by far the easiest to do on Dead Center (at least with those I've played with). Only 4 levels and completely doable to finish the finale before fighting a single Tank. That's the level I've beaten ER on, anyway.
If you do it with friends. Do it with pubbies and watch the stream of rages.
Red Scarlet said:
Level A charge seems easier to do on VS, just sidestep a missed charge and smack him as he passes. I wish I had kept mine, it was pretty neat (Parish 5, baseball bat, charger behind me on a straight blocked path, I homerunned him).
The problem with Level a Charge is lag and Source hitbox issues. Lag can make the charger appear different than what the server says he's at. Combine that with Source's hitbox issues and things can get annoying. I'm sure we've all been in situations where we charged right through people or got lucky and charged someone that wasn't near you. Also why deadstopping jockeys and hunters feels different online and offline.

Edit: Apparently the hitbox issues are by design.

xero273

I remember when I did level a charger, it was all luck. Was boomed in a versus game then I just starting swing the bat like crazy and all of a sudden achievement popped up.

vazel

Banned
xero273 said:
I remember when I did level a charger, it was all luck. Was boomed in a versus game then I just starting swing the bat like crazy and all of a sudden achievement popped up.
That's how it happened to me too. I was boomed in a scavenge match and was swinging my bat and the achievement popped up. I saw someone else get it by luck too in a different scavenge match, he was wildly swinging the bat at a horde when a charger came at him(I don't think he was boomed though).

Nabs said:
yeah, great comeback... from what, 10pts back?
Well the first two maps you guys were ahead, then the train put some coal in it's engine. WOOT WOOT!!!!!!

Shadowlink283 said:
Just done with a GAF versus game (great comeback from our team), vert is going to be QQing all night long for it, we just owned them at the last level of THE PARISH, thanks to jenga's awesome run.

ALLLLLL ABOARRRRDDDDDDDD....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Let's be honest, we dominated that finale because Panda left his team 4 dead. :lol :lol :lol

Shadowlink283 said:
QQ Nabs you and vert can go and cry >:|:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Naw, he's right. I guess we never were losing that bad in the first place. CUZ THE TRAIN WAS CONDUCTING THAT BITCH! WHOO WHOO!!!!!!!

Anksta

Red Scarlet said:
Not many are hard to get..what ones are you having trouble with?

MAYBE WE CAN PLAY

Thanks for the offer. I may take you up on it if I can get some time to play the game.

It wasn't so much that they were hard, just time consuming. And after having got most of them, to have them taken away sucks.

usea

My video card is undergoing the RMA process, so I have to play this game on a geforce 6600 something or other. I dip to 20fps at 800x600 sometimes. It's pretty bad. I play anyway though. This game is too addictive.

xero273 said:
Finally, we have some news about the Passing.

Cool. They also say they're doing another DLC pack for the original L4D showing how the original survivors get to The Passing. That's cool I guess. Let's see the media damn it!

Sibylus

Banned
Woo!

Also woo for more original L4D stuff. I guess people with both games will end up getting the "complete L4D experience" or some shiz.

Geek

Ninny Prancer
xero273 said:

BTW that article has been updated to include a snippet on the new infected:

"The Passing" will also add one new uncommon common infected type, which Valve is calling the Fallen Survivor. These new zombies, humans who erroneously believed themselves to be immune to the infection, will sometimes drop items when killed, like health kits or ammo.

28mloo5.jpg

I hope that's not just a bullshot and they have officially upped the number of zombies onscreen at once.

Sibylus

Banned
wayward archer said:
l4d2_thepassing_00012-noscale.jpg

I hope that's not just a bullshot and they have officially upped the number of zombies onscreen at once.
Valve doesn't really do bullshots unless they're snapped from a CG intro like L4D2's. Looks legit to me, might be a bigass "ambient" horde (one of the new features of L4D2, you come across a passive horde jammed into one area now and then).

Bigger hmm is the fact that the flashlight is casting a third-person dynamic light, but eh.

Top Bottom