• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Oh come on, you people act like you've never seen an old man have sex with himself while he watches.

morningbus said:
Man, could you just imagine...

conan-joel-on-joel.gif

What is that from? And why would it be shown on nbc???

I want a gif of that guys face when he comes in the corner. That would make an amazing avatar.

Red Scarlet

Well that was weird, I hit the Burger Tank sign when it started/was raining and the escape vehicle came immediately after, skipping the finale. :lol

SundaySounds said:
What is that from? And why would it be shown on nbc???

I want a gif of that guys face when he comes in the corner. That would make an amazing avatar.
The late great host of the Tonight Show, Conan, is responsible for that lovely little GIF's existence.

Shadowlink283

Neo Member
god dammit so this is the main thread of 4H4W right vert?:lol you and pillow should be ashamed about last night's defeat:lol MUAHAHAHA i just gotta lol at you

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
marvelharvey said:
Or an animated spray!

(waiting for the next GAF game)

Holy shit. I'm gonna figure out how to do that now.

god dammit so this is the main thread of 4H4W right vert? you and pillow should be ashamed about last night's defeat MUAHAHAHA i just gotta lol at you

Look, I know it is fun to point and laugh, but using Team Morning and his tea is banned under international sporting laws, the Geneva convention, and Hammurabi's code. It's like they're sitting on a stockpile of Earth destroying hydrogen bombs here, but unable to use them.

vertopci

GAF Mumble Server
IP: 67.23.187.114
Port: 20198

:D

Feel free to use it for non L4D related shit too. I have 100 slots so more than enough room for everyone :lol

vertopci

Red Scarlet said:
So I'm guessing you guys don't use the in-game talk anymore?

Haven't used in game for the past 6 or 7 games :lol

In game voice chat blows because it has like a 3 second lag. Half the time I say "Charger on me" right before the charger hits me and my teammates end up hearing it after the charger has already been cleared :lol

Plus positional audio is fucking fun :lol Walk too far away from your teammates and you can't hear them and they can't hear you :lol

Plus the quality is amazing. Clearest sound in any voice chat program I've ever used. :D

vertopci

Botolf said:
Sounds like something that would be really cool in Coop Realism as well.

Yea we actually tested it originally in realism mode. It was pretty awesome running off on your own then attempting to yell "WHERE ARE YOU GUYS" to no avail :lol

Red Scarlet said:
It's the same thing as ventrillo afaik.

Ventrilo doesn't have positional audio.

Red Scarlet

vertopci said:
Ventrilo doesn't have positional audio.

That's why the pros use vent instead! I meant it's the same type of program.

Hooray, the cevo scav final demo is up, dunno why pwnage.tv never put up their cast of it.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Yeah, when Vert says positional audio he means that it supports surround sound so that when Vert is lagging behind us, we hear him crying for help from rear speakers. Also, when he lags too far behind his voice gets quieter and quieter until we can't hear him and then we start talking shit. It is pretty cool in Realism mode as it becomes more REAL.

Vert set up a number of different rooms for the games that different people in our group play so if you dig Mumble feel free to hop in the appropriate room with your buddies.

Red Scarlet

Stallion Free said:
Yeah, when Vert says positional audio he means that it supports surround sound so that when Vert is lagging behind us, we hear him crying for help from rear speakers. Also, when he lags too far behind his voice gets quieter and quieter until we can't hear him and then we start talking shit. It is pretty cool in Realism mode as it becomes more REAL.

Yeah that sounds cool for realism mode.

vertopci

Stallion Free said:

Vert set up a number of different rooms for the games that different people in our group play so if you dig Mumble feel free to hop in the appropriate room with your buddies.

;_;

I always knew you were talking shit on me when I couldn't hear you!

Nabs

vertopci said:
Haven't used in game for the past 6 or 7 games :lol

In game voice chat blows because it has like a 3 second lag. Half the time I say "Charger on me" right before the charger hits me and my teammates end up hearing it after the charger has already been cleared :lol

Plus positional audio is fucking fun :lol Walk too far away from your teammates and you can't hear them and they can't hear you :lol

Plus the quality is amazing. Clearest sound in any voice chat program I've ever used. :D

not enough smilies

but yeah, mumble is awesome. sanjays mic finally works right :D

Sanjay

vertopci said:
Just thought I tell you guys to install Mumble once again!

INSTALL MUMBLE!

Hate to agree with Vert but Mumble does in fact sound miles better then vent and as good as Skype sounds one to one. I still need to check the positional audio feature one day with realism mode.

Also it has a feature where you can type words that can get transmitted out loud in a woman's Stephen Hawking robotic voice. Has real difficulty saying wanker :lol

Nabs said:
not enough smilies

but yeah, mumble is awesome. sanjays mic finally works right :D

And nabs sounds 100% way more cooler, I was about to say how he sounds like hes high on pot, then shadowlink comes out with omg nabs are you black..then I was like hmm this is going to come off well racist now :lol but you do dude. Perfect for a role on the Wire!

vertopci said:
Kinda like that whole game :p

More kinda like the start of KOTOR.

Anyone up for an expert realism campaign? I've come to realise it's practically impossible (or highly unlikely) that it can be done in a public game.

vazel

Banned
toasty_T said:
Anyone up for an expert realism campaign? I've come to realise it's practically impossible (or highly unlikely) that it can be done in a public game.
Yea pubbies keep raging. I'm game if you want.

Nabs

if anyone wants to try positional audio, download mumble. try to use my positional audio settings to start with, and then edit it however you feel. we're still trying to find the perfect settings.
don't listen to vert

http://i47.tinypic.com/5o9p4m.jpg important settings = attenuate vol. (lowers in game vol. while others are speaking), and the positional stuff.

that bugged hard rain finale was chaos and heartbreak. i stupidly fell off the wrong side of the roof and had to run through the building, which put me face to face with the tank. bastard was standing right in the doorway between us and the boat. i barely melee'd his ass to death only to get incapped by a random zombie.

toku's 1-man escape through the cornfield was definitely the highlight of the campaign.

Nabs said:
if anyone wants to try positional audio, download mumble. try to use my positional audio settings to start with, and then edit it however you feel. we're still trying to find the perfect settings.
don't listen to vert

http://i47.tinypic.com/5o9p4m.jpg important settings = attenuate vol. (lowers in game vol. while others are speaking), and the positional stuff.

k. all my settings are like yours, but how do I connect to Vert's server?

Nabs

server info:

vertopci said:
GAF Mumble Server
IP: 67.23.187.114
Port: 20198

:D

Feel free to use it for non L4D related shit too. I have 100 slots so more than enough room for everyone :lol

click connect and then "Add New" and you should be all set.

Red Scarlet

What's your ping to mumble and vert's server at the same time? It was saying about 115 to the mumble thing, so I'm wondering if that'll make my ping to vert's server worse having both things going.

Top Bottom