• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

Red Scarlet said:
Well, sucks we didn't finish, but that game had a lot of lolclose moments. Here was our fun time on Dark Carnival 1: (skip to 31000) http://redscarlet.paragonsigma.com/L4D/crazyvalentinecarnival1.dem

or avi: http://redscarlet.paragonsigma.com/L4D/carnival1expertfun.avi

That server felt like it had stuff upped difficulty wise (plus it was kinda laggy for everybody). Was enjoyable to play though, Toku/Spot/Story.

:lol :lol :lol at the part where Spotless walks right into your line of fire and dies instantly.

Fun games, even if we never did manage to get through the fourth map. I need to practice more though, I still haven't finished one campaign on Expert. >_>

Mr Sandman said:
Any idea how much The Passing will cost on PC? I don't have L4D1 so I have no idea what the previous DLC cost.

After all the free TF2 content I would be pretty surprised if they charged for L4D2 stuff, especially with all the "l4d2 boycott/valve's cashing in on us" sentiments before the game was released.

PS: I'm down vert.

vertopci

Panda Bear said:
idk Vert the way you handled that boomer on map 3 was pretty fucking pro.

I couldn't shoot because sanjay was in there and he was on his last incap :lol

So once again sanjay is to blame!

JDSN

Banned
Im having trouble with the game, when it starts the whole screen turns black except for the upper left side of the screen in which is filled by just a bit of the menu (the steam sever list), anybody care to help me?

JDSN said:
Im having trouble with the game, when it starts the whole screen turns black except for the upper left side of the screen in which is filled by just a bit of the menu (the steam sever list), anybody care to help me?

Is this a new problem? or have you never been able to make it work?

try changing the refresh rate in the game settings, as well as the resolution. Also, update your graphics drivers.

Red Scarlet

We got to the finale but Xero was really tired and my hand was giving me extreme pain so we quit after a few finale tries. Sorry about being so pissy, that was why (plus the exact same thing happened the night before, same campaign).

JDSN

Banned
SundaySounds said:
Is this a new problem? or have you never been able to make it work?

try changing the refresh rate in the game settings, as well as the resolution. Also, update your graphics drivers.

I switched my graphics card for my old one, the game settings arent visible, but ill try to update the drivers, thx.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Red Scarlet said:
We got to the finale but Xero was really tired and my hand was giving me extreme pain so we quit after a few finale tries. Sorry about being so pissy, that was why (plus the exact same thing happened the night before, same campaign).

It's ok. Did you record any of it or Dead Air?

Red Scarlet

All of both.

Leadmagnet (pretty sure he's who came in for you) thinks I'm getting carpal tunnel, so I'm taking a break from playing. It's because of the deathgrip on my mouse; my pinky, anyway.

vazel

Banned
Red Scarlet said:
If you're playing for achievements you should've just done the DK finale glitch. Except if it was for fun then glitches are lame.

MNC

Made a comparison picture.

05bd12c9e80cbccafa8cfd6d571b18e2.gif

Sibylus

Banned
Red Scarlet said:
All of both.

Leadmagnet (pretty sure he's who came in for you) thinks I'm getting carpal tunnel, so I'm taking a break from playing. It's because of the deathgrip on my mouse; my pinky, anyway.
I knew it! (I didn't really say anything tho [I'm not a doctor])

Red Scarlet

Thanks, if any of you other guys play and feel like recording, I'll gladly watch. I just watch the demo while I am playing whatever, like my responses to the people that gave me crap for watching a demo earlier thinking that I was playing the game:

dontfreakouterror.png

Red Scarlet said:
jesuschristalmighty.png

What's with all that wasted screen real estate in the upper right? You should probably download some dancing animated babies, and resize a movie, and run a 1" window of Crysis to utilize all that potential.

Dresden

BuddhaRockstar said:
What's with all that wasted screen real estate in the upper right? You should probably download some dancing animated babies, and resize a movie, and run a 1" window of Crysis to utilize all that potential.
You'd miss out the top half of Penelo's delicious face. And Fran's ears. Unacceptable.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Tisan said:
Out of curiousity (and to hopefully learn some new tricks) I've grabbed the .dems, but which folder do I put them in to then play?

Throw them in the Steam\steamapps\common\Left 4 Dead 2\left4dead2 folder. Then open the console in game with ~ (may have to be turned on in settings) and type in demoui and hit enter. That will bring up this nifty interface for watching demos so you can skip through and browsing should default to the folder I told you to put the files in.

Red Scarlet

BuddhaRockstar said:

Well I'm not super familiar with DQ6 so I have some text file things and a map open! Normal stuff I wouldn't have much open at the bottom.

And oh man, the finale was spectacular, Stallion.

Top Bottom