• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

vertopci

Red Scarlet said:
What's your ping to mumble and vert's server at the same time? It was saying about 115 to the mumble thing, so I'm wondering if that'll make my ping to vert's server worse having both things going.

L4D ping is pretty much the exact same when I'm in a mumble server.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Red Scarlet said:
I need to ask for videos instead of demos so I can weird him out and make Stallion uncomfortable.

I'm already uncomfortable! I don't know if I am going to upload the L4D1 demos I currently have.

Red Scarlet

Plus if I talk to him more, he might stay on longer, thus you can't play, thus you can't win on L4D2 against who you are playing!

But no demos..

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
No wonder Stall agreed to do some weird stuff with me earlier.

Shit. Do liquor stores accept returns?

Red Scarlet

Stallion Free said:
I don't know if I am going to upload the L4D1 demos I currently have.

Well, Blizzard sent me one, some 'crazy forklift' one or something. I already addressed the problem in my last post.

vazel said:
Yea pubbies keep raging. I'm game if you want.

Sorry about before. I couldn't launch L4D2 because Steam was giving me shit and by the time I got it booted up you were gone.

I ended up having a good versus game though

vazel

Banned
toasty_T said:
Sorry about before. I couldn't launch L4D2 because Steam was giving me shit and by the time I got it booted up you were gone.

I ended up having a good versus game though
Pretty ironic that I would 'rage' isn't it. :lol I got my Planet Hulk blu-ray in the mail and decided to watch it when you didn't show. Good luck on your 'the real deal' and 'got something to prove' achievements as most pubbies get frustrated easily and rage. I find the chatty ones on mics that build a good rapport with each other are more likely to stay.

Blizzard

Banned
I'm so ronery

5v4zsm.jpg

Also "RED SCARLET WAS JUST LOOKING FOR MORE PING EXCUSES, AND SHE SAID MUMBLE KILLED HER PING"

thanks boonoo :p

Red Scarlet

Blizzard said:
I'm so ronery

5v4zsm.jpg

Also "RED SCARLET WAS JUST LOOKING FOR MORE PING EXCUSES, AND SHE SAID MUMBLE KILLED HER PING"

Nobody likes playing w/ a high ping. Plus my computer isn't as good as y'alls and I have that "in" issue as well. What I ping to vert's server is out of my "comfort zone", and it's easy for them to say it isn't bad when they are pinging 3x less (40-ish vs 130-ish is a big difference) and with people from Europe or Australia that are used to playing with high ping. I'm not, and don't ever plan to do so.

Nabs

eh we were just messing around. it's blizzard who was trying to split up our l4d2 group out of jealousy and rage.

Sanjay

Blizzard said:
I'm so ronery

5v4zsm.jpg

LOL I am the Admin of the WOW channel, I welcome all :D

Red Scarlet said:
with people from Europe or Australia that are used to playing with high ping. I'm not, and don't ever plan to do so.

We are not used to it, we just have have awesome skills to compensate :D

Red Scarlet

The last game I played where pings meant anything at all, was CS, and my ping I'd get at vert's server would get me kicked out. You guys probably wouldn't even be allowed to connect. Being the HPB isn't a good thing. Timing is extremely important for me, and when I ping 150-200, my timing is completely turned on its head and is a great disadvantage.

I play VERY few online games, so I am used to there not being lag, especially not variant lag. So when my shots miss or my tongue doesn't hit a survivor when it should've, that completely screws up my play. I don't like being stuck in glue. It's not my best when outside factors are inhibiting aspects of play. I see 3x less ping as an advantage. I see mine to be a disadvantage. Like that sliding bar of stars in Street Fighter for damage.

You say you compensate, which is wonderful. I can't. It completely makes things play in an alternate way opposed to the normal for me. It turns me from ok to completely shitty. It's even worse on campaign; I have no idea how Pop managed to go thorugh expert with 300 ping, zombies destroy my melee tries at half that.

Doing several techniques gets easier to practice with a stable, low ping server. 40 in the same server is great deadstop practice. Playing around 80 or so with west coasters, then coming into the 40 one where I get 130 (instead of 80) adds another layer of practicing to get it. And I'd only be practicing for that one server (I'll leave any server that puts me over 120). So when I play at other lower ping server, my timing is completely off, pretty much to the point that it's going to be one of those lucky to pull off's. I don't really like having to re-learn a technique every time I go to/from a server.

Daigoro

just finished my first campaign on PC :lol

Hard Rain on Advanced (solo :p didnt see anyone on at 3:30 AM). it was pretty fun.

i need some folks for some expert stuff. soon hopefully. i have such a weird sleep schedule with my work hours. makes it hard. :/

syllogism

Gameplay

* Now ghost PZ's can never be staggered
* Enabled PZ bots
* PZ bots use their more aggressive survival mode behavior in versus and scavenge
* Enabled finale manual spawn by default
* Fixed human PZ players not getting counted when they were dead, allowing extra PZ bots to spawn
* Reduced effectiveness of melee weapons against the Tank ( 5% of max health, from 10% )
* Fixed a case where a player who dies, then is rescued from a rescue closet, and then is revived from a ledge hang receives the secondary weapon that he lost when he was initially killed
* Improved SurvivorBot AI in cases where the bots refused to shoot through their teammates and became non-responsive
* Fixed issue with witch sometimes taking on uncommon common properties
* Fix for cheaters quitting before the vote to kick them would succeed and avoiding ban on server
* VAC banned users can now play L4D2 single-player, commentary mode and credits

Map Fixes

* Dark Carnival Fair Ground: added env_player_blocker to keep special infected from getting stuck
* Dark Carnival Fair Ground: added navigation area that was missing
* Dark Carnival Fair Ground: Disconnected drops that were blocked by the top of a fence
* Swamp Fever Plank Country: Deleted 2 nav areas that connected between tree trunks you can't pass through
* Swamp Fever Shanty Town: Redrew ladder thinner so special infected could climb up to the roof
* The Parish Waterfront: Fixed various navigation areas
* Mall: Tuned spawning for difficulty

SDK Content

* Added missing nature/blend tooltextures added
* Added missing cs models/textures
* Added missing acunit01 model/texture
* Added missing ammo_can_02 model/texture
* Added missing patio_chair model/texture

Sibylus

Banned
* Enabled PZ bots
* PZ bots use their more aggressive survival mode behavior in versus and scavenge
* Fixed human PZ players not getting counted when they were dead, allowing extra PZ bots to spawn
Yo Vert, study that there bolded! I told ye, didn't I? :O

Not sure exactly what the third bullet comment means, though. This patch added in PZ bots, but it also describes this human counter thing as a fix for PZ bots. Confusing language.

Red Scarlet

Maybe it has to do with when someone becomes the Tank and the AI takes over their character, you could have 7 "players" after two Tank spawns or the Tank could glitch out and not show with 6 "players".

vertopci

Botolf said:
Yo Vert, study that there bolded! I told ye, didn't I? :O

Not sure exactly what the third bullet comment means, though. This patch added in PZ bots, but it also describes this human counter thing as a fix for PZ bots. Confusing language.

That doesn't mean the AI isn't still retarded you know. All it probably means is that they attack more often instead of staying in the same spot for hours waiting for you.

Not like it matters, most teams just kill the AI infected anyways :/

Sibylus

Banned
vertopci said:
That doesn't mean the AI isn't still retarded you know. All it probably means is that they attack more often instead of staying in the same spot for hours waiting for you.

Not like it matters, most teams just kill the AI infected anyways :/
"The fact that it's taken this long to implement might imply some changes (Basic infected AI is already in the game). I'll bet there has been some Versus-specific tweaks: Perhaps bots never get Boomer, or they're allowed to break the Special limits (so you could get 2 boomers, or 2 chargers, or 2 spitters, etc). Maybe the bots are encouraged to hide and wait for human infected. I don't know, but the time gap kinda implies Valve has been working on it for a while.

As an aside, Valve has also been working on Team Fortress 2 bots, so it's not like they're at a loss for ways to improve their systems.
"

Some changes have been made, therefore Vertbuttal am fail!

So they're adding bots for the infected team? If so that's good. I hate being on a team with one other infected vs four survivors, even if two of the survivors are bots.

When's this patch due?

vertopci

Botolf said:
Doesn't matter, I still get to say "I called it!"/"I told you so!"

Srsly, I quoted myself from a while ago. L2Read :`O~

So you're happy that the AI is still retarded as all fuck?

In that case, congrats on calling it.

And you do realize that there was no change actually made right? They just switched the default retarded coop infected AI in versus to the retarded survival mode AI.

Sibylus

Banned
I want to play some Expert campaigns and Scavenge (and maybe some of dis new Versus) this weekend, I've been missing the zombie keelin'!

--

Vert can't read = cunfermzd (no, I didn't say I was happy the AI tends to be retarded)

What I was clearly implying last time around was that if there were no changes at all (ie the coop bots being stuck in), it could have been done day 1. It wasn't, and the implementation of survival-style bots in versus and scavenge is a change that easily falls into the scope of what I was talking about. The bots are more aggressive than they would be otherwise(1), that isn't a change?

1 - And it was a fair assumption that reenabling the coop bots in Versus would have been the "non-change/tweak" approach, being that the two modes have a common origin and originally started out very similarly. When we talked about this earlier in the thread, you were anticipating no changes being made at all and the bots would be as useless as ever, I took that to mean you were anticipating a basic reenabling of the coop AI behaviours. Didn't know you were specifically holding out for some 100% novel improvement or some shit.

Bottom line: It's a change, and it's a good start. Valve has made some very clever systems for their TF2 bots, I figure it's only a matter of time before some of that design finds a place in L4D2.

Red Scarlet

Which finale?

Also, it seems like they added some effects in Hard Rain for lower-end computers. I have to play on medium shading, so I don't get rain at all, but tonight I was getting lightning and fog for the first time.

But sure, RD.

Top Bottom