• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

Nice a classic creepy night level, it looks great.

It would be cool if the fallen survivors ran from you, making you hunt them down to get items, since they believed they were immune. Would add a good risk/reward, let your guard down to SI/hordes to chase down the fallen or let him go?

wayward archer said:
28mloo5.jpg

I hope that's not just a bullshot and they have officially upped the number of zombies onscreen at once.

That zombie is carrying a molotov...

Dogenzaka

Banned
What the hell is wrong with Coach??? His head is planet-sized and his wrist is as thick as a pencil. AND he's ridiculously tall and his torso is as long as a snake??

L4D2-Poster_ThePassing_Q!01-noscale.jpg

What??????

Sibylus

Banned
- The upcoming L4D campaign sounds like it'll slot in between The Passing and Blood Harvest.

- Night level! I like shooting zombies in the dark.
- New gun looks like it could be a limited ammo weapon like the GL.
- Yay Fallen Survivor, rise from yo gwave! I'm guessing he's different from the cut version in some way, so perhaps the molotov won't explode (which would kind of be really dangerous for survivors AND dangerous for hordes). The item dropping is pretty cool.

rezuth

Botolf said:
Valve doesn't really do bullshots unless they're snapped from a CG intro like L4D2's. Looks legit to me, might be a bigass "ambient" horde (one of the new features of L4D2, you come across a passive horde jammed into one area now and then).

Bigger hmm is the fact that the flashlight is casting a third-person dynamic light, but eh.
Why is that a hmm? The flashlight does that in L4D and L4D2 on PC.

xero273

Heavy's Sandvich said:
Where has all this come from? This is brilliant.

I hadn't realised that The Passing was due out in March, much sooner than I originally anticipated.

Coming from the xbox event today.

jas0

Neo Member
Dogenzaka said:
What the hell is wrong with Coach??? His head is planet-sized and his wrist is as thick as a pencil. AND he's ridiculously tall and his torso is as long as a snake??

http://bulk2.destructoid.com/ul/163380-/L4D2-Poster_ThePassing_Q!01-noscale.jpg

What??????

I guess they pushed them all to the left to show the silhouettes of the original 4 on the right.

Dogenzaka said:

What??????

And Nick looks like he's actually eaten all of Coach's Chocolate Helicopters, in the process turning into a bald middle aged man.

I didn't play L4D2 nearly as long, or as much as I did the original L4D. Depending on how The Passing is put out on 360 I might get back into it again. We'll see.

Tubobutts

Mar_ said:
Non playable characters? Lame. I was really looking forward to playing Francis in L4D2. The new characters just don't do anything for me.

Disappointed.

How can someone not like Coach? That makes no sense to me.

I don't think Rochelle looks bad, honestly--but, yeah, Ellis looks just fine.

I hadn't even noticed the weird proportions on Coach until a poster mentioned it :lol And I'm saddened that Nick looks kinda ugly =( Sexy pose, sure, but the face is unflattering.

Daigoro

sweet new L4D news!

anyone up for a game in like an hour? going to play a few rounds of DOW and ill be free.

be back in a bit.

Red Scarlet

BuddhaRockstar said:
I think after the Zoey double handed one they just do it to fuck with people.

It has to be, since they messed up Ellis's arm on Dead Center anyway too.

Daigoro said:
sweet new L4D news!

anyone up for a game in like an hour? going to play a few rounds of DOW and ill be free.

be back in a bit.

I'll try to remember to come on at 1130 (1030 now) if you want to then.

Daigoro said:
sweet new L4D news!

be back in a bit.
I'll be on a few moments, so I'll add you to my fl.

Edit: I like the way Valve simply cut'n'pasted the original survivors from No Mercy into the background of The Passing's poster, screwing up the perspective. Also, is Coach missing his left arm?

When the Passing was announced I thought of the possibility of the original L4D crew ending up becoming infected. I thought this was gonna end up true after hearing about the Fallen Survivor but I see that he's just that survivor from Dead Center. Which I'm glad cause I wanna see more of Francis, Louis, Zoey, and Bill in the future.

:( Man I really need to play L4D2 more. I've only played it for about 2 weeks after I purchased it in December...

OOOOOh shit. I think I might get L4D2. Gamestop is selling it used for $34.99 and I can get 20% off. I have been itching for a L4D session for a while now in between my Tales of Vesperia sessions.

Dogenzaka said:
What the hell is wrong with Coach??? His head is planet-sized and his wrist is as thick as a pencil.

The ends of Coach's gloves are white, coupled with the lighting it makes his wrist look really thin.

That's nothing compared to Rochelle and Nick looks like a latino club owner.

LTTP here. Had this game sitting on my dresser unwrapped for weeks. Finally played the Highway level (first chapter of Dark Carnival) last night and it was fucking awesome.

Reminded me of the highway chapter in World War Z. Anyone else know what I'm talking about?

LM4sure

Banned
I want another level with those cool rain effects. It was awesome not being able to see shit and then a zombie comes out of no where to eat your brains! SICK!!

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
GoldandBlue said:
When the Passing was announced I thought of the possibility of the original L4D crew ending up becoming infected. I thought this was gonna end up true after hearing about the Fallen Survivor but I see that he's just that survivor from Dead Center. Which I'm glad cause I wanna see more of Francis, Louis, Zoey, and Bill in the future.

:( Man I really need to play L4D2 more. I've only played it for about 2 weeks after I purchased it in December...
After The Passing they're planning another L4D1 campaign to link up with The Passing.

Looks great. Video gives more insight into the M60, it has one 150 round belt, so it looks like a grenade launcher type item that will run out pretty quick.

Volcynika

vazel said:
Ah poo you only get to see L4D1 survivors at the bookends of the campaign. I'm happy they didn't add a L4D1 vs L4D2 survivor team deathmatch mode I was afraid they were going to do that. I'm hoping this'll add another scavenge map.

This was part of the news of the unveiling of it

"The Passing" will also add a new infected type, The Fallen Survivor. These are humans who believed themselves to be immune to the infection, but ended up zombified anyway. They will sometimes drop health kits or ammo when killed. It will include new arenas for Survival, Versus and Scavenge modes, and feature Hot, a new co-op challenge mode.

Sibylus

Banned
M60: Called it!

Hoping for ultra-foggy weather or some kind of variant of the Hard Rain rain storm in The Passing (or some kind of weather system).

The Lamonster said:
LTTP here. Had this game sitting on my dresser unwrapped for weeks. Finally played the Highway level (first chapter of Dark Carnival) last night and it was fucking awesome.

Reminded me of the highway chapter in World War Z. Anyone else know what I'm talking about?
I read World War Z for the first time a few weeks before Left 4 Dead 2 released, I definitely had a deja vu moment in that map.

Subliminal said:
Meh. The passing is only 3 chapters long..
Crash Course was only 2 maps, and yet those two maps were pretty darn long and full of areas to explore. My guess is that the first two maps of The Passing will be as long as Crash Course, with the finale being similar to Swamp Fever's (ie there's a long stretch to walk to get to the finale area).

yeah, crash course was plenty long for what it was. versus games on the traditional campaigns can often drag. we all know how willing people are to tough it out for the entire 5 maps after getting steamrolled at the start.

NotWii

Banned
Dogenzaka said:

What??????
O_O

It's almost as bad as the man faced Zoey they had for the Last Stand and Crash Course posters

vazel

Banned
Sorry if I came across as whining about mics but I can't stress how much mics helps in coordination in this game.

And thanks for letting my friend Luxious play on your GAF server vert. He's really good we actually finished one map when he joined. :p

vertopci

vazel said:
Sorry if I came across as whining about mics but I can't stress how much mics helps in coordination in this game.

And thanks for letting my friend Luxious play on your GAF server vert. He's really good we actually finished one map when he joined. :p

Install mumble and you can be on an all mic team!

Top Bottom