• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

Ugh, first time I rage quit my friends team in a pub match (Dark Carnival). Actually just one friend, but with two of her friends. The game was just ugh. This other team was made up of olympic speed runners. Ignore every damn room and run straight for the objective. Don't stop for even 1 second. Not only that, but the luck was on their side which made matters worse. I don't like playing with speed runners in a pub game. Basically everything was going their way. We sucked as tank in Barns and they win the level. Then these guys get a tank in Barns, the tank punches a garbage box our way, the box glitches the bench, goes through it and knocks 3 of us out. Esc->quit->yes

I messaged my friend saying sorry I raged and added that I had to go. I doubt she'll invite me to future games though :(

RustyNails said:
Ugh, first time I rage quit my friends team in a pub match (Dark Carnival). Actually just one friend, but with two of her friends. The game was just ugh. This other team was made up of olympic speed runners. Ignore every damn room and run straight for the objective. Don't stop for even 1 second. Not only that, but the luck was on their side which made matters worse. I don't like playing with speed runners in a pub game. Basically everything was going their way. We sucked as tank in Barns and they win the level. Then these guys get a tank in Barns, the tank punches a garbage box our way, the box glitches the bench, goes through it and knocks 3 of us out. Esc->quit->yes

I messaged my friend saying sorry I raged and added that I had to go. I doubt she'll invite me to future games though :(
Sounds like over half of my games (minus the rage quitting).

Mr Sandman said:
Sounds like over half of my games (minus the rage quitting).
Honestly, I dont rage quit especially when playing with friends. This was true in L4D and true in L4D2, up until today. This match seriously pissed me the heck off. All our plans failed, all theirs worked. The people I play with aren't shitty at all either. But these guys were racing. So much so in Dark Carnival 1, my friend ended up with 0 as her score! These guys skipped every room in the motel and ran straight off the cliff. Heck in Fairgrounds, the regular zombies dealt more damage to them than us. Whatever. Worst match of my life.

I had a great night of L4D2 tonight. Went up against some team attempting a pub-stomp... biggest failure of a pub stomp ever... and this was with 2 randoms on my team (and one friend). Love it.

Oh, and I finally got to do the death Charge at the top of the staircase in DC4 (remember that, Red?). Killed two, charged the third, and the 4th was pulled off by a smoker.

Poetry in motion.

RustyNails said:
Honestly, I dont rage quit especially when playing with friends. This was true in L4D and true in L4D2, up until today. This match seriously pissed me the heck off. All our plans failed, all theirs worked. The people I play with aren't shitty at all either. But these guys were racing. So much so in Dark Carnival 1, my friend ended up with 0 as her score! These guys skipped every room in the motel and ran straight off the cliff. Heck in Fairgrounds, the regular zombies dealt more damage to them than us. Whatever. Worst match of my life.
I don't blame you. Personally, I do it too when it's obvious that the other team is so ahead of our team they seem to do this for a living giving me, maybe another friend, and another set of random people no chance. Feels like I am just wasting my time. I wish it had a skill based matchmaking for less than/average people like me or some other alternative. I also think I have bad luck getting thrown into pubstomp games.

Mr Sandman said:
I don't blame you. Personally, I do it too when it's obvious that the other team is so ahead of our team they seem to do this for a living giving me, maybe another friend, and another set of random people no chance. Feels like I am just wasting my time. I wish it had a skill based matchmaking for less than/average people like me or some other alternative. I also think I have bad luck getting thrown into pubstomp games.

Yeah this game really could use some kind of rank based matchmaking. Or a true random game, where you can't pick sides. No more pubstomps and no more people picking the team with the most players (God I despise those). If I want to play versus, I really want to play with at least one player I am familiar with, so I know at least one player is decent. Still you can have one player that fucks things up for a sort of compentent team. Really frustrating when that player is on your team and if (s)he is on the other team I sort of feel bad for them (though it's also funny at times).

RustyNails said:
Nope. I save the recordings for epic stuff only, which happens rarely and when it does I forget to record :D

But you never know when something interesting will happen. I try to record at the beginning of the match, but I forget or dont bother most of the times.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Mr Sandman said:
me too :(

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Nabs said:
thanks for uploading. it was fun watching it from the other side. if we're on opposite teams next time, i'll also record a set.

Did you like watching yourself land on my head as charger in map 3? Pro tactics on my part for causing it to fail :lol

vertopci

Tisan said:
Out of curiousity (and to hopefully learn some new tricks) I've grabbed the .dems, but which folder do I put them in to then play?

Make sure to watch the finale! :lol

Red Scarlet said:
And oh man, the finale was spectacular, Stallion.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

RustyNails said:

Can't blame them for rushing. There's no reason at all to stop and check rooms if you have kits and if the special infected are still on the timer.

Blizzard

Banned
So today I thought I'd be social and drop into the L4D2 mumble chat while they were setting up for a game. Despite people insulting me, I figured that deep down they still liked me. Who knows, if the community seemed friendly, maybe eventually I would get L4D2!

I had a long, exhausting day at work, but I knew my friendly PC gaming compatriots would cheer me up. Sure, apparently I had made a password for my registered mumble nick, and I couldn't remember it, so my nick is gone for good and I had to use Blizzard2. Still, such problems would not dissuade me! Sure, after I joined one of them told me to get the fuck out via mic chat, but I knew he was just messing around!

But then Nabs revealed to me their true dark hearts. =(

244xpjp.jpg

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I would also suggest watching the rollercoaster part, as the tank assists the survivors in winning that round.

vertopci said:
Make sure to watch map 3 :lol

QQ Vert.

Blizzard

Banned
vertopci said:
You don't have L4D2 and we don't want you in there while we are playing. Because once again...you don't have L4D2.
Instead of using an offensive term like "retarded", you could have just, you know, been straight-forward and asked me politely to not be in the public room while you played. Instead of, you know, telling me to get the fuck out and deafening me. Just be decent about it, right? :p

vertopci

Blizzard said:
Instead of using an offensive term like "retarded", you could have just, you know, been straight-forward and asked me politely to not be in the public room while you played. Instead of, you know, telling me to get the fuck out and deafening me. Just be decent about it, right? :p

You should know better by now than to tell me to be decent about something :lol

vertopci

Nabs said:
oh yeah that was great. i also had a front row seat :lol

Stallion Free said:
I got to watch it in spectator mode. Skip to the end of the first half of map 4 if you want to see some super embarassing fail :lol

You guys are going to make Midnight cry!

I want to see him cry! Keep going!

derFeef

So how to join the awesome GAF games? I am above average skilled and located in Euope. Oh and I hate using a micophone because my verbal english skills are BAD :D

You guys are So mean!

:...(

Seriously, though. Idk how the fuck I failed twice.
WuselDusel said:
Oh and I hate using a micophone because my verbal english skills are BAD :D
That's okay, we don't mind. Talking with poor english is better than not talking at all. Text chat is just so boring. Plus if you get pounced because you were typing, we'll leave you 4 dead.

cheers!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
WuselDusel said:
So how to join the awesome GAF games? I am above average skilled and located in Euope. Oh and I hate using a micophone because my verbal english skills are BAD :D

We play around 10 PM EST, which will be around 3 AM over in Europe. If you don't mind that, shoot me a friend request on Steam and I'll shoot you an invite next time. My Steam ID is Stallion Free.

derFeef

Stallion Free said:
We play around 10 PM EST, which will be around 3 AM over in Europe. If you don't mind that, shoot me a friend request on Steam and I'll shoot you an invite next time. My Steam ID is Stallion Free.
Whoa, yeah, that is late (early) I can do this on weekends maybe, thanks in advance!

drkOne

Adapt your hours to be Euro-friendly!

Can't play with you guys anymore because of college :(
I still remember waking up once at 7AM and getting an invite from vert…
And every day when I was about to go to bed at around 3AM… invite… staying up until 7AM

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Red Scarlet said:
Thanks, if any of you other guys play and feel like recording, I'll gladly watch. I just watch the demo while I am playing whatever, like my responses to the people that gave me crap for watching a demo earlier thinking that I was playing the game:

dontfreakouterror.png

Just incase your interested im part of a teamvs team who streams all of our games live on a streaming network. I wont post the channel here because im not bothered much about viewers or advertising it but if you wanted a link to the games i can pm you a link. We usually have quite lively banter and none of us take it too seriously.

We also record the odd demo when we remember!

vertopci

drkOne said:
Adapt your hours to be Euro-friendly!

Can't play with you guys anymore because of college :(
I still remember waking up once at 7AM and getting an invite from vert…
And every day when I was about to go to bed at around 3AM… invite… staying up until 7AM

I was wondering where you went :O

drkOne

Stallion Free said:
A lot of us East Coasters aren't available till around 9 PM EST or so :(
I was kidding :p Nowadays my playing time is usually around 7PM, and sometimes I end up playing some MW2 before going to bed (30mins-1h), so it'd be really hard for me to play with you guys even if the timezones allowed.

vertopci said:
I was wondering where you went :O
Busy, busy, busy :x I guess I could stay up this Saturday if you guys are going for a match. I miss playing L4D D:

Red Scarlet

Mr Cola said:
Just incase your interested im part of a teamvs team who streams all of our games live on a streaming network. I wont post the channel here because im not bothered much about viewers or advertising it but if you wanted a link to the games i can pm you a link. We usually have quite lively banter and none of us take it too seriously.

We also record the odd demo when we remember!

Sure.

Red Scarlet

Did Stallion record? He's not on. Conceptor wanted to talk about the game but I said it may have been recorded so I didn't wanna know.

Top Bottom