• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

IntelliHeath said:
I am curious about that. Can you explain how different they can be. I heard that we can typing in PC which I would like that since I am deaf IRL which people kept kicked me out of room in expert mode.

I know this doesn't answer your question, but I'm on 360, and like to play on expert but don't use a headset at all, so if you get the 360 version my GT is Dead Wipe, add me and we can play some games on expert when the game is out. I might be the weak link and keep getting killed though :lol

Baha

IntelliHeath said:
I am curious about that. Can you explain how different they can be. I heard that we can typing in PC which I would like that since I am deaf IRL which people kept kicked me out of room in expert mode.

Frankly I'd go where your friends are. If you don't have any on either, make friends here and go with whichever. For what it's worth, I have friends on my steam friends list that don't own/use a mic when I play with them. Typing is perfectly fine, I have a friend that even made a script for L4D that uses "say < >" commands to let us know if he is pounced or pulled. Not sure if it's automatic or if he binded those commands to keys though but I can find out.

MNC

Red Scarlet said:
Does the multicore fix thing work on 1 too now?
I just tried playing a bit, I'm not sure if I was imagining things so I'm not trusting it till we get word from Valve :lol

syllogism

MNC said:
I just tried playing a bit, I'm not sure if I was imagining things so I'm not trusting it till we get word from Valve :lol
I think I saw a l4d 1 update as well when I loaded steam today

VASPER

Banned
23tlhub.jpg

Just picked these up can't wait to get home and play some L4D2.:D

1-D_FTW

syllogism said:
I bet it's going to be sold everywhere on monday and despite the midnight release steam users will get it last once again :(

What do you mean? They're gonna suffer just like the rest of us. They still have to get the final update like the rest of us. Only the 360 gamers will be taunting us (Awesome photo, Vasper.)

Killer

Banned
IntelliHeath said:

textures, zombie count, runs much smoother than the x360. I don't know it just feels right on the PC (that the case with Valve games anyway), and yeah you can type on PC.

feel

Shoogoo said:
http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr140/shoogoo/vasper.jpg[IMG]

[spoiler]sorry[/spoiler][/QUOTE]
I totally expected this post before the end of the page. Bravo. :lol

Boomer was all alone in the cornfield. The survivors had left long ago in their Army transport, finally leaving the horrors of the infected western Pennsylvania behind for some crowded refugee camp of the immune. But Boomer cared not for such things. He was a refined infected man above such crudity as eating the living. His concern was only his fierce battle with the cruel world itself.

For you see dear reader, Boomer had been struck down by his own fountain of being from which he had sprung, and that most unique love had been severed. It began before the survivors had arrived. He had asked his kind mother, who was now in the form of a hag, if he could have sole claim to the television in the farmhouse after it was all over. To relax and watch the antics of cartoon boys in a Colorado town was Boomer's sole pleasure, beyond partaking in the bottles of oxycodone tablets which the foolish humans had missed. It was an accursed vice for a man of his stature, true, but Boomer found solace in the knowledge that many of the world's greatest minds had fallen victim to the snare of opiates, in cloudy Victorian parlors away from the eyes of judgment.

Following the defeat of the Infected, the forces of the new death retreated into the simple home to recuperate. There, Boomer found a challenge to his territory. It was his sister, Female Boomer, and her degenerate boyfriend, the Jockey. And they were in usage of Boomer's exclusive television set.

"Begone, wench and pimp!" cried Boomer. "Our fine matron has blessed me with the rights to this device! Thou did not even shine thy faces in battle."

Insolent, they ignored his righteous cries. Seeing no intelligence in their idiot brains, Boomer turned his mother and pleaded, "Mother! Recall thy promise! Expel these rapacious fools!"

But Mother was in her witching mood. Still agitated from combat, she struck out of her own loin-product. Terrified, Boomer had retreated from the domicile and into the field of corn.

At least, that was his story. In reality, Boomer had just farted and pooped and burped and cried and spit up a lot and started flailing at the Witch because he was a big ol' crybaby. But Boomer thought quite a lot of himself, you see. So it should be no surprise that Boomer saw the approach of Tank as a knight in shining armor.

"WHY BOOMER SO SAD," poetically cooed the gentle beast.

"Fart blurp goooboodhjsdh flurrffffffff baaaaaaagh [I have been separated from my kin through lies and thievery]," replied Boomer.

"...WANNA DO HOT DUDESEX."

The answer was obviously yes. In a sudden and incredibly erotic display, Boomer dropped trou and presented his blubbery Boomer bunghole to the Tank's waiting foot-long meat missile. In an squishy instant, they were getting "mad rutty" up in that cornfield. Boomer's bulging boy-boobies n' big belly be bouncin' as he got totally man-boned up in his flabby fartchamber. Tank was roaring and his little Tank-tongue was all floppin' around and dribblin over Boomer's back. Boomer was still pretty fucked up from some pills, so he spun around and kinda spit up a little all over the Tank's titanic dingdong! Jesus, this is totally freaking hot!!

"RAGHHHH"
"BUUURP [YES!]"
"ME LOVE YOU AND YOU BUTT"
"HARGHHHLFFAAPBBFFFFFFPT [And I, you. *farts gently*]"

Holy moley!!

Meanwhile on a barn roof, a human sat with a pair of binoculars, watching the naughty necros knock boots. The man no longer has a name in this forsaken cruel world, but he was once known as The World's Straightest Man. And- what the!? He's fappin' like crazy! Oh no! Has he been infected by a different virus, the gay virus!? That virus was ordinarily held in place by Jesus Christ and George W. Bush, but ever since the zombies killed God, there was a chance that the gay could spread across the land. But no, dear readers. This man was still straight as an arrow; it was merely that the hot action before him was so amazingly boner-inducing that only a crazy person could resist. Seriously, this was the hottest shit in the world! Fuck anyone who disagrees!!!

But then, tragedy struck. As the Tank prepped his tank turret for a massive tummy-tearing salvo, Boomer made a terrifying realization.

"BLAAAARGH!!! [No! Beloved! Stop!]"

But it was too late. The pressure from the bubbly boy-juice burst hit Boomer just like any survivor's bullet. He exploded into a mass of bile, fart gas, and Tank man-chowder. Tank sat for a moment, stunned. The Horde screeched in the distance, smelling the bile. Tank reached into his upper chest, pulled out the rest of his jaw, and slowly spoke.

"...I have done murder and destroyed that most precious to me. Let the Furies carry me away in just retribution for my sins."

And so he didn't resist at all (or even pull up his pants to cover up his still semi-soft sausage), as he was torn apart by the Horde.

Back on the roof, the world's straightest man sighed. Something ran down his cheek. A droplet of seed, deposited on his own face in a feat of Northian virility? Or could it be... a tear? He smiled sadly, for he knew that in the after-undeath, the two would be together forever, and could have fucking insane good buttsex without fear of exploding into vomit.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Honestly EmCee, I don't think fanfic can get any better than that. Please write more. Hopefully Valve will utilize it in marketing the game.

Slavik81

I'll have internets by 3pm on the 18th! Huzzah!
To get it installed, I'll have to leave work early... or take the day off.

Hmmm... I hope this game is delayed just short of a day. That way, I can be in on it from the very beginning...
Let's go Valve Time let's go!

1-D_FTW

Whatever they did in the update is total ass suckage for me.

Was trying to play with some of the guys and it hard crashed four times on me. Windows XP, Windows 7, no difference. Tried every combination I could. Just hard locks with a horrible beep sound.

notsol337

marked forever
Slavik81 said:
I'll have internets by 3pm on the 18th! Huzzah!
To get it installed, I'll have to leave work early... or take the day off.

Hmmm... I hope this game is delayed just short of a day. That way, I can be in on it from the very beginning...
Let's go Valve Time let's go!

You're a horrible, horrible man!

I keed.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Well, I just played the demo. Game isn't as good as the first, from what I played. Oh well.

Gore is cool though.

Cynar

Just put down my pre-order at gamestop today. :D Need to go back tomorrow and complain about not getting my pre-order bonus as I didn't know there was any I was supposed to get when I pre-ordered, just assumed it was on pickup. :lol

epmode

BobsRevenge said:
Well, I just played the demo. Game isn't as good as the first, from what I played. Oh well.
I can see someone saying it's about the same but I will never understand people saying that it's worse. Oh internet, you surprised me again!

NotWii

Banned
BobsRevenge said:

Gore is cool though.
Yeah, I dunno what Valve were thinking when they chose to show off The Parish as the demo instead of the Amusement Park :/

Wii said:
Yeah, I dunno what Valve were thinking when they chose to show off The Parish as the demo instead of the Amusement Park :/
Because they know people in America are fucking pussies and are afraid of clowns.

Yay, it's almost out!

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
so excited about this! it just snuck up on me, too. I didn't realise that that L4D2 meant... well, more L4D. it wasn't until I played the demo a few days ago that I realised that this was the real deal.

everything about it just screams Valve goodness. I can't fucking wait. Versus is going to kick so much ass, as usual.

And my obligatory: omg awesome music in the demo, I can't wait to hear the rest.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I shouldn't have waited so long, but any available slots in a fourpack available?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Servizio said:
I shouldn't have waited so long, but any available slots in a fourpack available?

I WOULD ALSO ENJOY DOING THIS.

Now we are 2! (I'm a moron though, so I need very specific instructions.... I'm in euroland as well, so that doesn't make purchasing very cheap at all.

EDIT: For euro people it's 33.50 each with a 4 pack as opposed to 44.99. anybody want in on that let me know.

syllogism

I was watching a stream and
dark carnival the shooting gallery counts your score and if you get high enough (didn't seem very high) you win THE GNOME and you can carry it around
. Also apparently you can now be revived even with zombies pounding on you? Or was it like that always on 360?

Ventrue

catfish said:
I WOULD ALSO ENJOY DOING THIS.

Now we are 2! (I'm a moron though, so I need very specific instructions.... I'm in euroland as well, so that doesn't make purchasing very cheap at all.

EDIT: For euro people it's 33.50 each with a 4 pack as opposed to 44.99. anybody want in on that let me know.

I am trying to get a copy too. I cannot be the purchaser as I live in Australia and I'm trying to get an outside world copy.

I'm about to go to sleep, but if anyone is going to be purchasing a four pack, please PM me and count me in! I'll check first thing in the morning.

Top Bottom