• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

I have never played the first one, but i am upgrading my PC within the next few weeks and since i will mainly be multiplayer oriented is this the obvious choice as opposed to L4D1?

Red Scarlet said:
I'd have to say yeah, since there will probably be more? people playing 2 instead.

Yea, they are on the same engine with similar gameplay, so i presume that 2 would just be an upgrade multiplayer wise.

Probably no one left to do a 4 pack group with, especially since I can't actually make the buy. But still going to give it a shot i guess. If anyone has a spot I can send the money through paypal.

Have the console commands in the demo been removed? I've got it all set up with sv_cheats on, but was trying to give myself the grenade launcher and incendiary ammo to try them out. If they are still in there, can anyone post the commands just to make sure I'm putting them in right?

xero273

Charmicarmicat said:
Have the console commands in the demo been removed? I've got it all set up with sv_cheats on, but was trying to give myself the grenade launcher and incendiary ammo to try them out. If they are still in there, can anyone post the commands just to make sure I'm putting them in right?

give weapon_grenade_launcher
upgrade_add INCENDIARY_AMMO
upgrade_add EXPLOSIVE_AMMO

I remember reading that these were removed but you can give it a try

The Suit

The air was heavy in the swamplands. Rochelle and Coach had gone to check out the plantation house for supplies, while Ellis and Nick stood outside standing watch for any approaching hordes. Ellis had wandered off a few feet to look at a small creek nearby. He smiled as he saw catfish sulking in the mud.

"At least the fish ain't zombies yet."

Suddenly, a twig snapped behind him. Ellis instinctively turned around, shoved his rifle at the approaching figure, knocking it into a deep puddle, and prepared to take aim.

"Oh jeez! Ellis, what the shit, man!" Nick was not amused. Nor was he dry.

"Aw hahaha! Sorry Nick! Thought you was one a'them mud dudes."

Nick pulled himself out of the scummy puddle. "Uh-huh. Real funny. Yeah, knock the guy with the $3,000 suit into the water! Come on!" (Note: It wasn't that funny. Ever since the Survivors had eaten the Survival Survival Devil Fruit, they would be revived in a locked room several hundred yards away if they died, but at the price of losing the ability to swim. More than a foot of water is fatal to any Survivor.)

"God damn it!," Nick shouted as he examined the damage to his wardrobe. "Look at my suit... scum and water and mud and leaves... and like, probably bug and fish poop... all over it!"

Ellis was struggling to stop from laughing. "C'mon, it's jus' a suit. You ain't dead."

"'Ha ha ha', I'm sure your rustic down-home horse sense is just so simple and wise. Not everybody was 'lucky' to grow up in Deliverance like you."

Nick was hurt. "That was hillbillies! I'm a redneck! There's a friggin' difference." He ignored Nick rolling his eyes. "Anyway, that suit's jus' gonna give you pneumonia or something. You should get that off you."

"What!?" Nick started. "Oh Jesus, this is Deliverance. Look, let's get to the house first and switch places with Rochelle and Coach. Maybe Colonel Sanders or whoever owned that place has something to wear."

"The Colonel lived in Kentucky, not Mis-"

"Shut up." But Nick was troubled. The idea of stripping in front of the muscular young man had given him a different reaction than he had expected. He shook his head; he was just letting a stupid little zombie apocalypse get to him.

-The House-

Rochelle and Coach had gone outside to keep watch. Nick strolled around the bedrooms of the house in his underwear for something else to wear while his clothes hung up to dry.

"There are no clothes anywhere here! This place is like a stupid museum for a bunch of history crap that nobody cares about! People pay to look at this shit?" He paused. "...You know, if I live through this, that might be a good angle to rack in some cash."

Suddenly, Nick realized that he wasn't alone in the room. Ellis was standing in front of a cabinet, looking for clothes as well. But the young man was also in nothing but briefs.

"Uh... I..." Nick couldn't stop staring at Ellis' finely toned body. Years of mechanical work and youthful adventures had given the boy an amazing physique. "Uh... what are you... why..."

"Oh! Well, I was just thinkin', my old clothes was kinda dirty, so why not try on somethin' new?" Ellis looked up and saw Nick's stare. "Man... whatchoo lookin' at?" He raised his eyebrow and smirked.

"Woah now! I'm not like that!" Ellis approached despite Nick's panicked look. "I was just-"

"Don't worry, brother. Not errybody down here is all fire and brimstone, wanting to string them kinds of fellas up... but maybe usin' some rope could be kinda fun."

"Oh... oh jeez. This is-"

"You know what 'suck the heads' means? Not about eatin... one time me and Keith... welllll...."

Their faces approached and they began to give into their temptation. Their underwear fell to the ground and their lips were nearly touching...

...when suddenly a Jockey jumped into the room onto Nick's back and stuck his long Jockey-wiener into Nick's butthole. As Ellis freaked out and tried to stop the Infected, he got spun around and Nick's erect rod went right up Ellis' tight behind! 'Impaled' on Nick's manhood, the Jockey was guiding them both around the hallways of the house! "AHHHHHH" they screamed, wow this is scary and kinda sexy but mostly scary! Uh-oh, a Charger! And he's not wearing any pants! ZOINKS! The Jockey guided Ellis' mouth directly into the Charger's charged-up chode and the four-man spitroast was on! Gadzooks! It lasted for like two hours before Coach and Rochelle came in and shot the zombies.

Anyway, the whole thing was really pretty embarrassing and Nick's suit was ruined anyway because as soon as he put his pants back on he left a big brown poop sweat stain on them and everyone laughed at him and Nick cried.

the end i guess

kai3345

Banned
EmCeeGramr said:
The Suit

The air was heavy in the swamplands. Rochelle and Coach had gone to check out the plantation house for supplies, while Ellis and Nick stood outside standing watch for any approaching hordes. Ellis had wandered off a few feet to look at a small creek nearby. He smiled as he saw catfish sulking in the mud.

"At least the fish ain't zombies yet."

Suddenly, a twig snapped behind him. Ellis instinctively turned around, shoved his rifle at the approaching figure, knocking it into a deep puddle, and prepared to take aim.

"Oh jeez! Ellis, what the shit, man!" Nick was not amused. Nor was he dry.

"Aw hahaha! Sorry Nick! Thought you was one a'them mud dudes."

Nick pulled himself out of the scummy puddle. "Uh-huh. Real funny. Yeah, knock the guy with the $3,000 suit into the water! Come on!" (Note: It wasn't that funny. Ever since the Survivors had eaten the Survival Survival Devil Fruit, they would be revived in a locked room several hundred yards away if they died, but at the price of losing the ability to swim. More than a foot of water is fatal to any Survivor.)

"God damn it!," Nick shouted as he examined the damage to his wardrobe. "Look at my suit... scum and water and mud and leaves... and like, probably bug and fish poop... all over it!"

Ellis was struggling to stop from laughing. "C'mon, it's jus' a suit. You ain't dead."

"'Ha ha ha', I'm sure your rustic down-home horse sense is just so simple and wise. Not everybody was 'lucky' to grow up in Deliverance like you."

Nick was hurt. "That was hillbillies! I'm a redneck! There's a friggin' difference." He ignored Nick rolling his eyes. "Anyway, that suit's jus' gonna give you pneumonia or something. You should get that off you."

"What!?" Nick started. "Oh Jesus, this is Deliverance. Look, let's get to the house first and switch places with Rochelle and Coach. Maybe Colonel Sanders or whoever owned that place has something to wear."

"The Colonel lived in Kentucky, not Mis-"

"Shut up." But Nick was troubled. The idea of stripping in front of the muscular young man had given him a different reaction than he had expected. He shook his head; he was just letting a stupid little zombie apocalypse get to him.

-The House-

Rochelle and Coach had gone outside to keep watch. Nick strolled around the bedrooms of the house in his underwear for something else to wear while his clothes hung up to dry.

"There are no clothes anywhere here! This place is like a stupid museum for a bunch of history crap that nobody cares about! People pay to look at this shit?" He paused. "...You know, if I live through this, that might be a good angle to rack in some cash."

Suddenly, Nick realized that he wasn't alone in the room. Ellis was standing in front of a cabinet, looking for clothes as well. But the young man was also in nothing but briefs.

"Uh... I..." Nick couldn't stop staring at Ellis' finely toned body. Years of mechanical work and youthful adventures had given the boy an amazing physique. "Uh... what are you... why..."

"Oh! Well, I was just thinkin', my old clothes was kinda dirty, so why not try on somethin' new?" Ellis looked up and saw Nick's stare. "Man... whatchoo lookin' at?" He raised his eyebrow and smirked.

"Woah now! I'm not like that!" Ellis approached despite Nick's panicked look. "I was just-"

"Don't worry, brother. Not errybody down here is all fire and brimstone, wanting to string them kinds of fellas up... but maybe usin' some rope could be kinda fun."

"Oh... oh jeez. This is-" Their faces approached and they began to give into their temptation. Their underwear fell to the ground and their lips were nearly touching...

...when suddenly a Jockey jumped into the room onto Nick's back and stuck his long Jockey-wiener into Nick's butthole. As Ellis freaked out and tried to stop the Infected, he got spun around and Nick's erect rod went right up Ellis' tight behind! 'Impaled' on Nick's manhood, the Jockey was guiding them both around the hallways of the house! "AHHHHHH" they screamed, wow this is scary and kinda sexy but mostly scary! Uh-oh, a Charger! And he's not wearing any pants! ZOINKS! The Jockey guided Ellis' mouth directly into the Charger's charged-up chode and the four-man spitroast was on! Gadzooks! It lasted for like two hours before Coach and Rochelle came in and shot the zombies.

Anyway, the whole thing was really pretty embarrassing and Nick's suit was ruined anyway because as soon as he put his pants back on he left a big brown poop sweat stain on them and everyone laughed at him and Nick cried.

the end i guess
I can never play as Nick or Ellis ever again.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
pre-load complete :)

I hope someone works out a fool-proof workaround for the censorship, but I'll be fine either way, honestly.

I just finished exams; I'm going to sink so much time into this baby over the next few days. :D

Ventrue

Hey you, reading this right now. You have a Paypal account and you live outside of Australia. I'm going to send you $45 US and once I've done that you just have to hit that "Gift" button on Steam so I can get a proper version of this game. Please send me a PM: I know you're reading this!

EDIT: Thank you Servizio.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Ventrue, Catfish, Sander:

I have purchased a four pack. I'm going to PM you some paypal details.

From the OP:
Q-How do I get around my country censoring it?
A- Have one of your friends from another country gift it to you. The game remains
uncensored except the intro video. Also, the friends account can get banned however
I haven't heard this happen yet.

Where did this rumor originate? I can't believe there would be any grounds for banning, especially since there would be no way to prove you knew the people you were gifting to were from Germany/Australia.

I think it's just putting the uncensored game in the Australian market that's not allowed. You would think that it would be alright to buy the retail US version and send it off to somebody in Australia. This is just digital.

Nabs

Max said:

Thanks. Just cleared up enough space, will be ready for tonight :D

edit: that was a really quick download. i'm glad i was able to pre-load now, rather than a few hours before release.

vertopci said:
For a big release like L4D2 being less than 24 hours away, this thread sure is dead.
What's there to say?

"zomgggg I can't wait, I'm going to stay up the 23 hours until it's unlocked!!!"

lol
This thread will blow up tonight.

EDIT: On the subject of the commercial music... anyone else hope they would re-use the "These are my friends now" song from the first game's commercials? I absolutely loved that track and how it complimented the game.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
vertopci said:
For a big release like L4D2 being less than 24 hours away, this thread sure is dead.
this is a sophisticated thread for sophisticated gamers. we're not like those lewd like the inferior other gamers when it comes to hype threads.

(emcee is an other gamer for the sake of this post)

Rez said:
this is a sophisticated thread for sophisticated gamers. we're not like those lewd like the inferior other gamers when it comes to hype threads.

(emcee is an other gamer for the sake of this post)

at least i make it clear that my posts are just masturbating all over a game, unlike most official threads

Zeke

am I the only one that thinks the VA in L4D2 sounds flat compared to the original? Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse.

I'm still looking for a 4 pack to get in on, PM me if there's a slot available. I'd do it myself but I'm not sure what to do about paypal and stuff.

I did a complete 180 on this. I can't harbor any reservations about those two boycott members who got whisked away to Valve. All I got was a demo and $16.25 off and I got excited. I guess Left 4 Dead 1 isn't going anywhere, which was my chief complaint. I'll still play the mods that do come out for both. Hopefully they'll be more interchangeable for the indie dev's sake.

BTW, does anyone else highly doubt that it'll hit Steam at midnight? Fool me once...and twice, and three times even.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Servizio said:
Ventrue, Catfish, Sander:

I have purchased a four pack. I'm going to PM you some paypal details.

OH YEAH. right before the deadline.
everything sent.

Let it be known to all that Servizio is a legend!

Top Bottom